Paris Menswear S/S 08 In Review

ilaughead

Reaction score
I was going to wait for pictures of Balenciaga, but for whatever reason, they're not coming.

:wink:

Raf Simons -
The best show in Paris! It might be really similar to Prada's collection last Spring, but it was also so much better.
Lanvin - Always great. Nothing groundbreaking, but enough new items to keep me happy.
Yves Saint Laurent - This is too old for me, but it was a wonderful collection. The paint-splattered items and the shapes worked really well.

:neutral:

Comme des Garçons - The colors in here were amazing. So bright and optimistic. It's nice to see those after such a dull Fall.
Louis Vuitton - Some of the cuts of pieces in here were intriguing. I'd really want to see them up close.
Hermès - I wasn't a fan of the palette, but everything else was really strong.

:(

John Galliano - Not a fan of grunge. John's so talented with ready-to-wear! Why can't he be the same in menswear?
Dior Homme - I didn't really expect much out of him, but Kris was a disappointment.

Where was Balenciaga? I never saw any coverage :(

^I really have no idea. They've been doing showrooms in the past, but we have still gotten pictures from them...

something tells me they're cutting back on men's runway coverage at conde nast -- just a hunch....

i still don't understand how they haven't posted the gianfranco ferre men's show -- it's not like they weren't there!

And what about Stephan Schneider? He was on the schedule for the first day of Paris wasn't he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bybeasilva
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->