Unusual Hair Colors

My hair right now is kind of hard to explain. It's light blonde with lowlights and then I have 2 panels underneath in the middle about a 1/2 inch thick each. The top one is hot pink and the bottom one is dark brown (which pretty much looks black.) It sounds kind of skunky haha. But I swear its not, the colors just kinda streak through; its still all blonde on top. I've used fudge pretty flamingo (pink) the color is really vibrant. I would also suggest using paul mitchell Inkworks. It's most likely the stuff they will use if you go to a salon to get your hair done. Its only sold to professionals but some salons can order it in for you.

what age do you think is too old to do an unusual hair colour? I'm 24 and I've really been wanting to do a fun bright hair colour but have been holding back. I'm afraid that I may be too old and it will look silly. I've seen women in their 40's-50's with bright hair and it usually looks bad. I used to dye my hair crazy colours all the time in high school and always loved it and would like to do it again. And as a makeup artist, it really wouldn't be a big deal work wise to have weird hair(I don't think so anyway) What do you guys think?

Well Daphne Guinness (sp?) pulls of a Cruella de Ville hairdo.. and I'm sure she's in her 40s.. I think its all about getting a good stylist and really explaining (preferebly with visuals) what it is that you want.

snowqueen, i love your haircolours!
i've had almost all colours possible, but i'm finally trying to let my natural colour grow out, but i'm already bored of it.

my dream haircolour is really really light purple, and very gray/white, like the old ladies got, but i don't think my skin is pale enough for that looking good.

^^ haha i once when dying my hair white left the toner on to long and i ended up with a lilac rinse haha x

Part of me would love to have blue hair, the other part of me wonders what's the point? I don't go anywhere. Work and home. Woopie. Okay, and occasionally to the grocery store and walmart. I work with a whopping 5 other people and unless a vistor drops by, that's all I see from 8:30 to 5. Even then I'm by myself in my office most of the time. :doh:

I have played with colors back in college. I tried dying it purple over halloween, but it didn't take. :(

No photos are current. Right now I have natural long hair. Not taking any current photos either. I have a cold and look like hell.
Before and afters:

Colorpulse, plum or cherry something I think.

I'm not really this vain, it's just the picture I have uploaded to photobucket. :blush:

Sun-in... I think around 2002ish. Ignore the bad make up.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of "unusual" colors are used with vegetable dyes, or at least that's what I've been told. I used a Manic Panic vegetable dye in blue, and it turned my light hair green after a couple washes. Anyone know how to get rid of it? Its been a couple months, and won't fade. Even after I used a color remover & have tried dying over it.

blue is the hardest colour of all to dye (almost, i've tried torquise, which was even worse). And thats how it goes when you try to get your hair blue, it usually requires to re dyed ever week or so to make it still look good.

i've also tried to wash the colour away with a terrible result. the only thing thats worked for me is bleching it away or dyeing it over with a permanent dye, instead of semi permanent dyes like the extreme colurs

^ Thanks for responding. Actually I used a black-brown permanent dye, unfortunately while the color fades (since my hair is pre-bleached) the vegetable dye remains ever so strongly. In some strange way it seems like the semi-permanent dyes I've used lasted longer than the permanent ones. My hairdresser suggested that since my hair is porous from my blonde days, the vegetable dye is clinging pretty hard. Anyway, I've done research and asked around, and apparently the only way to remove the green is with -- like you suggested -- bleach. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->