Teen Books

kissmesweet

Reaction score
Hey, I realized there's no thread on books for teens so here...
Here, post about your favorite teen books and reviews.. stuff like that.
Are there currently any good teen books or series?

I've read the A-List. It's amazing. And I've also read Gossip Girl, which is pretty great.

Any other books, I can read?

Both really rock! Ive got all the gossip girl books! Theyre so addictive

litchickuk said:
Both really rock! Ive got all the gossip girl books! Theyre so addictive

wow, thanks litchickuk. you're the first and only person who replied... lol

one book i love at i geuss it counts as a sort of teen book is 'I Capture the Castle' by Dodie Smith it is such an amazing book.

:lol: I think Gossip Girl is so trashy but I read it for fun

I love the Gossip Girl series but I stopped reading at Book #6, I think? It's just that I read really quickly (I finish a GG book in about 15 minutes) and I just don't think they're worth buying at about $15 each. (and honestly, once B and N finally slept together I felt the series was over ;p)

I recommend anything by Sophie Kinsella - the Shopaholic series, The Undomestic Goddess, and Can You Keep a Secret?

I wasn't a fan of the A-List but if you like diary-style books, The Princess Diaries are really cute. They're way better than the movies. Meg Cabot has some great stuff. Also, there's the Georgia Nicholson series (first book is called Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging) but I didn't really enjoy it too much.

I'm also a rock music fan and I enjoyed Rock My World. Apparently, it's part of a series so I'm planning to get the other ones, although they don't revolve around the same character, they all center around teen girls and rock music.

I used to read Gossip Girl and The A-List as soon as they came out, but I'm getting pretty tired of them.

I'm also kinda put off by the fact that the original author, Cecily von Ziegesar, will no longer be writing them.

peacelover142002 said:
I used to read Gossip Girl and The A-List as soon as they came out, but I'm getting pretty tired of them.

I'm also kinda put off by the fact that the original author, Cecily von Ziegesar, will no longer be writing them.

OHHH. actually, Cecily will still be writing the GG series!!! She's only CREATING the It Girl series with Jenny, but letting others write it for her. Sorta like the whole Sweet Valley High concept.

I love the A-List though. It's the best! :flower:

^^ Yeah, Sophie Kinsella is really good. The Undomestic Godess is really good and so is the Shopaholic collection...

I liked Princess Diaries, but I lost interest after the fourth book. There's #7 coming out though, I heard though. Personally, I think the Princess Diaries books are really overrated. I liked her Mediator series and All American Girl. But my favorite books by her are Teen Idol and Avalon High. Very creative and have a few twists at the end.

I've never heard of Rock My World. But next time I go to the store, I'm so getting them!

kissmesweet said:
OHHH. actually, Cecily will still be writing the GG series!!! She's only CREATING the It Girl series with Jenny, but letting others write it for her. Sorta like the whole Sweet Valley High concept.

No, she won't be writing Gossip Girl anymore either. She said so in June Vanity Fair. The 10th book is the first she didn't write.

i never knew sweet valley was written by different authors :blink:

and yes, gossip girl is so trashy, but sooooo fun :P

Some teen books to be released sometime this year or next:

• The Girl of Lost Things - Anne Brashares (Author of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) - June 6
  • Gossip Girl #10: Would I Lie To You
  • Cecily von Ziegesar (October 4)
  • The A-List #7: American Beauty - Zoey Dean (September 6)
  • Shopaholic and Baby - Sophie Kinsella (February 27)

Last edited by a moderator:
peacelover142002 said:

• The Girl of Lost Things - Anne Brashares (Author of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) - June 6

OMG!!! I LOVE ANNE BRASHARES!!! She's soo great!
Can't wait for GG either! Nor can I wait for the next A-List and Sophaholic!!! The last Shopaholic was like released the beginning of last year!

peacelover142002 said:

Shopaholic! YES!!! :woot:

gossipgirl i used to love those books i used to get them in america didnt realise they were more widely available now .. how many are there now ??

A new Shopaholic book? OMG. Must buy.

I believe they're on the ninth Gossip Girl book by now. They're really quick, easy reads. :smile:

I remember seeing the 10th on shelves a couple of weeks ago...

I've just read Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes - yes! the contributing editor to Vogue!

i liked it. each chapter was a bit too long, but the book's really good

^ I love that book too!

A good one: Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld. such such such a good read I couldn't recommend it more!!

The Shopaholic books are wonderful, as is The Truth About Diamonds by Nicole Richie..her writing isn't perfect so it's hard to understand at some parts, but it's still an entertaining read.

Catcher in the Rye....a classic.

Definitely check out the book suggestions article in Teen Vogue or Elle Girl, they always have the best. Books with a combination of teen/girly fun with something interesting and stimulating.

i actually read Prep back in January. I found it quite good. But some parts were a bit boring and haha... the names were funny. Cross Sugarman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->