Questionable Designer Accessories... Why Did They Decide to Put Their Logo on This?

^Chanel do a wide variety of bizarre sports equipment, i find it really strange to be honest.

I feel like its taking away from the allure of the brand of Chanel, when you think fashion, luxury, Paris, Coco Chanel, exquisite, HC, high end... etc you can't fit in odd sports gear & other weird things in there :blink:

It's not really surprising really. Karl seems like he has pretty much used up his creative reservoirs and instead of selling the clothes, he is not stuck with selling the 'lifestyle'. Why do you think his shows are always themed with silly settings? There are exceptions of course, like the Bombay collection, which was truly a testimony of Chanel's creative legacy. But I generally miss Chanel pre- Fall 06, when it was just about fantastic clothes, drop dead gorgeous styling and Parisian sophistication.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep seeing things and forgetting to post them here. Magnify things in style with the Maison Martin Margiela magnifying glass:

s320x320

pic: antonioli.eu

Some of Margiela's accessories are....bizarre.

And even if I was rich I would never buy a €105 coffee cup sleeve :rolleyes:

lol bike lock...the sad thing is that there are people out there who will this far to make sure that everything they own is 'branded' :rolleyes:
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like the ashtray and the lighter. Both aren't that far out as many brands and houses have same products (supreme, thehundreds). The Alexander tray is clean though not spectacular.

This thread is so hilarious! :lol:

Some designers can't really stick to what they know best. After all, product expansion means more money. :ninja:

Hope Christian Lacroix did the same. Did he? :P

^ Well Lacroix resorted to furniture and stationery when his own fashion house went under. So it's a little different.

Lanvin have also done it with Stationary, Notebooks, Playing Cards, Figurines & Paperweights, it's not at all surprising, but some of it is laughable, I mean I know what I would want to buy from Lanvin, a pair of £309 sneakers ? or £290 paperweight ? I think the answer is obvious :rolleyes:.

^Oh I know, but they were first in production in the 80's... and I believe they have only produced the cigarettes now in China and Russia ?

But believe it or not there are also Cartier cigarettes, which are produced on License from Cartier.

^ Oh thats interesting. What's disturbing is the thought that some people would start smoking just so that they can appear "fashionable".

That would be so pathetic and a faux pas especially for someone who only earns in average and brags smoking YSL or any other designer cigs in public. I'll surely laugh behind his/her back. :rolleyes:

For the sake of this thread, I actually did try searching if there are designer toothpaste and earbuds. :lol:

I have seen Chanel tennis rackets, balls, racket covers, snowboards,fishing rod, golf bag, sticks, balls, surfboards & bike!

^Ah well, there's worse... I was picking up something at my Hermès boutique this afternoon and saw a leather-breaded pencil for 66€ :lol: But oh well, Hermès get a free pass because they're also a lifestyle brand :smile:

I don't know about you guys but my knives are so much happier now on their Margiela knife rests! How did my dining table cope without them?! :wink:

original.jpg
original.jpg

pics: net-a-porter.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batman112
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->