Signé Chanel : Documentary on Haute Couture F/W 04.05

Yeah! Oprah sounded so uncultured asking about the prices and things!

I'm sorry but I dont see anything that is 'uncultured' about potential clients asking about the prices. I'm pretty sure Oprah was really interested in those pieces :flower: Anyway, this documentary is so romantic and educational :blush::heart: I wish they made more documentaries regarding haute couture.. I'm really interested in the process of its making.. B)

I love it!! The edit, the mood, the narrator, Karl himself, Mme Martine etc... the whole direction of this documentary is incredible.. well done.

whenever i see the tweed i think of the braid lady :P

Me too!

And now sometimes when I'm at work and it's really boring, I dream about moving to France and apprenticing with that woman. :lol:

Remember how she said that she could not find anyone who had the talent to take over? I would hate for those amazing skills to die with her - she must find someone!

I'm sorry but I dont see anything that is 'uncultured' about potential clients asking about the prices. I'm pretty sure Oprah was really interested in those pieces :flower:

I don't know, I would think a serious prospective client would have a rough idea of the prices before going to a presentation...

But anyway, I watched this a couple of days ago for the umpteenth time and I have to say that I want to be best friends with Laurence. :D

^Me too! :lol: And Mme Martine :wub:

What I love about this is it's so obvious how much the women adore Karl, even though he drives them crazy adding gowns at the last minute, and how much respect he shows towards them.

This is also my who-knows-what #th time I've watched the documentary :blush: What I noticed is that you don't see anyone drafting patterns..
Even on project runway they don't..
I wonder if it is all draped on the mannequin???
Me too!

And now sometimes when I'm at work and it's really boring, I dream about moving to France and apprenticing with that woman. :lol:

Remember how she said that she could not find anyone who had the talent to take over? I would hate for those amazing skills to die with her - she must find someone!
Yeah I was surprised about that, I thought textile design was alive in France
A girl from Paris visited us when I was in school
She brought a fabric she designed, it was woven with ostrich feathers and silk and who knows what else.. very interesting texture

I've seen a different kind of machine to make braid. It sort of reminds me of a wooden chair I guess.. like all these wooden poles joining in a sort of cube shape. Now having watched Signe Chanel I feel like taking a stab at it :lol: but when I first saw the machine, I couldn't think that at all.. what with the samples it came with. They were so ugly and the colours ! Was very unattracted.
The one mme Pouzieux uses looks just like the machine used for weaving fabrics

I've seen a different kind of machine to make braid. It sort of reminds me of a wooden chair I guess.. like all these wooden poles joining in a sort of cube shape. Now having watched Signe Chanel I feel like taking a stab at it :lol: but when I first saw the machine, I couldn't think that at all.. what with the samples it came with. They were so ugly and the colours ! Was very unattracted.
The one mme Pouzieux uses looks just like the machine used for weaving fabrics

That's exactly what I thought! I find her technique very intriguing.

And I'm not saying that I have the special talent required to make that sort of braid. I'm certain that I probably don't. I'm just worried that the art might be lost forever! :(

Just watched the ep with Mme Pouzieux :o and the finished braid (Sleepless nights part 3 of 4).. they even look like fabrics (structurally), just narrow strips. Not braid in what we know where we have a set of strands of string, and criss-cross them together... like when braiding hair. Maybe "braid" just means a narrow strip of fabric.. like "trim"

I'm sure you can do it, cygnenoir
just needs patience
Anyway! I know myself will be in the group of keeping it alive for sure ! :lol: Interestingly enough we are doing trims in my couture lesson. So fitting !

can anyone rip this video from the dvd and upload it?
Ive been trying to get good quality video for this for as long as i can remember and i am in australia!!
I would be so grateful if someone could do that, preferably as a torrent
Thanks

this aired on Sundance recently and it was so good! I wish they would do this again for newer seasons. I just love seeing the behind-the-scenes of the actual dressmakers and all the work that goes into actually producing a collection.

This documentary is one of my favorites. :heart: I wish I would've been able to catch it on Sundance. -_-

Does anybody know where you can watch all of the episodes online? They used to have them on youtube but they got taken down. Please help. I've been wanting to watch it again. I found one guy on vimeo who only has like two episodes.

yes someone please repost this... the only dvd I found available for purchase wouldn't work in the states :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->