Person of interest

newprincesita

Reaction score
I gave it I try and I kinda like it. Shows need a little patience in the beggining, I know. Now the plot is thickening somehow (with side stories and flashbacks), I hope they can keep it growing.

Jim Caviezel is super handsome, and I never get tired of Michael Emerson. Love him, love his voice, his super odd stare.

I was a harcore LOST fan but they really disapointed me with the last season and specially with the inexplicable and soggy finale (aaaaagggggghhh). Don´t get me started.

But I still watch FRINGE and now I am gonna have a little faith in JJ Abrams about this one show.

Anybody else watching??

I saw 2 episodes but I stopped watching. It just didn't work for me.

Person of Interest is an American television crime drama broadcasting on CBS. It is based on a screenplay developed by J. J. Abrams and Jonathan Nolan. The series revolves around a former CIA agent (Jim Caviezel) recruited by a mysterious billionaire (Michael Emerson) to prevent violent crimes in New York City. On March 14, 2012, CBS announced that the series had been renewed for a second season

Plot
John Reese (Jim Caviezel), a former Green Beret and CIA field officer, is living as a derelict in New York City after an unspecified incident, and is presumed dead. He is approached by Harold Finch (Michael Emerson), a reclusive billionaire computer genius who is living under an assumed identity. Finch explains that after 9/11, he built a computer system for the government which uses information gleaned from omnipresent surveillance to predict future terrorist attacks. Finch discovers that the computer was predicting ordinary crimes as well. While the government was not interested in these results, Finch is determined to find a way to stop the predicted crimes. He hires Reese to conduct surveillance and intervene as needed, using his repertoire of skills gained in the military and CIA. Through a back door built into the system, Finch receives a social security number for someone who will be involved in an imminent crime, at which time he contacts Reese. Without knowing what the crime will be, when it will occur, or even if the person they're after is a victim or perpetrator, Reese and Finch must try to stop the crime from occurring. They are helped by NYPD Detectives Lionel Fusco (Kevin Chapman), a corrupt cop whom Reese coerces into helping them, and Joss Carter (Taraji P. Henson) who had originally been investigating Reese for his vigilante activities. Although Carter and Fusco are partners in the NYPD, and for a time, neither was aware that the other is working with Finch and Reese.

A major subplot concerns "HR", an organization of corrupt NYPD cops in league with a budding mob boss, Carl Elias. Led by several high-ranking officers, the members of HR work with Elias to return New York to the old order, when the mob and police worked together. Elias, on the other hand, is merely using HR as a means to regain complete control of New York's organized crime. Despite his desire to be seen as a good cop, Fusco must appear to be in league with HR, which allows Reese to keep tabs on the activities of both HR and Elias.

Characters
John Reese (Jim Caviezel:( A former U.S. Army Special Forces soldier and CIA field officer, who is presumed dead. Little is known about Reese's background, and his name is believed to be one of several alias he uses. He lost his lover, Jessica, at some time prior to his having met Finch which appears to have marked him deeply. Reese demonstrates skill in the use of a range of weapons, hand-to-hand combat and surveillance tactics. He knows very little about Finch and is rebuffed when he attempts to learn more about him.
Harold Finch (Michael Emerson:( A reclusive, intensely private billionaire software genius. Finch developed a machine that can isolate the social security numbers of people with either premeditated homicidal intent or who will be homicide victims, based on its analysis of surveillance data. Following a traumatic event in his own life that led to the death of his business partner, he recruits Reese to help him deal with the people the machine identifies. Finch lives and works in an abandoned library, and shows the results of severe physical injuries, including the inability to turn his head, rigid posture, and a limp.
Detective Joss Carter (Taraji P. Henson:( A NYPD detective and a single mother with a teenaged son, Taylor. Carter is a former U.S. Army interrogator who passed the bar in 2004, but gave up practicing the law to return to police work. Carter first crosses paths with Reese following his encounter with a group of young men on a New York subway, but knew him principally as a mysterious man in a suit. Carter is initially determined to apprehend Reese, but eventually forms an alliance with him and Finch. She is still unaware of the Machine's existence, and believes Fusco is a mole inside HR.
Detective Lionel Fusco (Kevin Chapman:( A corrupt cop Reese blackmails into being a source inside the police department. Finch later arranges for Fusco to be transferred so that he works with Carter. Over time, Fusco becomes increasingly loyal to Finch and Reese. He is unaware that Carter also works with Finch and Reese.

Recurring characters
Jessica Arndt (Susan Misner:( Reese's deceased lover. When Jessica and Reese's relationship ends, she marries another man, but remains in contact with Reese.
Nathan Ingram (Brett Cullen:( Finch's deceased collaborator on the Machine, who died under unknown circumstances. Ingram acted as the interface between the government and their company while the Machine was under development.
Alicia Corwin (Elizabeth Marvel:( A liaison between Ingram and the government while the machine was being developed, living hidden in a small town after Ingram's death. A former member of the National Security Council.
Zoe Morgan (Paige Turco:( A fixer who specializes in crisis management. Finch and Reese first meet her as a person of interest; later she works with them on cases that require her skills. She has an ill-disguised interest in Reese.
Special Agent Donnelly: (Brennan Brown:( An FBI agent who becomes interested in Reese when his case crosses one of Reese's. He periodically offers Carter the opportunity to work with him as he pursues Reese.
Carl Elias (Enrico Colantoni:( A nascent crime boss and the illegitimate son of Mafia don Gianni Moretti. Elias is determined to revive the crime families of New York and to eliminate the Russian mob, with the assistance of elements of the NYPD. He later takes down the Mafia dons and is arrested later in the season. After his incarceration he makes a phone call to his father detonating the car he contacted him in. He first meets Reese while masquerading as a high school teacher under threat in Brighton Beach.
Scarfaced Cop (David Valcin:( An unnamed NYPD uniformed officer who works as Elias' principal enforcer. He is easily identifiable by a large scar on his right cheek.
Officer Simmons (Robert John Burke:( A uniformed officer who is connected to "HR"; he periodically meets with Fusco.
Captain Lynch (Michael Mulheren:( A major figure in "HR" and with whom Fusco must appear to be working.
Mark Snow (Michael Kelly:( A CIA operative who once worked with Reese and is now trying to find and kill him.
Tyrell Evans (Darien Sills-Evans:( A CIA agent working with Snow.
Kara Stanton (Annie Parisse:( Reese's former CIA partner, widely believed to be dead.

via wiki

This show is kinda meh but I love Michael Emerson. Is a second season planned?

yes its had been renewed for a 2nd season, it was VERY good, but have to watch every epi to see how its going to play out, the season finale was EPICALLY good

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonb199
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->