tFS Fashion illustrations ... Please read Post #1 before posting your drawings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clay--always a pleasure to see your work!!! BTW-what happened with the job offers?

To Purechris

Well everrything is as it is. No solid offer yet, still waiting to hear from anybody. Just had another interview today. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for asking and thanks for the appreciation! :flower:

My Vietnamese traditional dress : " Ao Dai" illustrations

Attachments

• Resize of Resize of Resize of 9.jpg
    Resize of Resize of Resize of 9.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,005
  • Resize of Resize of Resize of 10.jpg
    Resize of Resize of Resize of 10.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Resize of Resize of Resize of 12.jpg
    Resize of Resize of Resize of 12.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Resize of Resize of Resize of 14.jpg
    Resize of Resize of Resize of 14.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Resize of Resize of 8.jpg
    Resize of Resize of 8.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Resize of Resize of Resize of 13.jpg
    Resize of Resize of Resize of 13.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,000
Last edited by a moderator:
my hiphhop style illustrations!

Attachments

• Resize of Resize of 5.jpg
    Resize of Resize of 5.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Resize of Resize of 4.jpg
    Resize of Resize of 4.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Resize of Resize of 3.jpg
    Resize of Resize of 3.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Resize of Resize of 2.jpg
    Resize of Resize of 2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Resize of Resize of 6.jpg
    Resize of Resize of 6.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Resize of Resize of 7.jpg
    Resize of Resize of 7.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 10
I'm really horrible with sketching (although I'm a perfectionist and find everything I do to be atrocious while other people find it great), I just have trouble putting the gorgeous creations I have in my mind on paper, so I'll write out a description in the hopes that you all can visualize it. :flower:

Here goes:

Thin, black, almost see-through collared shirt, slim fitting with a black tie that has a very light luster to it, a relatively thin tie. It contrasts with the shirt because of the materials used. The shirt's fabric is dull while the fabric of the tie has a very subtle luster. On top of that there is a thin, black blazer...very slim fitting, but with a sort of loose look to it because of the form of the opening in the front of the jacket. The jacket is of a dull fabric (When I say dull I don't mean it's boring, I mean it doesn't reflect light) This outfit is both formal and slightly "shaggy",the "shagginess" comes from the look of the jacket, because the shirt and the tie have a sleeker, more formal look. Now, here comes something more original, I don't know if you all will like it, but if you visualize it the way I do you might - the jacket is tucked in. It has a different bottom than regular blazers to allow it to be tucked in so it doesn't look like you stuffed toilet paper in your pants. There is a belt, it is made of black nappa leather, it's sort of thin and lightly, very lightly, crinkled with a silver buckle. Apart from the crackling, it's pretty sleek and clean cut with a square, bold buckle, like that of an airplane seat. Then there is a slim cut pair of black pants in the same fabric as the jacket. The pants have a tight legs as well as slim fitting on the waist. Last, but certainly not least, a pair of black leather boots with a silver zip on the sides as well as straps on the top with small silver buckles on the side. Accesories include a thin, flat platinum ring (flat as in not rounded like most rings) and a pair of black aviator sunglasses. The sunglasses are very simple, they don't have the "nouveau riche" look that seeminly all celebrities now carry. They're just simple and elegant.

There you go, try and visualize:P.

Arturo21 said:
I'm really horrible with sketching (although I'm a perfectionist and find everything I do to be atrocious while other people find it great), I just have trouble putting the gorgeous creations I have in my mind on paper, so I'll write out a description in the hopes that you all can visualize it. :flower:

Here goes:

Thin, black, almost see-through collared shirt, slim fitting with a black tie that has a very light luster to it, a relatively thin tie. It contrasts with the shirt because of the materials used. The shirt's fabric is dull while the fabric of the tie has a very subtle luster. On top of that there is a thin, black blazer...very slim fitting, but with a sort of loose look to it because of the form of the opening in the front of the jacket. The jacket is of a dull fabric (When I say dull I don't mean it's boring, I mean it doesn't reflect light) This outfit is both formal and slightly "shaggy",the "shagginess" comes from the look of the jacket, because the shirt and the tie have a sleeker, more formal look. Now, here comes something more original, I don't know if you all will like it, but if you visualize it the way I do you might - the jacket is tucked in. It has a different bottom than regular blazers to allow it to be tucked in so it doesn't look like you stuffed toilet paper in your pants. There is a belt, it is made of black nappa leather, it's sort of thin and lightly, very lightly, crinkled with a silver buckle. Apart from the crackling, it's pretty sleek and clean cut with a square, bold buckle, like that of an airplane seat. Then there is a slim cut pair of black pants in the same fabric as the jacket. The pants have a tight legs as well as slim fitting on the waist. Last, but certainly not least, a pair of black leather boots with a silver zip on the sides as well as straps on the top with small silver buckles on the side. Accesories include a thin, flat platinum ring (flat as in not rounded like most rings) and a pair of black aviator sunglasses. The sunglasses are very simple, they don't have the "nouveau riche" look that seeminly all celebrities now carry. They're just simple and elegant.

There you go, try and visualize:P.
if its what i am visualizing in my mind right now i love it it!:flower:

why not try and draw pictures and post them im sure they will look as good as your descriptions!:flower:

collages

i've posted the ink & paper illustrations that I do plenty here, but if you missed em & care, you can check out my site. thought you guys might like some fashion collages added to the mix, this is a bit of an obsession for me- i have several look-books stuffed with em :P i don't usually post em on my site cuzz some folks think they're creepy & i don't know why i feel compelled to make em. it's mostly just for me...
(WOAH- these are huge!.. just gonna post links)
http://www.iluvkoshi.com/sept2004/images/two.jpg
http://www.iluvkoshi.com/sept2004/images/four.jpg
http://www.iluvkoshi.com/sept2004/images/twelvetop.jpg

cowboyboots said:
please do and share!:flower:

I will do so, I need to get back home from the break, I have a plane to catch tomorrow... and I'll post them soon :wink:

clay, your work is really cool. i wish i could do what you are doing. i only have pen and paper and everytime i post my work it looks so bland compared to what i see in my head. the very best of luck to you. :D

i've put my sketches here

http://thesweetest.fateback.com/

Arturo21 cant wait to see it if its the same as i imagined it:flower:

luvkoshi i love your style vey individual:woot:

Alejandro cant wait to see them:flower:

TheSweetest love your style and many of the dresses you have designed:flower:

theres some very talented people here thanx all for sharing!:flower:

TheSweetest said:
clay, your work is really cool. i wish i could do what you are doing. i only have pen and paper and everytime i post my work it looks so bland compared to what i see in my head. the very best of luck to you. :D

Wow, just wow....you seriously have potential :blush: :flower:

TheSweetest did you draw them on the computer? they look really good i like the ones on the second page :smile:

Thanx everyone. I didn't draw them on the computer. I sketch them then trace them with a pen. I scanned all those last early this morning and put them on that site. They are old. I will change them out with newer ones later. :flower:

TheSweetest said:

Sweetest, let me just say I looked at your web page and boy am I impressed!!! You must have 8 collections in there! That is really awesome.
You have the design and figures down perfectly with your own style which I think is great! You know the objective is let others as well as yourself see what will come out, and you do it beautifully. If you want to add color and texture I think pencils and marker are great for your sketching style. However since your sketches are clean like mine( before the color) it would be no problem for you put color and texture in with Adobe Illustrator which is what I use. It has a PC or Mac version. It really is simple, a few lessons and you will be off and running. But I love your illustrations already. If you have some with color in them I would love to see, so please post some!! You really do have
talent already. You head is full to the brim I can see! Keep up the good work!
And FYI, I have been working on my art all my life and I am still not as good as many others here at TFS and in the industry, but we all make our way. I love it and will continue to try to improve myself.

Happy sketching!!! :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meineri
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->