Scandinavian Street Style #2

^ That girl is super cute! She's from Norway right?
I have seen look popping up on various fashion blogs last week :smile:

Copenhagen Street Style

I thought this thread was needed because I tried to find one but there wasn't one. Sorry if there is but I searched my hardest :blush:

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

facehunter

That second girl looks fabulous! I love it. Beautiful turqoise that makes her look so icy and Scandinavian ^_^

Great thread. Very few hot messes.

I wonder, for people familiar with Scandinavian countries, is there really a similar style found in each of them? And how representative are the pics in this thread of people in Scandinavia?

the streets of Copenhagen during the design-centric city’s Fashion week

elle.com

I wonder, for people familiar with Scandinavian countries, is there really a similar style found in each of them? And how representative are the pics in this thread of people in Scandinavia?
I would say it's pretty representative... Just a little toned down. At least in my age group. People are interested in fashion and stuff because of blogs. Blogging is very popular.

Yeah, blogging is a big deal, even in Finland. I dont really know about the other countries other than Finland and Sweden, but I'd say those two are like night and day...it's always so different to go to Stockholm where people are more courageous to do something different with clothes and fashion. But overall from what I've seen, Swedes impress me the most.

I'd also say it's pretty representative.

Having travelled to all Scandinavian countries except for Finland and having lived in 2 of them, Sweden & Iceland, I must say that people put more effort in their streetlooks (as in creativity / individuality) rather than in other countries imo.

What I like best about Sweden is that these individual styles are not only found in the bigger cities but also on the country. Maybe not quite as eccentric as in Stockholm but still much more so than in f.ex. rural parts of Germany.

Icelandic styles differs a bit from the common "Scandinavian style". Highschools are very americanized with the typical preppy wear / A&F hoodies and such. There is a strong alternative scene as well that dresses similar to the Swedish one but I think most people that you meet while going out are extremely elegant / chic. A Dutch friend of mine said while visiting me in Reykjavík, that the city is full of blonde Blair Walldorfs. I think that's a compliment :wink:

I always love going back to Scandinavia cause you are much more free to dress and experiment with your clothing than in other places in the world. And if you look like a total idiot - you still get fotographed for a style blog :D:P

Well said! ^_^ And I totally agree with the last thing you said, I was once wearing something that I just threw on and of course then I got photographed by some blogger or whatever :D As I said before, blogs are a big thing...

New pics from HEL LOOKS These are taken from Flow Festival (also referred as the "finnish fashion week" not because there are fashion shows but because people dress up to go there)

20100815_07.jpg

Johan (20)
"I'm wearing Minimarket shades, a Cheap Monday shirt, Diana Orving harem pants, D&G boots and a Margiela bag.
The 80s, the 90s and my friend living in Milan inspire me."

20100815_04.jpg

Maria (22)
"I'm wearing a self-made top, second hand and my grandfather's old camera.
I like contradictions: mixing ugly with beautiful, good music with bad etc.
You can see great styles in Joensuu!"

20100814_06.jpg

Netta (21)
"I'm wearing an ironic hipster outfit.
The black eyeliner is the cornerstone of my style. My current obsession is mint green.
My little sister inspires me."

20100814_05.jpg

Kristel (20)
"My style is different every day, but the red lipstick is the cornerstone of my style.
My friends, music and dancing inspire me. Style-wise London is the most interesting city in the world."

20100814_03.jpg

Tara (25)
"I'm wearing a second hand shirt with an American Apparel bodysuit. I love to wear headbands, one unusual earring and brightly coloured lipstick.
Roisin Murphy has the best style."

20100814_02.jpg

Elli (27)
"I'm wearing a second hand shirt, an Urban Outfitters vintage hoodie and shorts made of old jeans.
Shoes by Hanna Sarén and Minna Parikka are my obsession.
Agyness Deyn has a great style. She knows how to mix things that don't seem to go together."

20100813_08.jpg

Susu (31)
"I'm wearing a witch hunt-gothic-exorcism dress with an 80's aerobic body, because we are living apocalyptic times. This is the funeral of Flow Festival."

20100813_05.jpg

Mari (30)
"Today I wanted to wear something festive. The jumpsuit is from B-Galleria in Turku, the shoes from Valtteri market.
I like red and blue and colorful clothes in general."

20100811_05.jpg

Amanda (22)
"I'm wearing a top from Monki, a second hand cardigan, joggers from Gina Tricot and shoes from H&M.
I like to wear loads of jewellery and knee-high boots.
5 inch and up blog is my newest love."

20100813_06.jpg

Jussi (21)
"I like to wear leather, studs and oversized t-shirt with tight bottoms. I often shop at women's departments.
I follow fashion and blogs, for example Silver."

All pics from HEL LOOKS There are more pics from Flow I just chose the most interesting ones.

BTW that's me in the last pic :woot:

ahh!! Im going to Iceland in about 2 months and I can't wait!!

Scandinavian streetstyle blogs blow my mind. A large swath of the population seems to put a lot of thought and effort into creating a defining look. I wonder what it is about Scandinavian culture that encourages such a high level of outward self expression?

Scandinavian streetstyle blogs blow my mind. A large swath of the population seems to put a lot of thought and effort into creating a defining look. I wonder what it is about Scandinavian culture that encourages such a high level of outward self expression?
Oooh could you please recommend me some blogs?? I only know stockholmstreetstyle but that's just for streetstyle in general, I'd like to follow blogs with only scandinavian streetstyle :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->