Outfit look-alikes #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes I feel like there are up and coming stylists who once in a while just borrow from the archives hoping no one would notice. But then that's why this thread exists.

Atelier Versace Spring 2015 vs Naeem Khan Resort 2017 (vogue)
3O2SIAYI.jpg

Sorry I'm Not Fall/Winter 2016 | Nina Ricci Spring/Summer 2008

aBIGPsh.jpg
Nina+Ricci+Spring+2008+82bZ0Eoy3tNl.jpg

Nina+Ricci+Spring+2008+JkNui4sny1al.jpg
Nina+Ricci+Spring+2008+XipJgQ6q_i3l.jpg

-vogue.com; livingly.com

We can all say Valentino was "inspired" this season.

Valentino Fall 2016 Couture VS Louis Vuitton Spring 2016

nfH6VBRP.jpg
5sqdzB5i.jpg

Valentino Fall 2016 Couture VS Alexander McQueen Fall 2008

92Mnm5Pj.jpg
JYbWnrNW.jpg

vogue

^Another great example of if you are not going to do it better, don't do it. The McQueen one is stunning, the Valentino one is :huh:

^Another great example of if you are not going to do it better, don't do it. The McQueen one is stunning, the Valentino one is :huh:

I just LOL in real life.

The McQueen looks well designed and like there was a process and actual thought into it whereas the Valentino doesn't really look like couture or that it took any skill to make in comparison

We can all say Valentino was "inspired" this season.

Valentino Fall 2016 Couture VS Louis Vuitton Spring 2016

*** Edited ... photos removed. Please remove photos when you quote another post, per our Community Rules. *** We can click on the little arrow to see the original ... and it saves bandwidth here, which is important. Thanks!

Funny that it's also the same model to wear the looks..

Last edited by a moderator:
Converse One Star with customized platform by Heathermary Jackson for The Face Magazine 2002 & Gucci Cruise 2017

^ She's not shading at all, praising in fact. :huh:

^ The way the tags are placed looks like shade to me, no matter what the description says lol

I don't understand the shade. Could someone please explain?

He means Heathermary tagged her version as Gucci cause they look better than the other. But I remember some Blitz kids did better job with high tops and glitter.

Does anyone know about similiar fabrics different designers use at at different times? Any interisting articles or research?

Junya Watanabe 1996
gruen06.jpg

imcmagazine.com (originally from nadja-auermann.com)

vs

Christian Dior resort 2014
dior_56.1366x2048.JPG

Fall winter 2014 for the colors
DIO_0440.1366x2048.JPG

vogue

^

That Dior Barney dress is a monstrosity. It's unflattering and it burns my eyes. That color combination is absolutely vile.

^^Actually that Junya dress looks as if it was taken from Dior f/w 15 collection

^^Actually that Junya dress looks as if it was taken from Dior f/w 15 collection

Not even close. That shade of magenta is just plain wrong. Junya's is soft and pretty, the total opposite of the Dior.

^I'm not talking about that particular magenta look nor F/W 14.15. I had F/W 15.16 in my mind and the closing looks for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->