RIP Davide Renne - 1977-2023

I really hope it's not true but I just saw a terrible rumour on Twitter that the new creative director of Moschino, David Renne, has died last night due to a heart attack.

There are some people commenting "RIP" on his Instagram!

Is it true that Davide Renne died? His partner posted a photo of him and all the comments are mourning him.

Redirecting this thread now.

What a tragedy, my goodness. RIP

It is unfortunately true. So shocking, may he rest in peace. Everyone was so excited to see what he'd do at Moschino.

Davide Renne, the newly appointed creative director of Moschino, died from a “sudden illness” on Friday, the brand’s parent company Aeffe said in a statement.

Renne succeeded Jeremy Scott at the creative helm of Moschino on November 1. He joined the house from Gucci, where he spent two decades, most recently as head of womenswear design.

“There are no words to describe the pain we are experiencing at this dramatic time,” Massimo Ferretti, chairman of Moscino’s parent company Aeffe, said in a statement. “Even though he was only with us for a very short time, Davide was able to immediately make himself loved and respected.”

“Today we are left with the responsibility of carrying on what his imagination and creativity had only envisioned,” the statement continued. “Our deepest sympathies go to his family and friends.”

Renne, who was born in Follonica, Tuscany, studied at both the University of Florence and Polimoda in the late ‘90s. He began his career working with mentor Alessandro Dell’Acqua, before heading to Gucci in 2004.

On Friday, Dell’Acqua posted a tribute to Instagram honouring the late designer. “You will always be in my heart,” he wrote.

Source: Business of Fashion

oh no… that’s shocking and tragic. may he rest in peace

That is so tragic. If it's true he had a stroke, my god... that is so terrifying. My friend's brother just had one and he's in his mid thirties, came on straight out of nowhere. Preexisting condition no one knew about. Sending positivity to Davide's friends and fam :heart: this is awful

It’s time to talk about the stress, toxicity and the human sustainability of the workload and pressure to performance in fashion today.
Bit too early maybe? at 46 anything could've been accumulated. Maybe he had some crazy workout, childhood/chronic illness, dr*gs, we don't know, it's not always fashion, sure he was in the corporate world but at some point in life, you learn to have boundaries and hopefully find balance (because your employer is certainly not going to find it for you).

How sad his professional moment was about to begin. I hope businessmen don't exploit that by using his name in the name of legacy or tribute/unfinished collections.

RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->