Book Challenge 2014

heelscatchfire

Reaction score
Seeing as there is some good discussion about 2014's reading in the 2013 thread, I figured it was a good time to start 2014's Book Challenge thread! Post your goals and recommendations! :flower:

Errrrm, I feel I always overestimate myself when it comes to books, I only read 6 or 7 this year when I was hoping for at least ten

Maybe I'll go for 12, a book per month

I'm going for 35 for now. I'll see how much fuel I've got as time goes. I already started my first book. It's fiction and it seems sweet and funny.

01. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

My main is to finish the Game of Thrones books, largely as they belong to my brother so at some point he'll want them back.

I can read a book in a week but lets be realistic, I won't want to read everyday of the year. So I'll say 25 books.

I am once again going for 30 but this year I doubt I can make it, as I will have a lot in hands... ^_^

I want to read all the Game of Thrones novels as well, but I'm reading each book before its season. So it is all still fresh in my mind. First book of the year!

1. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - JRR Tolkien

I want to repeat my achievement from the last year, so I aim for 50 again :D

Currently reading:

1. The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Milan Kundera
2. The Casual Vacancy - J.K. Rowling

I'm back in school and it's really cutting into my reading time. I'm aiming for 15 this year, hopefully I get through more.

1.) Twenty Letters To A Friend by Svetlana Alliluyeva

I'm going for 25 books this year. I only read 22 in 2013 so hopefully I can meet my goal this year! :flower:

01: A Tap On The Window by Linwood Barclay

I managed 15 books in 2013, so I'll go for 20 this year.

My favorites last year were:
- The Bed I Made by Lucie Whitehouse
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin

I only read 17 books last year, but at least that's more than I read in 2012 :lol: I'm aiming for at least 20 this year, maybe even 25 :P
happy reading everyone!

My goal for 2013 was 40 books, I managed to read 50 but that's only due to the fact that most books weren't that large and I did the most part of my reading in the first half of the year and in august too. After school started in September I didn't manage to read that much. I'll aim for 40 this year too but I'm pretty sure I won't manage to read that much. Maybe I can count Gray's anatomy as 20 books, this book is massive!

I set my goal for 40 last year, and ended up reading 176 books, so....

I'm going to shoot for 75, because this is going to be a busy year for me, but I'm still a huge bookworm.

So far, finished 3, working on 3 more:

1. American Pastoral by Philip Roth
  2. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
  3. Ooh La La!: French Women's Secrets to Feeling Beautiful Every Day by Jamie Cat Callan
  4. Daily Rituals: How Artists Work by Mason Currey
  5. The Inimitable Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse
  6. The Perfectly Imperfect Home by Deborah Needleman

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->