Rebecca Minkoff Bags

Luna

offline.
Reaction score
I thought she deserved her own thread... She's a fairly new designer... and I think her Morning After bag is GREAT... I own one in the blue/brown colorway... :heart::heart::heart:

www.rebeccaminkoff.com

there's a dailycandy code to get 25% off .... enter CANDY at checkout. :wink:
(thanks to the fellow tFS'er who let us all know)

Attachments

• minkoff.JPG
    minkoff.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 39
  • myminkoff1.jpg
    myminkoff1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 58
  • myminkoff2.jpg
    myminkoff2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
Luna- beautiful bag! i love the color combination!

Here's some little info about the designer

The best designers you’ve never heard of.

In the Bag
New York City designer Rebecca Minkoff fashions luxury handbags with a hip, downtown attitude.

Name: Rebecca Minkoff
Business: Rebecca Minkoff (Rebeccaminkoff.com)

When did you become interested in fashion design?
My interest in fashion began when I was about 14 years old. I was fascinated with taking apart clothing and sewing it back together by hand or with my handheld Singer sewing machine. My earliest creation was a ’50s-inspired dress that I made when I was eight years old.

Did you pursue fashion in college or follow a different route?
I didn’t pursue design in college. I moved to New York City and interned for designer Craig Taylor, and after that, I launched my own line.

Was it difficult taking that first step?
Yes—it was scary as hell to be working on my own and for myself. But when Rebecca Minkoff sightings started to occur, I realized I was becoming successful. I began as a clothing designer, and my handbags sort of followed by mistake.

Your bags look so lush, in high-quality leathers, often with woven details and cool hardware. What led you to create these kinds of accessories?
I wanted to design bags that were classic but still had modern, eye-catching details.

And your clothing looks very sexy and body-flattering.
I trained as a dancer when I was younger, so I have a love affair with the body and the different shapes that clothing can take on it.

Your designs have been worn by some of Hollywood’s hottest stars, including Sarah Jessica Parker and Cameron Diaz. What’s it like to see celebrities wearing your designs?
It’s exciting, and of course, it’s great promotion. When celebrities wear your pieces, it makes the public aware and creates demand.

And you’re only 25 years old. What impact has your age had on your work?
Because of my age, I think I have a lot of energy and drive that impacts my designs and impresses people.

Do you have any fashion icons or role models?
Ms. Coco—I just finished reading her autobiography, and her tenacity and fortitude are really inspiring.

What do you envision for the future—both for you personally and for the brand?
Ultimately, I want to take the brand global, but lately, I’ve been concentrating on my niche and am planning to expand when the time is right.

A Rebecca Minkoff original clutch / The classic brown leather carry-all

credit: http://beautyaddictmag.com/fashionfanatic/onestowatch/minkoff.html

Attachments

• OTW_Minkoff1.gif
    OTW_Minkoff1.gif
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,083
  • OTW_Minkoff3.gif
    OTW_Minkoff3.gif
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,079
Last edited by a moderator:
^ pazza, what a wonderful article you have posted-thank you! i have to add that clutch in the left pic to my christmas want list! :woot: :blush:

^ :buzz: *MAXIMUS*!!! you've been missed! :wink: How are you?

yes, the clutch is beauty, isn't it!!!! Christmas list? :blink: That's a long time from now . . . have to come up with another holiday, or make one up :shifty:, so you can acquire it sooner! :lol: Maybe a *ahem* make-up *cough* gift from the SO {of course, you've got to initiate an argument :rolleyes: or something} . . . :lol: okay, enough :evil: ideas . . . I'm sure you've got some tricks :innocent: up your sleeve. . . :wink:

LUNA - I MUSTTT have this bag!! Thanks so much for introducing it to me! Also, I am 5,1 and very petite. I would like to use this bag to go out at night and also for during the day. Do you think I should buy the mini or the hobo instead?? Yours looks gorgeous but I dont want it to be too big???Decisions, decisions!!

Thank you for posting this! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bag - so much that I just ordered one! :D I can't wait to get it.

Vicki

the white /woven morning after bag is lovely.:heart: .But I can't get to download the other color swatches on her website..can anybody post the pics?
the restocking fees is 50%?..wow..does it mean?

anitalilac said:
the white /woven morning after bag is lovely.:heart: .But I can't get to download the other color swatches on her website..can anybody post the pics?

It's after 14 days, I think. So for two weeks you can return it and get a refund, but after that there's a 50% restocking fee. Seems pretty high.

Morning After Colors/Swatches

anitalilac said:

Anitalilac ~ below are the Morning After colors:

Pic.1 Black Pic. 2 Emerald Pic. 3 Almond
Pic. 4 Chocolate Swatch Pic. 5 Dark Chocolate Swatch

Attachments

• dark_chocolate_detail.jpg
    dark_chocolate_detail.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,018
  • chocolate_detail.jpg
    chocolate_detail.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,018
  • almond_detail.jpg
    almond_detail.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • emerald_detail.jpg
    emerald_detail.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,018
  • mrng_black.jpg
    mrng_black.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,016
Morning After Colors/Swatches Part 2

....continued....

Pic. 1 White/Brown Basket Weave Pic. 2 Royal Blue/Brown Basket Weave
Pic. 3 Royal Blue Swatch Pic. 4 Emerald Green Canvas

(credit: rebeccaminckoff.com)

Attachments

• white_bag_detail.jpg
    white_bag_detail.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,004
  • royal_basket_detail.jpg
    royal_basket_detail.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,004
  • royal_detail.jpg
    royal_detail.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 999
  • green_canvas_detail.jpg
    green_canvas_detail.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,003
Ok, now for an everyday bag I am either going to get the royal blue, emerald, or white.....not just debating on the size???? If anyone has the mini let me know how mini it is??? It doesnt seem too small from the measurements on the website??

** sorry, meant NOW (instead of not).....and after checking the website incesintly today I love ALLLLL the bags!! The hobo, the grace, and the morning after bag!!!

LUNA - i can officially blame you now for not getting my work done today!!!! hahaha just loove that bag

I saw the plain blk one IRL today. The leather is really nice..
I'm loving the white /brown one for the summer

I love the one you have Luna but the rest are very ordinary. I think you picked the best out of the bunch.

^^ Hehe.. I know.. that's why I picked that one! :P :wink:

Sorry bout the distraction, mackenzie.

vjp614 said:
Thank you for posting this! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bag - so much that I just ordered one! :D I can't wait to get it.

Vicki

Vicki --which one did you order?

handbaglover said:
Vicki --which one did you order?

I ordered the white and brown- I love the braiding and thought it would be nice for summer.

Vicki

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clem3166
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->