Outfit look-alikes #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dior_couture Patrick Van Ommeslaeghe designed both jil and loewe dresses....there is also a dress on model phillipa copied after a popy moreni jumper.

How come no one ever mentions Pheobe's love for my dear Yohji! the "inspirations" have always been there...

*** Refrain from quoting images, please ***

Sources: archivings.net and nymag.com

Where is the picture on the left taken from? Which of Yohji's collections?

Last edited by a moderator:
Celine Pre-Fall 2016 (left) and Kenzo SS 2013

both, vogue.com

Christian Dior Spring/Summer 2016

Christian Siriano Spring/Summer 2017

both images from voguerunway

Alexander Wang spring 2017 vs Balenciaga spring 2013

_ALE0091.jpg _ON_1281.1366x2048.jpg
vogue

Last edited by a moderator:
Proenza Schouler Spring/Summer 2017 vs. Yves Saint Laurent Fall/Winter 2005
_MON0781.jpg
Yves+Saint+Laurent+Fall+2005+bBwg4an8roHl.jpg

(vogue.com / livingly.com)

zac posen s/s 17 - valentino s/s 10

Schermata_2016_09_13_alle_03_08_11.png
Schermata_2016_09_13_alle_03_08_20.png

the top part of the dress immediately made me think of that valentino.

vogue.com / nowfashion.com

I just thought the striped piping and the way the blazers are buttoned reminded me of Balenciaga F/W 2007; not necessarily look-alikes in a technical sense.

Balenciaga F/W 2007 | Rag & Bone S/S 2017

Balenciaga_Fall_2007_l_o_Xd_BH2_N6xl.jpg
RAG0565.jpg
RAG0587.jpg

livingly.com/vogue.com

Balenciaga Spring Summer 2008 vs Zac Posen Spring Summer 2017

Attachments

• 320.jpeg
    320.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 1620 (1).jpg
    1620 (1).jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 6
^^^ All three are variations of the classic tennis pullover. I’m sure if you dig a little further back, you’ll see the same colorway of this classic preppy sweater by Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, LL Bean, etc.

As for the piping of the Balenciaga/Rag & Bone pieces, isn’t the stripped piping more of a Victorian characteristic that’s found on many jackets of the time? It’s more of a traditional accent, like the tennis pullover, than anything that’s exclusive to any modern designer.

^ I think you and a lot of posters are missing the point of the thread. It's not about exclusive inspiration, stealing pieces or being original - it's called outfit look-alikes and that is exactly what is being posted. :smile:

^ I think Phuel was saying that to say that one tennis sweater is a look-alike of another tennis sweater is sort of redundant since they're all, at the end of the day, inspired by the exact same garment which has a sort of specific look. It'd be like saying that one light blue denim jacket is a look-alike of another light blue denim jacket, or that one black sheath is a look-alike of another black sheath.

Now if the Rag & Bone one maybe had some sort of lacing or openwork incorporated into it à la the Alexander Wang one it's being compared to, then you'd have more of a look-alike. When it comes to fairly straightforward pieces it's all about the finer points.

^^^ Thanks Spike for explaining my post clearer-- as always. I think I'm going to start looking into enrolling in some night courses for English LOL

I get that this may have started as a thread to not call out copycats-- but that's what it's evolved into. It is startling to see how some designers have clearly ripped off others-- not from decades ago, but mere seasons (or a season ago even). But it's also very possible it could merely be genuine coincidence.

Y'all should check out @diet_prada on Instagram.

I think its a fabulous account and seems to be the only voice that calls out the extreme lack of integrity so many "designers" have with the way they copy and steal from others, oftentimes shamelessly.

Weird and funny at the same time :P

Agatha Ruiz de la Prada (Madrid) & Jeremy Scott (Both SS17)

Vogue.es | Vogue.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->