• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Prada Men's F/W 2018.19 by Willy Vanderperre

RaisinBoy

Reaction score
The first part of the men's FW19 360 campaign

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

An imagined reality; the fantasy of the self. The next incarnation of 365, showcasing the Prada Fall-Winter 2018 menswear collection, considers these notions - of illusion and dreams, imagination and actuality. Embodied by a new wave of Hollywood talent, the men’s collection is brought to new life within the enclaves of the Prada Fall-Winter 2018 Men’s Show, a fantastical ‘Prada Warehouse’, a space that can be inhabited but is nevertheless a chimera, a mirage.

This warehouse is populated with identities - ambiguous and enticing boxes and crates, demarcated with symbols drawn from Prada collections past – that speak of the multiplicities of interpretations. Comprising a trio of young actors - Joe Alwyn, Nick Robinson and Algee Smith - alongside actor and director Paul Dano, these protagonists discover both Prada’s multifaceted identity, and their own.

Exploring dual roles, of the actors themselves and of the characters they evoke within these make-believe surroundings, the campaign juxtaposes imagery of the actors inside the ‘Prada Warehouse’ with a series of monochrome portraits, all photographed by Willy Vanderperre. Investigating concepts of uniformity and individuality, the distinct personalities of each of these four protagonists shines through, bringing truth to illusion.

Photography and film by Willy Vanderperre
Actors: Joe Alwyn, Paul Dano, Nick Robinson, Algee Smith

source: prada.com

I must say I quite like this, but the photoshop on Paul Dano's face is too much. Also, I have no idea what the text has to do with the images.

Edit: I wonder if they'll add another logo on the images...

Last edited by a moderator:
what happened to Paul Dano face? What the actual ****? I'm quite fond of the images. There are some dynamics going on.

Also agree with everyone, I never read Prada text at this point. Their press release is also pretentious and try-hard to be intelligent when, well, they hired one of the most boring photographers to shoot it.

The first boy looks a little funny. :cry: I bet he can look better than that. They just picked the wrong picture :cry: I like the rest :heart:

It's all so boring and pretentious.

Paul Dano is sort of odd looking, but that pic breaks new boundaries of bad photoshop. He's such a great actor and deserved better.
The rest of this whoever cast, is as disposable as this campaign.

I like it sans Paul Dano's shot. Never liked the way he looks.

Great lighting in the other pics.

That logo on those ties is so tacky!
Seriously, I must applaud them because doing 365 thing with that boring collection deserve some sort of accolades.

Algee is cute, he looks like a shy teenager.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul Dano’s face always looks like it’s made of silly putty.

Boring, looks like any other Prada ad by Vanderperre.

Also zeroed in on those awful ties, Lola!

Such an all-new low for this brand. Clearly marketed towards the twees/teens since the shots look like pics in a high school yearbook of the blandest-looking students… :sigh:

The dumbing down of high fashion continues in full force come autumn. Who would’ve thought that this brand of crass logo-on-everything that’s the signature of knock-offs— is now not only a plague in the mainline collections, but prominently featured in the campaigns. sigh sigh sigh

I like the closeups, however I’m burned out on this set. They already shot here with Pre-Fall and now again with the menswear is just too much. The lack of creativity with the campaigns is leaving me speechless. How lazy are they to shoot the clothes right off the runway on the same set. They could have created something very dramatic and dystopian with this collection. Instead we got an elevated look book. They should let whoever wrote the text come up with ideas for the set. Clearly they have at least one creative person on their team.

Yearbook? More like a series of inane 'Employee of the Month' shots from a factory which employs teen labour.
This is probably the most thematic Prada campaign under Willy yet it's still so tepid. The guy is truly a lost cause.
And the clothes look way too costumey. She went overboard with the elements.

Too ascetic and awful, Willy really got bored quickly of Prada

Eyewear:

UK GQ September 2018 Digital Edition

Meh. They had a good thing going with Clement's eyewear shots for Linea Rossa.

And I swear we get the same press release about 'imagined reality' every season.

Terrible haircut makes him look like a mannequin

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->