Prada Sample Sale

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 17 2004, 05:56 PM
i KNEW it...figures...complete waste of time...i'm not going...
[snapback]336144[/snapback]​

Well.. I was also there last year.. what was funny was the earliest appointment I could go in was a week after their sale. That very day went 70% off.. which is pretty great. I picked up 4 pants, 1 wallet, few underwear, one swimwear, keychain for like $350. Not bad I thought

My friend got this Miu Miu leather jacket for $75. It was like $5000. He totally love it..... well. he is the one who could fit in.. I can't even fit it in..

Overall.. I think that men definitely have more left over than women.. although women has much more variety.. not much shoes left nor accessories.. but I also agree that a lot of junk there.. which ACTUALLY really turned me off on Prada. :angry:

I used to be a loyal fan, but seen what junks out there and they still willing to sell it at sample sale(because they think that can't ruin their reputation, WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!) kind of disgusted me... Thinking that I used to be willing to pay $350 for a pair of pants and I can get it for $50 at sample sale... ugh.. :sick:

Not only that.. Prada is a billion(did I say BILLION???!!!! go check the Forbes wealthies 500 billionare, she is ranked 50 or something!!!) dollar money generating machine and they still suck every penny out of people kind of ughs me... I mean I am still a sucker for that red Prada sport tag.. but it really makes me think twice about who I want to give my money to!!!

Just a thought!!! :blush:

Originally posted by ionn24@Aug 17 2004, 09:10 PM
Well.. I was also there last year.. what was funny was the earliest appointment I could go in was a week after their sale. That very day went 70% off.. which is pretty great. I picked up 4 pants, 1 wallet, few underwear, one swimwear, keychain for like $350. Not bad I thought

My friend got this Miu Miu leather jacket for $75. It was like $5000. He totally love it..... well. he is the one who could fit in.. I can't even fit it in..

Overall.. I think that men definitely have more left over than women.. although women has much more variety.. not much shoes left nor accessories.. but I also agree that a lot of junk there.. which ACTUALLY really turned me off on Prada. :angry:

I used to be a loyal fan, but seen what junks out there and they still willing to sell it at sample sale(because they think that can't ruin their reputation, WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!) kind of disgusted me... Thinking that I used to be willing to pay $350 for a pair of pants and I can get it for $50 at sample sale... ugh.. :sick:

Not only that.. Prada is a billion(did I say BILLION???!!!! go check the Forbes wealthies 500 billionare, she is ranked 50 or something!!!) dollar money generating machine and they still suck every penny out of people kind of ughs me... I mean I am still a sucker for that red Prada sport tag.. but it really makes me think twice about who I want to give my money to!!!

Just a thought!!! :blush:
[snapback]336479[/snapback]​

Prada's quality is simply subpar. It's a big conglomerate, they are all about the money, cutting costs, maximizing profit margin. A big part of their rift with Jil Sander was over quality of fabrics, which Jil Sander is known for and wouldn't compromise. Helmut Lang's quality is not the best either.

I just came back from the sale.

I didn't purchase anything.

The mens shoe rack was very limited, mainly size 9s left. Hardly any Miu Mius, which was my hope. There were about 4 racks of women's shoes, and I gave it a cursory glance and didn't see anything that was really that special. I noticed a pair of croc sandals for $800, and some boots here and there, but the pickings were defintely slim.

As for mens clothing, they still had few racks left. Mainly thick wool pants from the fall collection and I saw one of the spring argyle sweaters. Nice, but not for $325. Some suits as well. A decent selection of Miu Miu shirts. They had a mens white leather jacket which was interesting, but at $8000, I could see why it was still on the rack. Sorry, I didn't really sort through the womens clothing (which is the biggest section). I saw a few of the womens jackets as well, not too bad, but nothing to be spending over $1000 on.

Hardly any handbags left. Sorry ladies. Shelf after shelf was empty. They did have a bunch of these pouch type bags....looked like it was pretty inexpensive in a variety of pastel colors (green, pink and yellow). They did have one of the mens suede carryall bags (the one's that had the umbrella) from fall. It was $681.

The cheapest thing was some sort of womens legwarmer/trouser type item? At first I thought it was a scarf, but there were tons of these in the $25 bin.

I wouldn't say it was complete junk but the pricepoints were just too high for my tastes. Plus, I just can't see the great appeal of Prada clothing...maybe that's just me though.

I actually think those of you who have an appointment next week should keep your appt and go, that's when they take more drastic markdowns.

thanks theory...that's great of you to give us the scoop...much appreciated...

Originally posted by faust@Aug 18 2004, 11:36 AM
Prada's quality is simply subpar.  It's a big conglomerate, they are all about the money, cutting costs, maximizing profit margin.  A big part of their rift with Jil Sander was over quality of fabrics, which Jil Sander is known for and wouldn't compromise.  Helmut Lang's quality is not the best either.
[snapback]337198[/snapback]​

Blame Patrizio Bertelli for that. The Jil Sander store in San Francisco, and South Coast closed.

The Jil Sander in S.F. used to be one of the most exclusive shops.

That makes Jil Sander a hero in my eye.

Originally posted by Incroyable@Aug 18 2004, 08:29 PM
Blame Patrizio Bertelli for that. The Jil Sander store in San Francisco, and South Coast closed.

The Jil Sander in S.F. used to be one of the most exclusive shops.

That makes Jil Sander a hero in my eye.
[snapback]337835[/snapback]​

Are you sure?! I was in SF 3 months ago, it was still there (in that little alley by Union Square). Unless it was just the store sign, I didn't look close enough.

Originally posted by faust@Aug 19 2004, 10:46 AM
Are you sure?! I was in SF 3 months ago, it was still there (in that little alley by Union Square). Unless it was just the store sign, I didn't look close enough.
[snapback]338472[/snapback]​
No, it's closed now. I think only the sign is there. It's in Maiden Lane where Chanel, YSL, and a cafe are. The store next door is now the Marc Jacobs.

Jil Sander store

Originally posted by Incroyable@Aug 19 2004, 02:58 PM
No, it's closed now. I think only the sign is there. It's in Maiden Lane where Chanel, YSL, and a cafe are. The store next door is now the Marc Jacobs.

Jil Sander store
[snapback]338653[/snapback]​

That's right, maiden lane, that was the name.

anyone thinking of going to the barneys sample sale...i would skip it...all the stuff from the store at the same sale price...nothing worthwhile...and the customers are more agressive than usual...

i left empty-handed...and you all know that NEVER happens...hahaha....

I thought sample sales... were SALES. weird. Or are they just supposed to have the display pieces? I'm always confused about that.

Thanks for the review Soft.
I will probably still check it out during the last week and see if anything good is left for on final markdown.
You are too kind though...aggressive is an understatement for those sorts, especially for you ladies.. :wacko:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 19 2004, 06:04 PM
anyone thinking of going to the barneys sample sale...i would skip it...all the stuff from the store at the same sale price...nothing worthwhile...and the customers are more agressive than usual...

i left empty-handed...and you all know that NEVER happens...hahaha....
[snapback]338802[/snapback]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->