Princess Diana

I love her style from what I've seen - does anybody know where to find more pictures of her outfits?

Some more...In some pictures you can see her pain, it's so sad she was trapped inside that bad marriage, when I see those pics I feel so sorry for her.

princess_diana_gallery_27.jpg
Sexy Gorgeousness :flower: Sweet Princess

princess_diana_gallery_main_5.jpg
I have a dress near identical to this. She was my Fashion icon.....:flower:

princess_diana_gallery_main_6.jpg

princess_diana_gallery_main.jpg
CREDIT: LININIMPORTS.COM PRINCESS DIANA PHOTOS via yahoo.com/photos

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Diana's with long hair, I loved this look on her, she should have kept it for a longer period of time. I think she only grew it long for about 5 months or so.

i am sorry i don't mean to be disrespectful but I thought her style was terrible....especially in the 1990's - she constantly wore big boxy jackets and hideous high waisted trousers ......

Labeladdict2 said:
Camilla may sleep in Diana's bed and wear her jewels, but she will never be anything but a Rottweiller.....
Well said! I totally agree, you can dress up compost in pretty packaging and bows but at the end of the day it's just "compost".:innocent:

I LOVED this outfit, I know it was from the 80's and it looks like it is too BUT.... I thought it looks soo cool, with the hat, ooooh haaaaa :D It has a modern edge to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a few of my favorite evening dresses.

1) Her last birthday dress, beautiful top part with the bows she looked fantastic

2) Love love love the red dress, very sexy

3) And the Revenge Dress was amazing, she sure showed Charles!

4) And finally the most amazing dress I think she has ever worn, the pearl dress. It's just plain STUNNING!!:flower:

My views about Diana become more cynical by the year... Her clothes were just 'blah', generic 90s trash. Charles 'the knees' Windsor is the only royal with style.

Ashcottmanor said:
I LOVED this outfit, I know it was from the 80's and it looks like it is too BUT.... I thought it looks soo cool, with the hat, ooooh haaaaa :D It has a modern edge to it.
I adore that whole look aswell^_^ the hat&clutch;just fabulous! :wub:

I know. She did have some bad outfits but I looooove the blue and white outfit, especially the hat. The turban/flat saucer look seemed so cutting edge and modern to me. I don't know why, I just like it :smile:

Thanks for all the pictures!
I love her style because I look at a lot of the outfits and think they don't look outdated at all.

Her style was timeless. Maybe the shoulderpads, but hey it WAS the 80s... Diana didn't follow trends. She was the trend.

There is currently an exhibit of some of her belongings in the United States.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/travel/story.html?id=62042569-11e0-4f6e-8e80-d4cf4df18dc6&k=51960

Diana's brother visits exhibit of his sister's gowns on display in U.S.
Canadian Press
Published: Tuesday, March 20, 2007
CLEVELAND (AP) - The brother of Diana, Princess of Wales, visited a much-travelled display of her gowns, jewels and other personal items Monday and said he was impressed by the scope of the exhibit.
Charles, the ninth Earl Spencer, helped organize the 3½-month exhibit that continues through June 10 at the Western Reserve Historical Society.
It includes 28 dresses, suits and gowns, two diamond tiaras and home movies.
The exhibit has travelled to Toronto, Fort Lauderdale and St. Petersburg, Fla., Houston and Dayton, Ohio. While exhibited at the Spencer family estate, Althorp, it generated about US$2 million for charities supported by the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund.
Spencer said he was impressed with the oversized glass display case that allowed Diana's wedding dress and 7½-metre train to be shown off to maximum effect.
"I have to say it's shown off fantastically here," he said.
Americans made a connection with Diana during the live telecast of her wedding to Prince Charles, Spencer said.
"I think a lot of Americans, their first real connection with Diana was on her wedding day in 1981 when a lot of you got up very, very early and watched that wedding live from London," he told WEWS-TV in an interview from the exhibit.

Here is a huge example of why I believe Lady Diana is one of the most definitive women of the 20th century. Her work was truly her most successful style. In an age of tabloid bimbos who will remain unmentioned here, it is Princess Diana who will shine for many, many years to come, for all the right reasons. Elegant, lovely, kind, generous, brave, and always so poised. These are qualities worth striving for in our lives. Is there anyone like her these days? I'm wracking my brain to think of one living woman in the public eye today whom I would wish to emulate... Diana will always be heads above the rest.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006802085

March 20, 2007 3:17 p.m. EST
Shaveta Bansal - All Headline News Staff Writer

London, England (BANG) - The cluster bomb - which Britain's late Prince Diana campaigned against so passionately - is to be outlawed. The Princess of Wales fought for the deadly unguided cluster bomb to be banned because of its history of killing children caught up in war zones.

On Friday, the British government announced the cluster bomb is to be scrapped with immediate effect.

Since Diana's death in 1997, the charity set up in her name - the Diana, princess of Wales Memorial Fund - has continued her crusade and today is seen as a victory to her memory.

The ban is one of the rare occasions in which a military decision has been made for political reasons.

Defense Secretary Des Browne says that his decision was taken on humanitarian grounds.

Cluster bombs work by scattering hundreds of mini-bombs over a wide area. Many fail to detonate and pose a lethal threat to civilians, particularly children. Young people playing in war zones where the deadly weapon has been used have lost limbs or their lives, often years after the conflicts have ended.

The princess traveled to these countries to visit the victims of unexploded cluster bombs and campaigned to help them, and ban the use of the bombs.

As of today British military commanders will no longer be able to drop cluster bombs in conflict areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->