Washing your hair everyday...

I have dry hair so that's a no for me, but I do need satiny slipper pillowcases. My hair came out perfect after I washed it on Saturday and barely did anything to it while it dried, but using my pillowcases screwed it up and my hair wasn't as nice yesterday.

Sounds exactly like my hair.
So I have to wash my hair every day and in the evening it's still looking like a mess. :yuk:

Me too! So oily! :( I have tried using Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Powder and it works wonders on my roots, but sometimes I don't use enough and the back of my head is an oily mess towards the afternoon.

I also have side bangs and although I shower everyday it just gets oily and gets on my face!:angry:

I've washed mine every day for the past week to see if it makes a difference to my hair,and it does...for the worse :ninja: I can go only washing my hair twice a week,but more often than not I do it every other day,which is a shame,cos I love the smell of my hair freshly washed :lol:

If I skip a day, I massage olive oil into my scalp and hair and let it ferment overnight.It really gives a lot nutrients and shine.

Wow, I'm amazed that there are so many that have to wash their hair so often.
I myself have been blessed with hair that rarely gets oily. And I can actually go a week before it needs washing, oh the joy of festival experimenting :rofl:. I guess I wash it about it twice a week though. Don't want to temp fate. :lol:
Of course not using many products helps as well..

A wash every other night works well enough for my hair. Recommended: Garnier...it's natural and less damaging.

This may have been asked already but does anyone have a good recommendation for dry shampoo? I wash my hair every other day. I almost never put product in it unless I'm going out for the night, but my hair gets smelly after 1-2 days depending on my daily activities (Going out makes it smell because of exposure to the outdoors, smoke, etc). When it gets greasy/smelly I mask it with baby powder but that's only temporary and it tends to give me the frizzies :(

^I've used the Tony and Guy dry shampoo in the past,that was quite good :flower:

I have been wanting to try dry shampoo for a while now too.
I have super thick and long hair and my scalp gets a tad oily well before the rest of my hair is ready to be rewashed.
I have seen one by Federec Fekkai ( I think) at Sephora that I want to try.
My friend just started a job there so I should have him pick some up for me to try and I will report back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using the dry shampoo that sephora sells in the bins at the checkout for years and I looooove it! Smells great, is cheap, and totally makes your hair look and feel clean. It is by Oscar Blandi and it is like $10. I just bought a spare bottle but it is lasting so long I feel like I may never need to open another bottle! A little is all you need since you just get it on the roots and massage it in.

I just use it if I have not had time to shower and feel gross or if I did shower and did not want to wash my hair (to keep it from getting too dry). For the latter, I will just quickly blow dry the roots (because some water gets past the shower cap) and then apply it. You are not supposed to use it on wet hair. I am totally recommending it.

Also, if you are looking for other "freshen-uppers" for while you are trying not to wash your hair, I also use Aveda's refresher spray that comes in the light blue bottle. I bought the big bottle to refill my sprayer and that also has been lasting me forever! Between these two products no one will ever know when I don't wash my hair (except that maybe it smells even better than when I do wash my hair:ninja: ). With the refresher I just spray it all around on top, underneath and in the middle but not to make it damp and limp, just as if you were febreezing your hair. Then I use the Oscar blandi pronto powder on the roots (which actually adds some volume too) and I'm good to go.

Just FYI, be careful if you are wearing black when you apply it. Check and make sure you don't have signs of powder sprinkles on your shoulder (or on your ears or anywhere else for that matter).

I have long thick dyed red hair. I used to wash my hair daily but stopped when I started dyeing it to keep the color from fading. I use Bumble and Bumble red tinted dry shampoo and sometimes just baby powder to keep it clean looking in between washings. I usually wash it every 2-3 days. But I have gotten away with not washing it 6-7 days which I was proud of. I take showers and baths daily i just pin my bangs bang and tie the rest up in a scrunchie. Not washing it makes it look shinier and it's easier to style. It's also healthier feeling than it's ever been.:D

Is this going to damage my hair?

My hair tends to get greasy if I leave it unwashed, but I hear washing your hair daily will dry it out. Should I start wearing a shower cap?

That's not true ... I've been washing my hair pretty much every day my whole life. You need to use a good conditioner, but I think that's true of everyone who's not getting their hair cut very frequently (like if you're a guy with a short haircut, you have no ends to condition, and what ends there are are gone before you know it).

HELP

i have short hair and i have to wash it everyday, i clean it in the night and when i wake up theres already oil build up. i also have dandruff when it does dry. it wasnt always like this i used to be able to go for up to 3 days without cleaning my hair.

any suggestions?

^ Why aren't you washing your hair in the morning?

When you say it didn't used to be like this ... was that before puberty, or what changed?

I would definitely switch shampoos ... I don't have dandruff, so someone who does will have better advice, but Aveda Scalp Benefits is supposed to be good, and it doesn't have a medicinal smell.

i dont wash my hair in the morning because it will get static-y. with a bit of oil its more manageable.

it didnt happen before puberty and i dont recall things changing it just happened. I am going to look into the aveda scalp benefits.

I wash my hair every day but I never use any heat on it; no flat-iron or blow-dryer. And I use a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner and I deep condition every week.

i dont wash my hair in the morning because it will get static-y. with a bit of oil its more manageable.

it didnt happen before puberty and i dont recall things changing it just happened. I am going to look into the aveda scalp benefits.

Perhaps you could use a product to eliminate the static? I don't have that issue, but I'm sure there isn't one that a product hasn't been invented to solve :lol:

I use Aveda Smooth Infusion to eliminate frizz ... not sure if it would help with your issue or not, but seems like it might. You could ask at the store ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->