Shoes : Yay or Nay? #4

What is the occation? Do you wear heels for everyday or only for occations? What will you wear them with? Where will you wear them? Open toed shoes, like the black ones, do not work in all enviroments (Imagine a pavement with small pebbles or cut glass...:S Poor little toes). The pale turquoise ones look the most summer-y, the black ones the most sexy/evening-like and the third pair looks the most causall and like they would be the most comfortabke to walk in. I am not sure what you want from them, so that is the best I can do:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the occation? Do you wear heels for everyday or only for occations? What will you wear them with? Where will you wear them? Open toed shoes, like the black ones, do not work in all enviroments (Imagine a pavement with small pebbles or cut glass...:S Poor little toes). The pale turquoise ones look the most summer-y, the black ones the most sexy/evening-like and the third pair looks the most causall and like they would be the most comfortabke to walk in. I am not sure what you want from them, so that is the best I can do:smile:

Oh, thank you!:D I was thinking about an everyday pair, so I think I'll go with blue pumps, I think it will look great with a day or evening outfit

mules...
++
classic blk mules in buttery soft blk lthr...
really soft and perfect heel height...

??
are they really a classic or just a trend?
investment or novelty?
:unsure:...

(i should say that i have a pair that is very very similar in natural snakeskin...
so maybe these are a bit redundant? - i always think that snakeskin is as neutral as black)

http://us.topshop.com/en/tsus/product/nino-soft-unlined-mules-5233869?bi=40&ps=20
topshop

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-08-26 at 11.32.16 AM.png
    Screen shot 2016-08-26 at 11.32.16 AM.png
    124 KB · Views: 2
oh- i should also add- about the boots...

they are padded in the TOE!
which makes them unusually comfy...esp for a pointed toe...
so...yeah...the comfort level is messing with my aesthetic judgement...
:ermm:...:doh:...:blush:

Mules are so hideous they are cool. I prefered the grey suede ones, but it is personal preference, of course. Lavender suede (I am going through a lavender phase...) would be even better but thats not an option so...

thanks- i was talking to a girl in the store who got the light blue suede mules and said they got ruined almost immediately and she was back in the store to buy another pair- this time in black lthr..
this is why i would only get blk suede...

if i lived in the suburbs and drove places it might be different...
^_^

right now- i'm leaning towards returning the boots and keeping the mules...

Nobody wants shoes that get ruined instantly:shock: The black suede ones look great :smile:

I like the boots, because they are a bit different than usual, but would go with everything. The mules are a bit standard imo, so your outfit needs something to elevate them I think.

from the pic of the boots alone, they don't look like something you have to get no matter what.
but if they don't get special until they are on you or you are in them, yay is possible.

how about your starman collection including the silver mules ?
if only the nature of the silver is what develops like the surface of a rusty pearl white spaceship, when it gets ruined.

you know what?
i tried on the silver mules first~!
i think they are really great in silver, actually...
and that would make them cooler, i think...

* they remind me of vintage clergerie....^_^

thanks guys!

update:
switched to the silver mules and they are SO much better...
thanks again...

the boots are def better on me than in the pic...
the leather is really soft and squished around the ankle...
they are basically sock boots...
very flattering on me...
i feel like i should keep them because when i put them with my other boots, they look like they are part of the family...

^_^...

also, when i tried them in the store and asked some opinions, no one really liked them but me- and that is usually a good sign, believe it or not!!!...

:lol:...

I used to be so involved with these questions when I was more of a regular on tFS. That said, let me do what I can only do in threads like this- sway interest.

* I never had any real interest in mid-calf boots. They either had to be ankle-length or knee-high to get my attention. Some of you know I am not fond of over-knee boots. I still think the mid-calf boots in Post #263 are very okay. So I'm going Yay! on those.

* Slide sandals are more of a comfort option than something totally chic. And so the ones in Post #264 are not bad if that is what you want. My call on those sandals is (Moderate) Yay!

That's all from me. Please... dress (and shop) with confidence!

update-
*if anyone cares...:lol:...

boots went back because i found something else that is 6 times better...
also six times more $$$$$$...
:ninja:...

they are ordered and i hope they will be just as good in person as i think they are...

if they are 'the ones', they will solve multiple problems in my shoe closet...
*they are punk, low heel, pointy toe, chelsea, dressy, casual, everyday, dressy, easy on/off, sexy, cool...
and CHIC~!!!

fingers crossed...
:magic:

hi nymphea...
these are them...
http://www.yoox.com/us/11057930RI/item#dept=shoeswomen&sts=sr_shoeswomen80&cod10=11057930RI&sizeId=

we'll see how they are in person...
will depend on how big they are in the ankle and how high it comes up on me most of all...

also-
how shiny, how pointy and how comfy...
and if the heel is the right height...

*i really need something to wear with skirts and cropped pants and leggings and joggers...
cause that is all i wear...
i have loads of heels that are skinny and/or high...
but need more lower heels and specifically want a chelsea style...
i had been considering a style in suede like this for some time but never find the right one...
usually the heel is too high or too flat or the toe too pointy or the ankle too wide, etc...
these seem good and the black metallic seems way more interesting and more practical than plain blk suede...
so...
here's hoping~!

they are sort of peter pan booties...
and the image of that is pretty awesome, in my book....
:magic:...

I like those! Nice metallic sheen on them. Hope they tick all your boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->