Prada F/W 08.09 : Linda Evangelista & Patrick Petitjean by Steven Meisel

I feel really ashamed to say but I'd rather another season with Sasha than this cr*p.

I mean, at least Sasha would bring some kind of fierceness. Linda just looks wrong. In some shots she looks almost suprised to be there :lol:

Also. I think the marketing strategy is all wrong. The clothes are matronly and mature. They should have tried to imbue the campaigns with a youthful energy so that the under 30's market would feel inclined to buy these pieces and make them modern.

Its all so wrong!!! I want to cry! :lol: :innocent:

I have to say I can't imagine a young woman wearing these Prada pieces :ninja:
Some things look very "granny style" and I can imagine only Tilda Swilson(or something like that)wearing this collection
From this point of view maybe Linda is not so wrong...all the old-botoxed-frustrated-alien woman can identify with her!!!:rofl:
Sasha is too yound and fierce for the collection...I suppose :ninja:
Ads would be much better with some Britney style:they could put Sasha in a church confessing with the priest...and then they start to flirt together...maybe it's a bit blasphemous but surely impressive :ninja: :rofl:

it's the worst prada's campaign i've ever seen. please...bring us another sasha!

^ possible.

I didn't like this at first, but when I saw it in Vogue UK August 08 it has grown on me.

*Scanned by me from Lucky August 2008 and Details August 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
The eye wear ad looks better in print, I have to admit. I actually like it after seeing it in person in 'Lucky.'

But that still doesn't appease me though :(

thanks for the latest scans :smile:

There is a new Prada shot in the new Elle issue with Mariah on the cover. Sadly, I'm without a scanner.

MiuMiu updated their site yesterday so Prada should update theirs soon.

They'll probably post the entire campaign! Keep a look out! :wink:

yeah. Linda is shining in there but it seems prada failed in everything this season.

please bring back sasha pivovarova for prada! she is the ultimate prada girl and nobody can pull the ad whoever it was.

I know linda evangelista is considered "supermodel" but we all know that sasha pivovarova would be better and PERFECT for this campaign!

The only reason I accept Linda in this campaign now is because the collection is suited for the older woman (the lace, etc) so it's better to have an established super model represent the brand now. I miss Sasha a LOT and she always did Prada the justice it deserves. This campaign is not my favourite but I think they chose the right model to represent said collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->