Book Challenge 2015

Belowen

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
New year, new book challenge thread!

What are your reading goals for 2015? I've decided not to aim for a certain number, as I want to take things a bit easier this year. Nevertheless, I'll still be tracking what I read and reviewing books as I go.

01) The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
02) The Night Listener by Armistead Maupin

I finished 56 last year so I want to lower my goal a little bit this year. I hope to read 40-45 books this year since I already read so many books that I want to borrow from the library, but I'll keep looking for great books.

New challenge. I'll keep around 40 this time. I want to have enough time for thick books and do some serious studying. :mrgreen:

01. Artemis by Jean Shinoda Bolen

Last edited by a moderator:
New year, new challenge! Everyone post your reading goals for this year! Thank you for all that participate.

This year because of nursing school's heavy work load I am trying for 10 books :blush:

1. Dance with Dragons - George RR Martin

Shooting for 25 books this year.

Currently - Wild: From Lost to Found On the Pacific Coast Trail by Cheryl Strayed

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first time in a book challenge thread so I am going set my goal at 25 books this year. Last year I only managed to complete 16, which is kind of disappointing because I love to read but just didn't manage to find the time for it.

Looking forward to also getting some good book ideas from this thread! ^_^

1) Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

I'll aim for 35.
Just finished (and enjoyed) I am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to Be Your Class President by Josh Lieb.

I'm so in this year! I've only read 20 last year and didn't get to post in the 2014 challenge thread. I'll aim for 30 this time, we'll see how it goes.

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - read it in two days basically, was not a big fan. I don't get what all the hype is about. Too much drama, I couldn't connect with either of the characters, even though the author did try his best to make that happen, the writing style wasn't my thing. I've just watched the movie and liked it so much more TBH. Gave it 3 stars on goodreads.

Yay, new book challenge! I'm going to read around 15 this year. Low amount, but it's because I'm terribly busy with school. I got a lot of new books for Christmas this year, and because I'm on break and traveling I'll have a lot of time for now.

Now Currently Reading:

1. When You Think You're Not Enough: The Four Life Changing Steps to Loving Yourself by Daphne Rose Kingma
2. Its About Time! The Six Styles of Procrastination and How To Overcome Them by Dr.Linda Sapadin and Jack Maguire

I'm not sure yet about my goal, because I have not idea how many finished last year, I know I don't have much time to read what I like, so I'm starting at 20. If I see I can make it better, I guess I'll change for a higher number.

For now, only finished this:

1. Not this kind of girl, by Lena Dunham.

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
2. Shopaholic on Honeymoon by Sophie Kinsella - read 'Shopaholic to the stars' last year, this started off better but was way too short.
3. Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen - LOVED IT! It was even better than the movie and I really like the movie too. Pictured the main characters as Winona and Angie so it was very exciting.
4. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - it was surprisingly good. Will defenitely read the other two books in the series.
5. Through the Woods by Emily Carroll - graphic novels aren't really my thing but this one was wonderful. Beautiful and creepy.
6. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin - such a heartwarming story. Made me think about a lot of things even though at the first sight it wasn't something very special.

Staring the challenge for the first time too, I am a slow reader, but i always enjoy reading so I am really aiming to get back into the habit.

1) Orlando - Virginia Woolf - first novel I have read by Woolf, very eager to read more!

I'm going for 30 this year as I usually do...

1. The Hobbit, by JRR Tolkien

01) The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
02) The Night Listener by Armistead Maupin

03) Astonish Me by Maggie Shipstead
04) The Martian by Andy Weir

I'll aim for 35 books this year. Reading used to be such a big part of my life until law school came along (then my beloved novels were replaced by textbooks, cases and legislation). Now that I've settled into full time work in the industry I have more time to immerse myself in a good book when I get home from the office and on weekends etc.

Just finished: Still Alice by Lisa Genova (finished it in two sittings).

Currently reading: The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami (3 chapters in).

1. Not that kind of girl by Lena Dunham
2. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

1. Blink - Malcolm Gladwell
2. Dance with Dragons - George RR Martin
3. The Alchemist _ Paulo Coelho

1. The Hobbit, by JRR Tolkien
2. The Fellowship of the Ring, by JRR Tolkien
3. The Two Towers, by JRR Tolkien

no number; i'll just do what i can do.

1. gilead - marilynne robinson

this was a letdown for me. i liked it but overall i couldn't believe it won the pulitzer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->