Signé Chanel : Documentary on Haute Couture F/W 04.05

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
source: fashionweekdaily.com

Get Dibs on New Chanel
Available first at Colette

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

(PARIS) For those of you who missed it, Paris concept store Colette is getting first dibs on selling the Loïc Prigent-directed documentary Signé Chanel that ran on the Arte TV channel over five nights from the end of March to the start of April earlier this year. Tracing the evolution of the fall 2004 haute couture collection from sketch inception by Karl Lagerfeld right through creation, fittings, the fashion show and even a particularly vile husband shepherding his client wife around the couture salon post-show, Chanel allowed the film cameras unprecedented access to almost every aspect of the couture world. By the end you’ll feel like you know Lagerfeld and the genius gals in the ateliers personally. The DVD goes on sale in Colette September 13 for 36 Euros, or approximately $45 US dollars, and is available to buy from the website the following day. But Zone 2 classification means that unless you have the right player you might only be able to watch it when in Europe.
KARL TREACY

Just wanted everyone to know about this as well!
I have already been able to watch this documentary when a friend from germany recorded it for me and sent me all 5 parts some months ago, and i have to say it's the best thing i ever saw on Haute Couture or Chanel, the insight you get is just breathtaking.....:flower:

001.jpg

Chanel DVD

Exceptionnaly, the dvd box "Signé Chanel", documentary of Loïc Prigent . The journalist followed from A to Z the conception of a Chanel Haute Couture collection. From the first drawing of Karl Lagerfeld to the sell to the customers...

will be available at colette from the 14th ofSeptember

colette.fr

Is the DVD going to be available in the States?

the clips look great...
even without understanding a word i was glued to the screen...
the music and the shots of paris add to the magic...

and it's so funny to watch karl click his rings...:lol:
i had a flashback to when he used to flutter his fan...

:P

^ Did you see the clip when he counted his rings? After 11 I lost count.:P

I hope it does become available in the US because I'd love to see the whole thing.

mb117 said:
001.jpg

Chanel DVD

Exceptionnaly, the dvd box "Signé Chanel", documentary of Loïc Prigent . The journalist followed from A to Z the conception of a Chanel Haute Couture collection. From the first drawing of Karl Lagerfeld to the sell to the customers...

will be available at colette from the 14th ofSeptember

colette.fr

Uuuurgh, just checked that site again now. Why is it still not goddamn available?!:angry:

^ That's strange - I bought my copy there (I mean at the physical, brick-and-mortar colette), so they definitely have it. I suggest sending them an email...

I also have this ...its actually very funny....and I quite liked Monsieur Karl when watching it. The highlight is the lady who makes the Chanel Couture braid. The ladies in the atelier are very special too.

Colette does have it!!!

This may seem like a stupid question, but can you watch the video w/ subtitles of english or something?

Good news for UK viewers, my friend told me that "In the house of chanel" (which sounded like this) is showing every wednesday night at 8.30pm on BBC4 :smile: (or 3, better check both)

there's a snippet of the video here:
http://www.style.com/images/trends/stylenotes/041805/stylenotes.swf

and the sundance channel is airing the whole thing through the month of september (times in EST:(

EPISODE 1: ANTICIPATION
NEXT SHOWING:
Thursday 09.07.06 at 08:00 PM EPISODE 2: DOUBTS
NEXT SHOWING:
Thursday 09.14.06 at 08:00 PM
EPISODE 3: RITUALS
NEXT SHOWING:
Thursday 09.21.06 at 08:00 PM
EPISODE 4: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS
NEXT SHOWING:
Thursday 09.28.06 at 08:00 PM

they have clips here:
http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/?ixSeries=43

Could this ruin the credibility of Chanel, seems like everyone and everything is doing a reality show?:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->