Stella McCartney's new line : Care

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
111006_5.jpg

McCartney's New Design: Skin Care
By Brid Costello

LONDON — Stella McCartney is branching into treatment this spring, with a line called Care, and she's doing it organically — naturally.

The move by McCartney, who grew up on an organic farm and is a longtime campaigner for animal rights, is billed to be the first time a luxury fashion label has taken the organic route with skin care.

"This launch is a big deal for this industry," maintained McCartney, who, with her beauty license holder, YSL Beauté, is gearing up to introduce the eight-unit treatment line starting in spring 2007.

"Big people are waiting to see how this is reacted to," she added. "If Stella McCartney can't succeed, I don't think anyone is going to bother."

That being said, YSL Beauté isn't the only major beauty player taking interest in the natural beauty market — and organic products, in particular. In October, beauty giant L'Oréal announced its acquisition of Laboratoire Sanoflore, an organic beauty manufacturer, and, also in October, Groupe Clarins announced plans to take a stake in the Kibio natural brand, with which it will collaborate on an organic cosmetics line.

Indeed, the nascent organic beauty market isn't without its attractions. Sales of organic personal care products are estimated to have reached $282 million in the U.S. last year, representing 28 percent year-on-year growth, according to the Nutrition Business Journal's research with the Organic Trade Association. While still representing a mere 0.5 percent of global personal care sales, it is a segment with promise, according to executives.

Amarjit Sahota, director of London-based Organic Monitor, a business-research firm, said McCartney's move into the organic beauty market likely will raise the segment's profile. "It will be definitely beneficial for the industry," he said. "It will broaden the market and open it to demand from customers who otherwise wouldn't buy [organic products]."

McCartney and Chantal Roos, YSL Beauté's president and managing director, insist, however, Care is not part of a fashion fad. "We've been in development for three years; we're not jumping on a trend," said McCartney. "I'm doing this for genuine reasons."

"She lives like this," said Roos, alluding to McCartney's organic lifestyle. "She's very sincere."

credited to wwd.com

Good if it is organic and not tested with animals in any stage of the manufacturing process, but somehow I do not trust designer skin care...Designers should be doing clothes.

I have to say the ad is sweet, even if it reminds me of toilet paper ads.

:D agreed on both issues..
i really dont trust 'designer' skincare

I work for YSL Beaute and just heard about this. I'll be interested to see it actually.

Its only going to be carried at Sephora and Whole Foods Markets.....which I think is a pretty interesting move. Maybe not such a bright one.............but interesting none the less.

i'm interested in this line - has anyone tried any of the products yet? it is pricey, so it's hard for me to imagine buying any of the products on description alone. :unsure: there's a sample set on sephora for $38, with 4 products - but each one is only .169/oz. which doesn't seem like it would go far enough to test!

seems like a total ripoff. im guessing that its going to be an easy item for people to shoplift in wholefoods as well.

i like to put my skincare $ behind brands that have a lot of $ to spend on research like proctor and gamble, olay etc.

lucy92 said:
seems like a total ripoff. im guessing that its going to be an easy item for people to shoplift in wholefoods as well.

i like to put my skincare $ behind brands that have a lot of $ to spend on research like proctor and gamble, olay etc.

I would think being under the YSL umbrella that they probably did plenty of research before creating the products, like it's mentions being under development for three years.

Doesn't P&G and Olay test on animals?????

I agree though, I don't think Id spend the money on it. But I'd like to try it.

hmm? this could be a good option to those that want to spend money on organic "designer label" or natural skincare but don't like origins or Clarins :ninja:

I can't stand Clarins.

Everything seems so fragranced and oily to me.

Whole Foods is interesting. At least I live near one and can try without fighting through Sephora traffic.

It's also interesting that some find Clarins over perfumed....thought them to be more gentle out of the dept. store carried lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
aureate said:
Whole Foods is interesting. At least I live near one and can try without fighting through Sephora traffic.

It's also interesting that some find Clarins over perfumed....thought them to be more gentle out of the dept. store carried lines.

they do market it as such because of the plant extracts. I just find them to have such strong scents.

Sometimes fragrance is used in products to mask the nasty odors of the plant extracts. Just because its natural or a plant doesnt mean its going to smell great. Actually, synethic ingrds. can be made to be scentless. So its usually the natural or plant extracts that give off a scent.

So a perfume or fragrance is added to mask that odor. But the scent/fragrance ususally disappears within a short time of applying to the skin, once the product is absorbed.

I just dont care for Clarins because of the scents that I smell in the bottles, and everything feels very heavy to me.

But that's just me.

It's totally understandable. I used Clarins because other 'natural' lines weren't available locally and I tried their sensitive skin line.
Got bored after time but it happens with me too many times.
I really loved YSL skincare I got at Bendels til they made my skin irritable too... I can only use the gentlest of them which is nearly nothing these days. :(
I am sooo bored with Dermalogica esp. the packaging...
And I don't think I will like Stella's line much either.

aureate said:
It's totally understandable. I used Clarins because other 'natural' lines weren't available locally and I tried their sensitive skin line.
Got bored after time but it happens with me too many times.
I really loved YSL skincare I got at Bendels til they made my skin irritable too... I can only use the gentlest of them which is nearly nothing these days. :(
I am sooo bored with Dermalogica esp. the packaging...
And I don't think I will like Stella's line much either.

Your skin sounds like mine....very sensitive to products. And Ive tried it all.

Ive had pretty good luck with YSL and Kiehls so far.

that's nice you can use ysl. i am scared to go there my skin will freak out.
fingers crossed, i am having better results with bioderma and embryolisse. had to try it after reading about it here.

^ it's out now on sephora.com... i was just checking it out - here's a link to the product page. i like to test and sample in person though (especially with a line so pricey), so i'm hesitant to buy anything yet. i'm thinking of getting the discovery set - small sizes of 4 different moisturizers. they look to be very small though. i haven't seen it in sephora stores yet though - but perhaps whole foods is stocking it now. :flower:

The March issue of Br. Vogue carries an article on Stella's line CARE
(Scanned by me)

Attachments

• stella CARE.jpg
    stella CARE.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 29
Ahh...I went to like three different Whole Foods this past weekend, looking for something totally different, and forgot to check this out.

is there any more news about this yet? Im currently using diorsnow pure and i dont really like it..im really anxious to try it

Has anyone actually used these products yet? Are they as good as what all of the magazines would lead me to believe? I like using natural products, as my skin is incredibly sensitive. My only problem is that none of the moisturizers contain SPF? What the hell, Stella?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->