Stella McCartney's new line : Care

I have tried it!

I am actually going back to buy some more of it tomorrow. I wrote a little bit on it in my blog along with some other organic skincare related things.Organic Skincare Article

As for what is good I like the Foaming Cleanser. Its one of those that comes out as an actual foam instead of as a gel or cream that foams. Its very nice. The 5 Benefits Moisturizing Cream is REALLY nice. I like how soft it makes my skin feel and its got a nice texture too.

Everything I've tried with this line is nice, on par with other high quality organic skincare lines.

Thanks Lux but does it make you breakout.. is there any spot treatment and prices? Thanks so much

I've got both the milky cleanser and the discovery sample kit, but I've only used the cleanser so far. It's great for taking off makeup, and it is mildly fragranced with a natural rose otto. It does not sting my eyes. It's nothing like Clarins or Decleor at all--their cleansers were always too perfumey and eye-reddening. It is terrifically expensive at $35 and I don't anticipate purchasing it again. One never knows, though, I might not be able to live without it, by some twisted logic.

As I've said, I haven't cracked open the sample kit, because trying 4 products at once is ill-advised. I did try the toner in store at Sephora, and it was lovely, too, but I've enough toners to use up as it is. I sampled the various serums and treatments there, and they're all very aromatherapeutic. I love the fragrance, which is more than just "fragrance", but some skins don't do well with many EO's.

There are three serums and the five-benefits cream or lotion. The serums focus on different skin issues--sensitivity, ageing, and two others which I've forgotten--oiliness? sagging? These are the pricier part of the range--$64US for the serums and $70 something for the 5 benefits cream or lotion (there are two formulations--I take it the cream is more emollient)

I don't think it has sunscreen because chemical sunscreens would wreck their organic rating, and adding too much mineral (zinc oxide and such) sunscreens would make the wearer chalky white.

Those in the US could do more cheaply and just as organically with Aubrey Organics or Pangea Organics, IMO. Perhaps in Europe the price point is not as ridiculous. The exchange is killing us here!

ive been using it for the past week and I absolutely love it! I use the purifying cleanser and the toner and the 5 benefits cream..it really makes my skin glow..

I have normal/combination skin...I break out occasionally but the Care line really gives an even tone to my skin..

UK Easy Living May 2007
Riding High
By Sarah Mower
Photograph by Annie Leibovitz

scanned by MMA

I don't quite understand why there are four parts. Do you need an "Elixir" and a moisturizer? Probs not. And while it's nice that it's all organic, I just generally don't understand this attitude that just because something's "natural" it's therefore good for you. And the fact that there is no sunscreen in any of the moisturizers or elixirs is straight up ignorant and dangerous.

The ad is adorable though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->