Paris Menswear F/W 07/08 In Review

ilaughead

Reaction score
I had to post this Before I forgot. How'd everyone like the collections shown for Fall/Winter 2007/2008?

I'll post my reviews tomorrow because it's much too late for me to review everything tonight.:ninja:

:wub::wub::wub:
Bruno Pieters - In those thirteen short looks, there were some great items and some awful items, but Pieters has undeniable potential in the menswear world.
Hermès - This season Hermès hit the nail on the head for colors. The green and teal are perfect hues, but unfortunately I can't afford the $145,000 for the crocodile jacket.
Lanvin - Well, there certainly wasn't a lot of innovation for this season. (Or any of the three seasons, for that matter.) But Lanvin has definately became my favorite label. From the grunge outfit to the purple sweatsuit, everything coming out of Lucas' head is pure brillance.

:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Dior Homme - After a two seasons of amazing shows, Hedi failed to excite me. Since I wasn't even alive in the 80's, I don't really see the attractiveness of most of the clothes. But the harem pants--I'm so there.
Dries Van Noten - None of the pieces particularly stand out, but the tone and mood of the collection is so spot-on that it doesn't really matter. The Versace-esque patterns really lend a nice feel to it, also.
Balenciaga - Not incredibly new, to say the least, but it is very wearable. I loved the preppy twist on the clothes, but I have to wonder if it makes any sense to pay Balenciaga prices when you're only getting J. Crew style.
Raf Simons - This is one of those brands that is really great, but isn't my style whatsoever. The gloves, the gorgeous outerwear, everything was great. Comparing to even a few seasons back, this is a huge improvement for Simons.
Yves Saint Laurent - Huge disappointment for me. I loved his 2006 collections, but after cruise, it all went downhill. The YSL customer is just too old now. I liked the idea of oversized everything, but it was just too mature.

:sick::sick::sick:
Louis Vuitton - I loved the past few seasons of LV. But again, the 80's influences got in the way. There may have been some shoes I liked, but other than that, I don't see much of anything worth buying.
John Galliano - Too grungy. That's really all I can say. Galliano is doing a great job at Dior, so I know he could do something extraordinary at his own line. So why did he choose "grunge punk" as his signature? It could be so much better!
Viktor & Rolf - I used to like Viktor & Rolf. But they are getting boring, and quickly because there are simply no new ideas in their collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeress
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->