over-the-knee boots--yes or no

kit19

Reaction score
Well, I'm new here, but it looks like a great forum, so I'll just jump right in. I'm contemplating purchasing black leather (not patent) over-the-knee boots (pointy toe, 4" stilletto heel). Clearly, they wouldn't be for everyday wear, and I'm looking for some advice. Sorry, but I don't have a photo to post. They're very basic, though--no buckles or laces--just nice black boots. FYI, I'm nearly 5'10", so I can pull off high boots, I think. BUT, I'm in my mid-30s, and I don't want to look trashy or dressing much too young. I'm also more of an hourglass shape than model thin, and my legs are probably my best feature (don't take that wrong--it sounds a bit egotistical). Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts? Can they be worn without looking trashy? What should be paired with them? I appreciate any input.

Nails

Hey everyone, new to this site, luv it already. I am wondering who here luvs nails and what the new trends will be this spring/summer for girls and guys to have done with their digits. Replies are very much welcomed! Thanx

High boots?

Well, I'm new here, but it looks like a great forum, so I'll just jump right in. Since I am new, I'm not sure which forum is most appropriate for this, and I have a nearly identical thread started in the shoes one, too. Once I figure out what's where, I won't double post again.

I'm contemplating purchasing black leather (not patent) over-the-knee boots (pointy toe, 4" stilletto heel). Clearly, they wouldn't be for everyday wear, and I'm looking for some advice. Sorry, but I don't have a photo to post.

I'm a boot fanatic, but always very basic leather, high heeled, pointy toed boots (yes--I even wore them when they weren't "in"). So, I've always wanted the thigh high boots, but never had the guts to buy them. Now, I really, really want them. They're very basic--no buckles or laces--just nice black boots. FYI, I'm nearly 5'10", so I can pull off high boots, I think. BUT, I'm in my mid-30s, and I don't want to look trashy or like I'm dressing much too young. I'm also more of an hourglass shape than model thin (not heavy--just curvy), and my legs are thin and probably my best feature (don't take that wrong--it sounds a bit egotistical). Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts? Can they be worn without looking trashy? What should be paired with them? I appreciate any input.

I say if you have the legs for them, then flaunt them :-)
If you're comfortable in the boots, then wear them.

i have apair from the 70's. but they are not stilletto, it sounds like you really like these. buy them.

i wear mine with skirts and dresses that go to the knee and below, people dont really even know the boots are otk.

I can't see a thing wrong with a 30 year old in knee-high boots, especially as conservative a pair as you describe. This has become standard office wear this winter in many places. BTW, I'm delighted to hear of a tall lady who is confident enough to wear heels - rock 'em!

LolitaLuxe said:
i wear mine with skirts and dresses that go to the knee and below, people dont really even know the boots are otk.
That's the stealth form of over-the-knee!

Oops - my semi-literate mind left out the "over-the-" in your boots. But in the other posting of this, someone gave you the technique: wear knee-length or longer skirts, and you can go stealth with just how high the boots are.
Besides, I think at your height the boots will be just nicely over your knee, rather than way up the thigh (that's where hookerlook comes in!)

Go for it, with your height and the over-the-knee boots at 4 inches you will look great with a knee length or long skirt. A mini would be great also but I would just watch how "short" the mini is. Hope this helps

Hi kit19, welcome to tFS :flower:

You might want to look at the thread for Stella Mccartney's collection aw '05 under Designers and Collections for inspiration..she paired over the knee boots with a couple of outfits and it looked great, definately not trashy :flower:

I have seen them worn nicely, but usually they look very tacky. However, it is all about how you wear them, and like I said, I've seen plenty of people make them work.

I have a black PVC pair & always wear them over jeans.

I think it still can, only flat ones..
no heel and then more street.

Suede or fine leather.. No skirts or some,
just a big jeans and some huge bag with it.
But ir you got the not perfect body/legs
or style and attitude for this..

LET IS PASS ALONG..

Low heel ones would be perfect for the winter!

I've only seen a few in public worn with above knee lenght skirts and I thought they looked great :wink:

Just my opinion

i love over-the-knee boots...sometimes even higher. if you can pull it off, then go for it.

my favorites are these givenchys from fall 2003:

11.jpg

and balenciaga fall 2003:

100093477.jpg

Does anyone remember the "stiletto pants" that were shown on the Chanel runways 3 or 4 years ago? They were white leather pants that were continuous with high heeled feet, just like a little kid's pajamas have built-in feet. Strange thing for der Karl to do, but quite fascinating!

^ i do remember those, but i can't recall what collection those were from :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->