Packing questions

Caffeine

Reaction score
I will go to SF for a one week vacation. It's the first time that I decided to wear nice clothes on vacation...Here is my question: my items include a Chanel jacket, a Burberry trench coat, a Marc Jacobs skirt, a Balenciaga bags(B bag fans told me to put the bag b/w clothes...nice idea, but I ran out space for shoes...)and two or three pairs of high heels that I do not want to fold and squeeze in. I know there are many experienced travelers so could you please tell me how to pack those nice items? :unsure:
I really want to dress nicely because...I might get engaged during that week :blush:
thank you for the tips!

OH MY GOSH! I got engaged on a trip to SF...

sorry not much help with packing...

don't forget to pack flats or some other comfortable shoes! I manage a shoe store downtown SF, and I get so many tourists coming in to buy a pair of comfortable shoes because their feet are killing them from all of the walking. the streets & sidewalks here are bumpy (unstable ground) and there are a lot of hills, so high-heels aren't the smartest thing to wear - unless of course you're planning on being chauffered and carried the whole time...:P

Also, wear layers. it can get cold & foggy here at night, but also remember - the warmer months here are August - Sept.

Honestly... I carried a huuuge hobo bag onto the plane .. put my shoes in there.. and carried it on..

Pack clothes inside your bags... and put them in your suitcase... remember... usually if you roll some of your clothes, t-shirts, pants etc... you can fit more in :wink:

Caffeine, you might try a bunch of tissue paper ... I seem to recall that's what Martha does (WWMD?) :P In all seriousness, you might find something on her website. I would be tempted to carry on a garment bag (you can hang it up as you board) and not check all that stuff. You have insurance that would cover it if anything happened, yes?

Enjoy your trip ... I was born in SF :heart:

Thank you Plastic'swife!
Henriette, I plan to bring my flipflops and pumas. Thank you for reminding me that!
Luna and fashoionista-ta, Thanks for the tips! I will read Martha's website to see if there are other tips:-)

i live in SF and just wanted to say enjoy your trip and i hope everything works out :smile: and i second that about the comfortable shoes-if youre going to walk around and explore the city you'll need some flats :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katerinadimitriou
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->