RIP Davide Renne - 1977-2023

I guess his experience of working for Michelle's Gucci will make him a good fit for Moschino, but I am not sure if he will do better job than Scott, of whom I always think are among the better designers for brands of the last decade (Burton at Mcqueen comes to mind)

Im intrigued….
It’s a very « speak the same language with a different accent » approach.
It will maybe more Italian, less comical but still flamboyant.
I hope he keeps working with Carlyne.

This guy has thé réputation and the stature to do this!

He has worked all through the Tom Ford/Firda/Ale years?

I must say, I'm genuinely happy for Renne! He is totally capable of pushing Moschino into a more timeless and less cartoonish direction. Not to mention that he must have left Gucci right before that Ancora sh*tshow, that's obviously another advantage. I wonder what he's going to do with all the Moschino leftovers being pushed to all the outlets and tkmaxxes out there, because that is a very serious problem for the brand right now.

OG Moschino was very political. Without the Politics it really just is kitchy Chanel dupes with fork buttons. IDK what else anyone could expect from Moschino. I doubt that he will do a brainy Moschino a-la Franco.

JS was perfect for Moschino. Jeremy attempted to create politically driven ideas that produced a design language for that collection. It actually was a Milanese highlight when it used to be a nothing dated label. Moschino diffusion lines were more desirable than Mainline for a long time.

I hope JS goes onto better things. He really has proven himself - before Moschino he was Phillip Plein level.

Last edited:
She deserves better than Moschino.
I think Tod’s made a mistake by letting her go.

She has an exquisite taste and while I would love to see her at the helm of a house like Alberta Ferretti, I think her taste could also helpful as a design director in a studio.
That might be true, but according to many accounts she is apparently impossible to work with and that it’s why her tenure has always been precarious. I’m wondering if she was a man with the same attitude if she would have had more support.

That might be true, but according to many accounts she is apparently impossible to work with and that it’s why her tenure has always been precarious. I’m wondering if she was a man with the same attitude if she would have had more support.
Tbh, while I think it’s important to take those things into consideration, it’s sometimes a matter of leadership. She worked at Gucci under Tom Ford. We saw the number of designers from that period who had quite big moments. Strong personalities, sometimes very difficult but somehow they worked together under that strong leadership.

Stefano was difficult to work with but he also worked with Tom.

In fashion and in life, it’s better to be liked tbh. When you are talented and a leader and you know how to be charming, people would do the world for you. It’s the same thing with all the alumni of Phoebe Philo now…

But she is really too talented to be just there…

I liked Jeremy for Moschino and his designs throughout all the years he spent in the fashion house as a designer. I think he did great work and created a lot of amazing and memorable debuts and collections. I look forward and expect different but still good work from Renne on his place but I think I'll miss Jeremy's work as a designer of Moschino. it was fun and cool.

Who in fashion WOULDN'T be a nightmare to work with? I've heard from a few friends that the business world may be cut-throat, but the art/creative world is elitist and pretentious. Which kinda checks out tbh.

Who in fashion WOULDN'T be a nightmare to work with? I've heard from a few friends that the business world may be cut-throat, but the art/creative world is elitist and pretentious. Which kinda checks out tbh.
That is a common cliché, but speaking from experience there are environments and CD who are absolutely NOT hectic, toxic and psycho.
When you are inside you more or less know what’s goes on behind closed doors.
Sometimes people with a terrible rep but amazing talent make it, sometimes they don’t. I think it depends how smart and political they are and if they have full support from the mother house.
Also from a perspective times of big egos and personality is gone, with it most of the creativity, and even the fashion industry got less and less eager to accept unacceptable behaviors, no matter who is he genious behind it.
And thank god for that!

Fachinetti would be perfect at Hermes. She has that uber-edited hyper-refined look Hermes commands. definitely not at Moschino.

Congratulations to Renne on getting the gig at Moschino, especially since he was considered a potential replacement for Michele at Gucci. Part of me actually has a feeling that he was the interim creative director for Winter 23 and Cruise 24.

Chances are that he didn't take part in Sabato's debut collection. Looking at his Instagram, it seems like his last collection for Gucci was Cruise 24 in Seoul.

Regardless, Michele and Di Vincenzo seem to approve of his appointment. I've always liked how friendly Milan's designers are to each other compared to Paris'.

Im intrigued….
It’s a very « speak the same language with a different accent » approach.
It will maybe more Italian, less comical but still flamboyant.
I hope he keeps working with Carlyne.
he’ll work with Suzanne

I'm not exactly sure the collections Alessandra Facchinetti produced during her career in the limelight actually live up to the good will people are invested in her, to be honest.

In her interim position taking over the womenswear from Tom Ford at Gucci, it appeared she was elementary in the very worked and detail-oriented dressmaking that produced some of Tom's best collections towards the end of his Gucci tenure - Her two collections seamlessly transitioned that feel and it helped that her sleek looks and personal style, complete with smoke-y eyes, presented her as the embodiment of the Gucci woman imagined by Tom Ford - I saw her several times at industry events and she stood out as ultra-sophisticated and sensual, dressed in the signature Tom Ford suiting that Peter Hawkings just showed on the runway. The fact that she didn't last more than those two seasons unfortunately didn't leave much room for her to display her personality as a designer.

The fact that she faced similar bad luck with her further appointments didn't help on that front, failing to build a cohesive red thread between her collections from Gucci to Valentino to Uniqueness and eventually Tod's - This is why at this point, her striking good looks and personal style are better reminded than her work as a designer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->