Scalp/hair problem!

mousquerader

Reaction score
I need help. My hair gets oily/greasy quickly a couple days after washing, and the scalp feels dry/itchy and flakes sometimes. To top it all off, my hair gets really SMELLY... :yuk:I've tried using head & shoulders, but it doesn't work. Does anyone know how to deal with this? :/

I wash my hair everyday or every other day, so maybe you need to wash it more? Or perhaps it's your shampoo and conditioner? How often do you condition your hair? With me, I only need to condition mine like 1-2 times a week.

just wash it daily and let it dry before you sleep. my so used to wash his hair once every two days and although he doesn't smell (i'm too short to get a whiff anyway), he gets flakes on the scalp at times even though he used heads & shoulders. i told him he should wash his hair daily. he's still using heads&shoulders but no more flakes. oh if you can smell it, i'm sure others can too.

if you don't like to wash it daily, at least do so at the beginning till your scalp problems go away, then you can ease it up to once every two days. for me although i wash my hair daily, sometimes i get bumps on my scalp. i find using SLS-free shampoos help a little. and condition the ends only.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always condition my hair after I wash it with head & shoulders. I don't think it's the conditioner because I tried different conditioners before and I still have the same problem.

I don't want to wash it daily because I straighten my hair sometimes (but my bangs have to have be straightened every day) and that just makes it even more dry and damaged.

^ Since it's greasy, why not try using conditioner every other wash instead of every wash?

There could be a lot of pollution that your hair is being exposed to, which may cause the smell.

Hey, I just wanted to post that I resolved this issue, for those who might have the same problem. I posted on another forum and someone recommended this product called Sal-3 Soap (contains sulfur and 3% salicylic acid) which you lather up on your scalp to treat the fungus problem. It worked immediately... so I'm happy. So there you go. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->