• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Prada Osservatorio Resort 2018 by Willy Vanderperre

apple

Reaction score
Osservatorio
Handmade versus machine-made. Fictional versus real. All adjectives that describe the new Prada Resort 18 collection. This play of opposites also serves as inspiration to Osservatorio – a series of portraits of this season’s delicate yet strong heroines, captured in and out of context by photographer Willy Vanderperre in another iteration of 365, Prada’s visual stream.

Photographer: Willy Vanderperre
Models: Kris Grikaite, Faretta, He Cong, Imari Karanja, Robert Parker, Femke Huijzer

prada.com

I thought this was another special project but the agencies of the models shared it writing it was a campaign. I think they will do another campaign too, Prada has been doing it lately (See Prada Nonconformists FW2017, it is not the only campaign for FW17, I don't know when the other will be out, probably with the rest of the campaigns for the season). I don't understand the need of doing different campaigns for one collection, it's so confusing and unnecessary!

Agencies will ALWAYS credit something as a campaign though, cause it makes their girls look more prestigious. Nevertheless, this is indeed a prestigious "project".

Lol, the girl in the second to last picture is called Louise Robert. Prada had her as Louise Parker first but that's a different model and clearly changed the wrong part of the name now.

Lol, the girl in the second to last picture is called Louise Robert. Prada had her as Louise Parker first but that's a different model and clearly changed the wrong part of the name now.
:lol::lol:

Where are Femke's shot?

Is Prada having a contest with CK to see who can release the most campaigns in a year?

Wouldn't Willy Vanderperre be the real winner in that situation?

365 days of campaigns for two mega brands shot by him.

I don't get why they give this weird names to campaigns... So confusing.

So many campaigns.. all of them boring and look the same.

I think the campaign is beautiful. Great shot for each character. Brand has to come up with a new way to entice customers. No longer is the day when a brand can have just two collections - spring/summer and fall/winter, same for campaigns, customers in this digital age get bored easily, they don't want to see same images at the store front all the time. To stay in the conversation, a brand has to come up with new angles to give the existing collection a different perspective.

Are the photos really tiny for everyone else? (after opening them)

I think the campaign is beautiful. Great shot for each character. Brand has to come up with a new way to entice customers. No longer is the day when a brand can have just two collections - spring/summer and fall/winter, same for campaigns, customers in this digital age get bored easily, they don't want to see same images at the store front all the time. To stay in the conversation, a brand has to come up with new angles to give the existing collection a different perspective.

It's far too easy to jump on the hate bandwagon without a proper understanding of Prada's intent. But apparently some people either refuse to understand or they simply lack the ability to. You have to remember that not everyone has a comprehensive knowledge of fashion.They're marketing themselves towards the masses with beautiful pictures of their products. It's smart that they're reaching out to different people with their campaigns. If it works for them I expect the concept to catch on with other brands as well. Chanel and Fendi would benefit from a new advertising angle as well. We all know how stale Karl has become. Only time will tell if their risk will reap any benefits!

But having a 360 experience doesn't it dilute the message?
I've said it many times but from all the major brands, Prada stores are the ones with a smaller trafic...And in big cities.

All the big brands have 4 campaigns nowadays and to be honest, Prada jumped really late on the wagon. They did resort campaigns but it was more focused on accessories because for the longest, their economic model worked. For decades, no one cared about the fact that only a very few percentage of their collection was ending in the shops.
Prada was recognized for the creativity of Miuccia but in the shops, it was another shot: a lot of black, a lot of nylon and a lot of very boring commercial clothes.

The problem with Prada and the other big 4 is their audience. I really doubt that their business is as drive by the millenials as it is with the other brands.

Having that 360 experience is maybe great for a fashion conversation and for Instagram but it add confusion because it's the Prefall that is coming in shops.

I don't know about the angles because with Vanderperre, it's always the same beautiful but a bit cold environment of "fake intellectualism". Prada needs to warm up it image and simplify it message without loosing it essence.

So, it's a beautiful Ad but i don't get it. I just don't get Prada these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->