Sewing - #2

I love the idea of the ties draped in front! It reminds me of this other (somewhat similar) pattern that I came across in my search. I'm going to go for this combination I think. ^_^

etsy.com

Attachments

• vogue.jpg
    vogue.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 2
Yes, very pretty!! I like the shorter length too. Love vintage patterns...reminds me of all the summers sewing along with my mother with her library of patterns she's collected throughout the decades...<3 <3

Thanks for the input guys! I ordered the pattern and now I'm just waiting to get started. ^_^

It's been a while since I've been inspired to sew anything, but lately it's creeping up on me again. When I move to my new apartment I will have a spare room all to myself where I can spread out all my stuff, so the thought of that probably helps. :D Anyway, I've been going through all my fabrics (ugh, so many half-finished projects!), and I found this embroidered lightweight wool fabric that my grandmother gave me years ago. I remember she said she had planned to make a wrap skirt from it once, but never got around to it. Probably some time in the 70's or 80's, the paisley has this nice 70's feel to it.
I was thinking I might make a skirt for autumn, but haven't decided on the silhouette yet. A simple a-line? Slightly fuller with a few box pleats? A pencil skirt? Do you have any suggestions? :flower:

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_0477_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0477_1024.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 4
i see fabric like that and all i see is YSL gypsy...

vintagepatterns.wikia

Attachments

• V1558.jpg
    V1558.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 3
^ I can see it in a full silhouette, gathered at the waist. Seems to be a popular look for fall ...

It would be pretty with a silk blouse and boots ... metallic?

@Caramel: I think it would be great for a flowy skirt - kneelenght maybe? Would look cool with a leather jacket and one of your lacy blouses :wink:

I really enjoy sewing ATM. I find that it is a great way to unwind, and it really supports a more slow-fashion inspired approach to life, since I find that I appreciate the detailing and the time and effort it actually takes to make clothes.

I am still just an amateur though, so I've mainly made smaller projects like headbands and upcycling of old clothes. Recently I made this blouse from an old shirt. Got the idea from a blog.

I have three silk-satin slips (black, dark grey, light grey) that I would like to do something with, since they are too tight to fit me as it is. Any ideas for what I could do with them? I was thinking I might make one of them into a skirt, but I cannot decide which colour - and what to do with the others.

Also I have heaps of the green peacock-patterned fabric used for the turban headband. I originally bought it to make a dress, but my style was quite different back then though, so I don't think I will go with that idea. I was thinking that the pattern would look good for a kimono, but it is a medium weight cotton and kind of stiff, so I dont really think the result would be good. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 12033665_10154178940303056_779183314_n.jpg
    12033665_10154178940303056_779183314_n.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 12042012_10154196782428056_434400963_n.jpg
    12042012_10154196782428056_434400963_n.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 3
wow!
those both look great!!!
:heart:

nice job!!!

i like your idea of the kimono jacket out of that fabric...
stiff cotton is actually really good for a kimono...
maybe it will also soften if you washed it>?

maybe you could open the side seams of the silk slips and insert fabric from one of the other slips so that it will fit?
then you would have color blocking on the sides...
could be nice with the grey and black...
or even with the two shades of grey...

^ Good idea ... dresses with side panels of black are really slimming too. Not that you need it, betina :wink:

New skirt in the making. The end result should be in black silk georgette/crepe.
my own pic

Attachments

• skirt.jpg
    skirt.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 6
^ Is this a lining, or are you doing a muslin?

... Don't tell me what's in the picture is actually blue and black :rofl:

Haha :lol: It's a muslin to try out. I'm hunting for the fabric atm.

Oh God that blue and black saga :lol:

It's beautiful Nymphaea!
I just love it in that fabric too.:blush:
How are you doing the waist?

Thanks Melisande.
Just a simple waistband, like in this pic, but this is a half circle skirt. The one above is a full circle skirt. I'm not sure yet which one I'm going to choose, the full or the half circle skirt.
my pic

Attachments

• Half circle skirt.jpg
    Half circle skirt.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 7
I like it too ^,^ Where would you wear it? The full circle

I did some sewing today. Inserted a new garter into a pair of pants ^_^

Thank you both! Well done gius.
I would wear the black version of the skirt to work, shopping etc, in-between casual and chic.

Finished both muslin versions to the t and I prefer the full circle version because it's fuller (obvious :lol:) and therefore more special/unusual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->