Prada S/S 2024 by Willy Vanderperre

ChicSaks

Reaction score
PRADA_WOMENS-SS24-CAMPAIGN.jpg

PRADA_MENS-SS24-CAMPAIGN_01-edited.jpg

wwd

It’s exhausting how every brand now has to have a million models in every campaign. They have to make sure every box is ticked. But when you aim to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

Prada is unfortunately such a shell of its former self. It’s all puffed up intellectualism now. There’s no allure at the brand anymore.

boring collection, boring campaign. pure math!

I love that is very clean. And Harris Dickinson :heart:
I wonder how these will actually look in print...

I miss the days when being in a Prada campaign meant something. I also wonder how 40 models get paid for a campaign of this scale.

There are some damn striking images, but they're really trying to cater to everyone. That makes the whole campaign boring, unimaginitive, and even a bit stupid.

Also, regarding the layout – did they really created a checkboard of colored and B&W shots? Did the art director put this together in Canva?

There really is no effort anymore.

Credits

Creative Direction: Ferdinando Verderi
Photographer: Willy Vanderperre
. Women’s Spring Summer 2024 Campaign Cast: Ajah Angau, Mica Argaranaz, Loli Bahia, Lexi Boling, Jolien Bosman, Oninyechi Chijoke, Sora Choi, Rejoice Chuol, Elise Crombez, Anica Cuca, Sanja Dalecka, Mathilde Denard, Dominika, Lina Emelianova, Farah, Selena Forrest, Elen Giunio, Nastya Honchrova, Du Juan, Qin Lei, Julia Meseguer, Amanda Murphy, Julia Nobis, Ornella, Lila Pankova, Romi Peled, Eliza Petersen, Sascha Rajasalu, Laura Reyes, Alyosia Salamatina, Diana Skowron, Penelope Ternes, Denyse Tumukunde, Ilya Vermeulen, Freya Vervaet, Nikki Vrekic, Rianne Von Rompaey, Liu Wen, Anok Yai, Lina Zhang
. Men’s Spring Summer 2024 Campaign Cast: Harris Dickinson, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Troye Sivan

I love portraits and the portraits shown here look good. I like how minimal and effortless they are. I have enjoyed a few of Vanderperre's Prada ad campaigns in the past. However, I hope that each portrait in the new ad campaign is presented by itself in the double-page spread.

Last edited:
theimpression.com

Prada Creative Directors | Miuccia Prada and Raf Simons
Creative Director | Ferdinando Verderi
Photographer | Willy Vanderperre
Talent for Women’s Campaign | Ajah Angau, Mica Argaranaz, Loli Bahia, Lexi Boling, Jolien Bosman, Oninyechi Chijoke, Sora Choi, Rejoice Chuol, Elise Crombez, Anica Cuca, Sanja Dalecka, Mathilde Denard, Dominika, Lina Emelianova, Farah, Selena Forrest, Elen Giunio, Nastya Honchrova Du Juan, Qin Lei, Julia Meseguer, Amanda Murphy, Julia Nobis, Ornella, Lila Pankova, Romi Peled, Eliza Petersen, Sascha Rajasalu, Laura Reyes, Alyosia Salamatina, Diana Skowron, Penelope Ternes, Denyse Tumukunde, Ilya Vermeulen, Freya Vervaet, Nikki Vrekic, Rianne Von Rompaey, Liu Wen, Anok Yai, Lina Zhang
Talent for Men’s Campaign | Harris Dickinson, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Troye Sivan

Damn, so disappointing. I was looking forward to a good campaign for this collection, considering the runway presentation and clothes themselves were actually quite interesting. The shows had the sci-fi and thriller soundtrack, why couldn't they have taken it in that direction? The photos themselves aren't bad for Willy Vanderperre but it's just the lack of effort in everything else. The womenswear one looks like it was done backstage of the show; the models are all in the looks they wore for the show, a way to cut costs I guess.

At least the menswear one looks like it was photographed a different day from the menswear presentation. Harris's photo is the best and he makes the most sense as a Prada man tbh.

Last edited:
Some names of the female cast are legendary! Remember the days when the Prada cast only has 3 girls, a bit more or a bit less. Of course the woke agenda changed fashion and pushed to this big groups shoots. I don't find it bad at all the diversity, but most of the times goes out of control when it's so crowded and the creativity goes to hell.

Some names of the female cast are legendary! Remember the days when the Prada cast only has 3 girls, a bit more or a bit less. Of course the woke agenda changed fashion and pushed to this big groups shoots. I don't find it bad at all the diversity, but most of the times goes out of control when it's so crowded and the creativity goes to hell.
There’s diversity when brands have 3/4 people representing different ethnic groups. With 40 people that are more of the same archetypes of their ethnicity, it’s another case of that boring over-intellectualization of Prada.

Linda Evangelista would have been appreciated really as an OG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->