Signé Chanel : Documentary on Haute Couture F/W 04.05

^ that was truly amazing and bizzare :shock: What is so special about what she does? She spoke mysteriously on how she met coco chanel, but was that explained? :unsure:

I love how they pass around all the sweets - and how the show was delayed for Anna - and how dumb the conversation was between oprah winfrey and the other woman :rolleyes::lol:

I must admit I watch it to get a general inspiration and nudge in life. ^_^

PS. I want a Chanel Cupcake, but everyone takes them within 10 seconds! Molto delizioso! :lol: :shifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
sethii said:
^ that was truly amazing and bizzare :shock: What is so special about what she does? She spoke mysteriously on how she met coco chanel, but was that explained? :unsure:

I love how they pass around all the sweets - and how the show was delayed for Anna - and how dumb the conversation was between oprah winfrey and the other woman :rolleyes::lol:

Yeah! Oprah sounded so uncultured asking about the prices and things!

Is there anywhere that you can still purchase the dvd of this series?

The woman who makes the briads is quite a character with her horses and cat. My favourite part has to be when Karl leaves his handbag in the car.

Yay! I will have to find out if this is available to get to the uk! I love this documentary- one of my faves! And we get to see the legendary Anna Wintour and Andre Leon Talley too! :D :D

Thank you so much for posting. I just finished watching all 5 episodes last night. It was really amazing, those women work so hard! I think its funny how Karl referred to Martine as a parisian serpant.

Martine is damn funny...clumsy and giggly
i love celine too

funny how that seamstress worked for chanel for FORTY THREE years and all she gets is two chanel bags that probably cost the company less than $1,000 to make! You'd figure she'd at least get a diamond bezel J12 or something!
How cheap!

God.... the things I'd give to F*CKING volunteer there. For no money! Just be their slave, run errands, carry sh*t, whatever! Just work there...

Was it me or did anyone ever see Karl go upstairs to the work room to actually see how they worked?
And I bet he wonders why sometimes he doesn't get what he wants. I feel so bad for those women. Although their getting paid what they deserve, they shouldn't be slaved into the night just to bring Karl's ideas a reality. I guess that is what fame and wealth does to a designer, when he or she feels they've done it all. :huh:

Was it me or did anyone ever see Karl go upstairs to the work room to actually see how they worked?
And I bet he wonders why sometimes he doesn't get what he wants. I feel so bad for those women. Although their getting paid what they deserve, they shouldn't be slaved into the night just to bring Karl's ideas a reality. I guess that is what fame and wealth does to a designer, when he or she feels they've done it all. :huh:
I doubt those women work for minimal wages, and its not every day like that for them....Karl did go upstairs....

I really fell in love with Chanel after that show .

That was such an enjoyable series. I kept muttering indecipherable French all throughout my watching those clips. Makes me appreciate the whole process required for such a show, even if it is a less enjoyable part of my fashion week. The process is so far above the eccentricities of just one man.

I did love the lady with the braid, she was the most genuine person throughout.

It's sad that soon, those braids won't be made anymore.... I really wonder what her "gift" is. Someone GOTTA learn it.

I saw it on YouTube, is a pity that here in brazil we don't have people with enough intelligent to put this documentary on TV.

i can learn to braid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way chanel would hire me!
Is it possible that the braiding is really THAT difficult to learn?

I fell in love with Chanel even more too after watching signe chanel....

I guess the branding aspect of haute couture really works!

I'd kill to buy even ONE piece of chanel haute couture while Karl Lagerfeld is still around.

^Fly to Paris! Apply for a job as a braider! Nail it!

You bet you can a piece of couture if you work there long enough. I mean, get a good relationship with these people, and they might just make you one. I doubt a piece of couture made from a friend to another friend might cost so much. (Let's ALL befriend those seamstresses :lol:)

I was watching it all summer holidays long, about 2 years ago on TV5. I still have it recorded, that's my favourite document about fashion... plus, I will never forget that women screaming: "Karl! Karl! Karl!" :buzz: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannah Ursula
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->