Teen Vogue Volume #4 : Hillary Rodham Clinton by Quentin Jones

Benn98

Reaction score
Final print issue, guest edited by Hillary Clinton. Artwork is by Quentin Jones.

Wintour stole all their teen stars and gave this one in return? LOL What is she doing on the cover of a teen mag?

I will be getting this not because I ever cared for TeenVogue, but because the cult of Hillary always intrigued me. Plus I heard she had a very hands-on approach editing this issue - overseeing features, edits, the lot, to match what she thinks teen girls should be reading, while showing her more private side. It makes more sense to me that she's guest editing TeenVogue instead of grown-up Vogue.

Wintour stole all their teen stars and gave this one in return? LOL What is she doing on the cover of a teen mag?

Teenagers are allowed to take an interest in more than just superficial issues.

Love this!
Love HRC!
This will be the first issue of Teen Vogue I'll buy.

That is one fugly cover but I will buy this to add to my coveted first issue of teenVOGUE still in the wrapper ( I went and bought a newsstand issue also cuz I was that stoked about teenVOGUE's launch and fashion magazines in general).

With that said it would've been more impactful had they not reserved this out of the box concept for it's Final Print Issue (a term which pains me increasingly so in this ever digital age).

and instead of

"nevertheless,
WE RESIST"

I think

"nevertheless,
WE PERSIST"

would've made for a more uplifting, unifying, empowering rallying call.

I love this. Yup. Definitely buying.

This has Anna Wintour written all over it, it seems? I love it, but its such an odd choice for them. And I love how it's not an actual photo of her on the cover.

Mark my words. Hillary's getting a Vogue cover.

This is embarrassing and pathetic.
Happy she got a job though.

Hillary gets a Teen Vogue cover
And Melania, the style Icon, didn't get her Vogue cover all year :stuart:

Lol, they ran the magazine into the ground by turning away from teen fashion to some kind of social agenda monthly, so I guess it only makes sense that they would double down even more for the last issue.

Lol, they ran the magazine into the ground by turning away from teen fashion to some kind of social agenda monthly, so I guess it only makes sense that they would double down even more for the last issue.

THIS!! So tired of the way fashion magazines try to cash-in on identity politics, feminism and other social matters. Please stop :rolleyes:

THIS!! So tired of the way fashion magazines try to cash-in on identity politics, feminism and other social matters. Please stop :rolleyes:

Stick to fashion is basically the same as saying stay in the kitchen...

Teen Vogue has always been about more than fashion, not sure why it's content is suddenly an issue for some people now.

Teen Vogue has always been about more than fashion, not sure why it's content is suddenly an issue for some people now.

So true! Having read numerous interviews with Elaine, I must say that she always seemed very earnest about the magazine's direction and causes. I do think people may be a bit over it because Allure and Glamour followed suit to the extent that you cannot differentiate between the three, but TeenVogue was always about social issues. The brand churned out a huge neutral voting drive around the time of the election. And unlike Vogue, TeenVogue never publicly endorsed anyone, rather opting to highlight social pros and cons attached to political parties. Many of their (digital) election features gained as much traction as stuff from NYTimes, The Atlantic etc etc, so maybe TeenVogue did had an impact on the roughly 50% turnout (that's 50% of the overall youth group, 18-29, in US) at last year's election.

If only we had a TeenVogue in the UK, maybe we wouldn't have had silly excuses such as 'we didn't know about Brexit until this (voting) morning.'

She had her moment. Time to move on. Game over. She's the perfect subject for this doomed magazine.

I really like this. I don't think they ran the magazine into the ground. I will still keep online platform and I think it's very smart to cut costs on print edition if it's not bringing any money. It's very refreshing to see how Teen Vogue has evolved and bring more than fashion to teen culture. And they have been into this direction for years but most aggressively during the last presidential election. And the traffic on their website is doing even better.

And actually they understand the younger consumer market very well here. These people want to be 'woke' and they care more than fashion and clothes.

Being 'woke' IS the fashion and the expression of it thrives online. It's a natural process for people to work their way through ideas as they move forward in life, getting passionately involved and then casting off various beliefs and causes, and never before have people had access - at their fingertips - to the ocean of disposable ideas that we now see online.

First of all, speak for yourself. And please keep your political opinions to yourself. This isn’t the appropriate website for it.

Anyway, lovely cover. I’m definitely interested.

Oh so I can't say if it's a good choice of a person to be put on the cover apparently. What's the point of a magazine would that be? And did I really bring anything severely political at all? You are looking at Hilary Clinton you know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->