50 Book Challenge for 2011

Bonbonenata

Reaction score
You may heard about 50 book challenge. It's around for years. I did't find thread about it and I think it will be interesting. There's livejournal community about it..

What is 50 book Challenge? Simply - your goal is to read 50 books for 1 year.

For book worms it's not a big deal, but let's face it - most of us don't read that much and we need motivation. I think a challenge is wonderful way to motivate!

My idea:
Everyone who wants should join with post. Then participants have to post a small reviews for every read book and count them. I will make a list that includes names of participants and number of read book so far. Like this:

Bonbonenata - 12 books

It's not challenge between people, it's challenge to yourself!

What would you say? :P

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds awesome! Count me in! I've always wanted to read 50 books in a year and maybe this will finally motivate me. :smile:

I'm in too! I need motivation, I used to read a lot when I was younger but for some reason, I can't even get around choosing what to read these days.. this will hopefully keep me compromised. :ninja::lucky:

Ohhh, me too, I'm in! I've tried doing this for the last two years but I rarely make it to 20 :ninja: At least this way maybe I'll feel the pressure of keeping up with everyone else :P

I'm in too. Sounds fun, I used to read a lot but nowadays I watch more movies.

50? wow,i love reading but i dunno if i can get in quite that many. i'll try and give it a go. does that include poetry too or strictly literature?

I will have a try. 50 books is pretty much. I have so much to do all week long and I read really slow. But I try. I´m in!

I will definitely get right into this Bonbonenata!
I don't think I'll post everything because I read
a lot of Technical Jargon Textbooks but everything
else will count for the Challenge.

Maybe I'll put as my signature something like;
[ 50-BOOK CHALLENGE | READING; Reading for Dummies | COMPLETED; 0 ]

That'll keep me going. :blush:

does that include poetry too or strictly literature?
I hope it includes it cause I'm going to read poetry! :wink:
I think if it's a Book of Individual Poems like say 'Lyrical Ballads' by Wordsworth or a 'Selected Poems of...' it counts but an individual small or medium length poem would make it a little too easy to get to 50.

^I think poetry counts if you are reading a book of individual poems but for the most part a single poem would be hard to count as one book(well.... unless you are reading the Odyssey or something. Then I would have to say, that should count as two! lol). :smile:

Yeah, poetry books are counted. I propose to count every book over 100 pages.
I also like the Toccata's idea for signatures.

People, don't be scared to join! We will not eat anybody who won't read everything. Btw I bet you can do it! B)

I am definitely in! I think once a month or so we should all check in and update with how many books we've read, and what we're reading etc. It is a lot of books to get through (close to a book a week) but it's possible if you're determined enough!

I setup my signature, if it's okay
I hope others would like to use it;
I think it's a great way for us to follow
each others progress, find out about books,
and spread the word to other members.

I'll join!

I'm one of those that used to be a bookwarm, but nowadays am too damn distracted by the internet and TV.

I have so many unread books laying around, so I think I need to do this. :lol:

I think I'll join too even if I don't think I will achieve this challenge.
50 books for a year, it means 1 book each week.
Then again, it depends on the book. It's not the same if it's a novel by Dostoievski or a novel by Houellebecq. The second can be read through a week end.

That means nearly one book a week.
I read pretty fast, I just lack motivation, but when I do find it, I read two books a day!!!

I'm IN!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->