Prada & Miu Miu Resort 2007

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:huh:
from safe to experimental and back again...
here comes Prada & MiuMiu resort 06.07

...Meanwhile, Miuccia Prada was in an experimental mode at Prada, tweaking such classics as the trenchcoat, tuxedo and down jacket. At Miu Miu, she counterbalanced the girly with the sportif: Precious silks were mixed with cotton jersey and ruffles and sequins were tempered by leggings and Ts.

both looks from Prada resort 06.07 and in my eyes highly dissapointing..

060106_2p.jpg

060106_7p.jpg

Photo: Stephane Feugere
credited to wwd.com

miumiu resort 06.07

060106_6p.jpg

060106_5p.jpg

060106_3p.jpg

:cry:
the only thing i could 'pass' is the last red dress, but not worn with this hiddeous 80s belt..
i seriously hope Miuccia is letting those pics out in order to mislead the coppiers, or else she has seriously lost it..

the leggins are already so banal and her proportions seem all wrong

its kinda hot but im not amazed by it i agree the yellow dress is cute!

^ agreed, it looks plain horrible
i mean ..
cotton jersey and ruffles and sequins were tempered by leggings and Ts.
this is the Miuccia/TopShop collaboration already, mercy me

i'm so dissapointed by all the 06.07 resort looks so far :doh:

i like the first look from prada and the miu miu clutch in the first picture! gorgeous!

susie and Lena, I totally agree about the TopShop/High Street feel...

:ninja:

:o Oh dear it is horribly high st, the yellow dress is even the atlantic clothing/primark end of the high st. In fact, I'm sure Peacocks has a few dresses at the moment in like it. The 1st dress in the 3rd post is also the uniform of a couple of girls I know who are laughably convinced their "fashionable/edgy".

I like the red dress, and the bags, especially the large one/tote in the second pic with the yellow dress.

The leggings...........oh god the leggings. Im so sick of seeing those, and especially these............they don't even fit the model.

None of it looks like Miuccia at all, it's a little scary to be honest.

I do like that that red dress however (sans the safety belt)

I really don't think it is that bad. It is a cruise collection mind you, I imagine this all being quite nice to wear while on summer holiday. And I really enjoy that first look posted from Prada.

^^ I agree. Those platform sandals are aweful though, imo

(in the last 2 pics)

As others have said, other than the red dress, any of these looks (but especially the Prada) could come straight out of racks of any middle of the road department store. Granted, some of the detailing and the fabrics are probably better than that, but if I saw someone passing on the street in these outfits I'd forget about them before the end of the block.

i love the first look. very gianni versace 1991.

it certainly looks easy to wear, but the design isn't as interesting as her designs for the regular labels. it's too bad because reading the description in the first post, i was hoping it would actually be more "experimental." i do like the print on the red dress... hope to see a closeup :o

what is the "resort" collection supposed to be for?
is it only one collection each year?

Are resort collections typically noticeably less creative than the normal collections? I mean, it would make sense if they were designed to get sales to pick up between the show seasons and all the excitement they generate.

Anybody know about this?

I also agree about the "high street" feel for most of the looks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->