Patent bags and bags w/patent trim

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
I have decided that i ADORE patent leather bags and bags with patent trim.

There are quite a few of them out there right now.
One of the reasons they are so great is that they can go from day- to - night with ease...

**patent leather is always chic and very easy to care for (just wipe it down once in awhile)...

i found some beauties...
if you see any- please feel free to share in this thread...
:flower::flower::flower:

this one is marni fw06 from browns.com
:heart:...
love the NUDE patent!!!!

Attachments

• marni patent bag.jpg
    marni patent bag.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 9
  • marni patent side vw.jpg
    marni patent side vw.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 5
lanvin linda bag...barneys.com

:heart:...
i think this one is GORGEOUS...!!
i actually LOVE the mixed textures....

Attachments

• lanvin linda bag.jpg
    lanvin linda bag.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
marc jacobs stripe bag-
browns.com

Attachments

• mj stripe bag.jpg
    mj stripe bag.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5
  • mjstrip bag side.jpg
    mjstrip bag side.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 4
I have the Marc Jacobs Hudson, it's not really patent. It's somewhere between the icey leather from last fall and patent. It's really stunning though, I can't wait for fall to wear it every single day. The best color for it in my opinion is the one I have, called Chili. It's a brown with lots of burgundy shades and the stripe part is a bit darker than in the pic posted above.

I love the Marni one but the nude patent worries me, I've heard light color patents have a tendency to yellow and pick up transfers from other things too easily.

I think Guessgirl may have owned the Linda but returned it.

mundo-
is the stripe bag called hudson?..
*sorry -i don't name my bags...so i don't follow that stuff...i just go by -it's good or it's not...

do you have a pic of it in the colour you got?...
sounds yummy...
:flower:

^yup, the stripe bag is called the Hudson, sorry if that was vague.

I don't have a camera, but I've seen other girl's pics on another forum so I'll ask one of them if I can post one.

Found some pics of the Hudson in Chili on nordstrom.com. They are super misleading though, the red tones are not nearly as pronounced in real life. They're very subtle and only stand out under certain lights. The real life color looks more like the 3rd pic, the one with the model (Lyndsay Ellingson?).

The bag has 3 compartments, as you can see in the second pic. The middle section is completely open while the two outside sections have zippers. The inside is all lined in teal leather, unless you get the bag from Nordstrom, in which case you get a teal leather middle section and khaki canvas (or linen?) closed sections.

pics from nordstrom.com

Attachments

• hudson3.jpg
    hudson3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 11
  • hudson2.jpg
    hudson2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1
  • hudson1.jpg
    hudson1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2
cool!..
thanks mundo..
you're right..
it's more 'shiny' leather than super patent....
but that's what i like even more...

i LOVE wrinkled/antiqued patent...
SO rock n roll...and super sexy...

:D
thanks for posting those pics...
:flower:

the marni is so damn cute. the lanvin is very chic and understatedly sexy. the marc is a little bulky, but that burgundy color is fantastic.

softgrey said:
i LOVE wrinkled/antiqued patent...
SO rock n roll...and super sexy...
I love it too! Ive been trying to distress/wrinkle my patent loafers for ages, they won't dammit!

softgrey, great idea for a thread :woot:. I love patent bags and am so glad so many designers decided to jump on the patent bandwagon and design some great bags in this leather. I only have one patent bag "at the moment", it's a chanel classic flap bag, but I'm really liking Choo's burgandy Ramona :heart:. I'm attaching a pics of my chanel:

Attachments

• blackpatent1.jpg
    blackpatent1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 8
  • blackpatent2.jpg
    blackpatent2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 3
oh!:doh:
i swear..i've had this faint memory of reading an article or a review where they described a sheepskin bag with patent leather handles, or something of that sort..
i thought (still think) it was the coolest combination ever.
does anyone know what i'm talking about?

soft, I had the slightly larger version of the linda lanvin bag, it was called the leatitia. I had it in the tan leather with navy patent combo. I liked it, but didnt LOVE it, something just didnt click. It was quite small, I had to carefully arrange my makeup bag, wallet and cell to make the best use of space and the bag still popped open sometimes which really bugged me.The leather was kind of lcking as well, nothing like the kansas leather.

I do also really love patent bags though :heart:

I love this Lanvin hero bag in patent leather..:blush::heart:

I'm looking for it in noral vintage leather though, as I think patent bags are fall-only bags, they tend to look a bit gaudy in summer.

I'm also after the bigger version, I don't like small and dainty bags.

ebay

Attachments

• lanvin_1651.jpg
    lanvin_1651.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 10
I'm looking for a big patent holdall.......... like a big bag that you clutch.....not a tote. I love that scrunched up, beaten up patent look too....I seem to have many many pairs of patent shoes but have trouble finding the bags
Will keep checking this thread out for inspiration!

pucci_mama said:
I love this Lanvin hero bag in patent leather..:blush::heart:

I'm looking for it in noral vintage leather though, as I think patent bags are fall-only bags, they tend to look a bit gaudy in summer.

I'm also after the bigger version, I don't like small and dainty bags.

ebay
it's GORGEOUS!!!..:heart::heart::heart:
i love that you could also tuck it under your arm if you didn't want to ruin the silhouette of a top with shoulder detail (which is another issue i have...^_^ )

funny- that is an old 'rule' about patent being for winter...
some people still def follow it though....
sort of like no white shoes after labour day...
:P...

Yes... I just think in the middle of summer, the sun is shining right on a big patent bag.. it just feels a bit wrong for me..this is a personal preference though. :wink:

On the other side I love using my black patent shoes with a crisp white dress in summer. :D

red patent seems like it would be really nice in the summer to me...
very bright and fun...:P

pucci, love that bag :heart: post pics when you get it!

on the topic of red patent, my only patent bag is red and I've been carrying it on the summer, I dont mind it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
us4848
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->