Style.com/Print Spring 2012 : Lindsey Wixson by Theo Wenner

Saskia's shot looks intriguing. It remnids me of early 90's so I want to see more for sure.

The cover has a very vintage vibe which I would normally like, but it doesn't manage to pull it off and Lindsey is no help in that area. If this is the style they are going for, make it more unique and choose a model who fits.
I'm not really sure about the magazine at all, but interested to have a look all the same.
Saskia's shot is a killer.

those three shots are amazing it's a big contrast to the cover which looks really bad the typography is not good imo

What differentiates their print magazine from their site? It's interesting that many new magazines today are digital, but Style.com is doing the opposite. I think a digital magazine that comprises of and edits down their contents published quarter would have been a better idea.

i believe AWE Magazine is another website-based company that has moved to print. needless to say this seems a little disappointing. They could have at least chosen a cast of models that didnt seem cliche

as far as I can see here, the only fucly is the cover, I bet inside is gonna be super maximal, specially for the graphic design, very british alike, but awesome, a very good try to enter to the ipad apps, they have one freebie, but if you want to charge, you better have a print mag to include more money in your bank accout.

Instead of buying a $20 magazine doesn't have much to offer, I prefer buying Harper's Bazaar Runway Report. My last issue was around $7

Hoping that it's a thick issue filled with a lot of content and great pictures from the Spring shows. I like that I'll get the chance to have them in print so quickly, as opposed to a magazine supplement, which can often be around $10 and are released long after the shows are over.

I just really hope the content isn't completely lackluster, especially when their masthead would hopefully be filled with a team that is so skilled in bringing in fresh design and editorial content online.

If it's just like online content then why bother reading the print version? I was hoping this would be a chance to further develop the style.com brand in ways which might not be available online. But at the moment I'm a bit disappointed. Hopefully when it's in stores and I can have a proper look at it then my opinion will change. Also, that's pretty pricy for a magazine which doesn't seem worth that amount.

it is NOT just online content. i bought the magazine last week on the newsstand. there are new editorials in the magazine. there's a feature on new models that also quotes about 6 people on TFS. :lol:

If it's quoting people from tfs, then I don't even need to visit style.com.

Hahaha, I love it that it quotes from tFS :P

I don't really judge this yet. I think it's an exciting move for style.com and even it's just the online content transferred to paper I wouldn't mind that. It's nice to have those lists we secretely all love archived on a book shelve. I am curious about the rest of the content and I hope it will become available outside the US so I can truly judge it.

I also hope it's better than it seems.
I pre-ordered it just because I was very curious of how would be this magazine, but it will take more 3 or 4 weeks to get here!

Saskia & Alaia
Saskia De Brauw by Kacper Kasprzyk

dnamodels

If it's quoting people from tfs, then I don't even need to visit style.com.

my partner was reading the magazine and i asked him his opinion on it as a whole, he said "i love it, there's a lot of empirical data here (they rank collections by page views etc.) there isnt a lot of content by random a**holes."

then i said "oh but there is commentary by random a**holes" - then i showed him the piece with the quotes from TFS.

:rofl:

the photography on a whole is really good, IMO. i like these editorials better than the ones in elle, bazaar etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone who pre-ordered the issue online got his or her copy? I still haven't got mine. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->