Aspiring Fashion Designers Lookbook, Post your Work. (See Post #1 before posting.)

hedonist

Reaction score
Moderators' Note:

This thread is for aspiring fashion designers who wish to share drawings or photos of things they have actually designed or are in the process of designing.

Please remember that you may not "sell" anything via the Fashion Spot, per the Community Rules. Please do not quote prices or solicit sales in this thread. The moderators will remove any posts that look like selling or promotion of a commercial site.

If you are illustrating things that have been designed by other people, are an aspiring illustrator or merely practicing illustrating fashion there is another thread for that: tFS Fashion illustrations ... Please read Post #1 before posting your drawings.

Hi, I don't even think I can consider myself a designer yet, but I'm an 18 year old aspiring designer among other things and recently launched my site and online store for my new label. I was wondering what people who knew a lot more about fashion than me thought of it. Currently there are only two tees available, since I didn't have that much capital to start with but they're both printed in limited edition(10 of each size) and on high quality garments from Gaziani and American Apparel. Since I'm just starting out my prices are super low at $13 and $15. Do you guys think I'll grow and get anywhere? Thanks in advance for any feedback. Here's one of the designs.
transcendth.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome, the hedonist. so far we haven't allowed any self promotion but we noticed that i can hardly be fair to have a fashion forum where young designers are not able to share and discuss their work ... so please go ahead everyone ... spam will of course still not be permitted.

i like it, even if you got much competition (threadless, squidh, punkstore and other teeprints retailers) i think you can do fine, especially with that price.

i could definitely motivate a purchase, what print do you use?

They are printed using screenprinting. None of that non-lasting heat transfer cafepress stuff. If you want to get one visit the link in my profile.

good for you! I think your prices are a little low considering the quality and the fact that it's a limited edition. The prints are cute. good luck:flower:

i also agree, the price is a little low for a limited edition. People that buy limited edition dont like very cheap as it makes them think its gonna get over saturated
Great design tho!

I'm only charging $15 for now to get the name out thee.Once it get's going, I'm going to raise the prices a bit to probably about $25 but you can't really charge that when your company is about 2 months old and virtually unknown.

i think what your doing with the price is really smart. You've got talent...i want to see more!

hedonist said:
I'm only charging $15 for now to get the name out thee.Once it get's going, I'm going to raise the prices a bit to probably about $25 but you can't really charge that when your company is about 2 months old and virtually unknown.

I agree with some earlier posters, going out with a lower price-point is sometimes a bad idea... Even if you're unknown. A higher price can make people view it as more exclusive and therefore automatically more attractive...

$25 is still a very low price for a quality printed, limited edition t-shirt...

i don't think the prices have much to do with this...we're just all used to paying a zillion dollars for things! lolz!

I don't really think it'd be right to charge extremely high prices for shirts... Once you get into charging 30+ for a shirt, you're just ripping people off( unless the quality of that shirt is godly or it's a shirt made especially for that one customer)

Check my creations!

Hi everyone! :wink:

I`m graduating in fashion in august, and this is my graduation collection...

I`d like a few opinions about it, so I can improve my work!

Tks a lot!!

Attachments

• Saramenor.jpg
    Saramenor.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Camilamenor.jpg
    Camilamenor.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 71
  • look3.jpg
    look3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 47
  • look1a.jpg
    look1a.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 44
thats cool. what is your inspiration. i really like it. what school are you graduating from?

Qtinez7 said:
thats cool. what is your inspiration. i really like it. what school are you graduating from?

^_^ My inspiration was Shakespeare's play Midsummer's night dream!

I`m graduating in a public university here in Brazil, called Udesc. It`s a famous institution here...

I took a 5 years course in fashion stylism and in september, if everything works out fine, i`ll be moving to Paris, to study even more!

:flower:

Www.souvenirstudio.co.uk

Hey people,

I have recently put together a new label with a friend, and I'm looking at getting some feedback/opinions on what we have done.

www.souvenirstudio.co.uk

All comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Simon.

Wow wow wow wow!! :woot:
I love it, brilliant! Congratulations :woot:
I love the tshirts, so simple but :woot:

I love the photography too, this picture is just amazing...
05.jpg

[souvenirstudio]

When I start posting on my blog again, Im going to do a post on this...fantastic :woot:

Its made my day ^_^

excellent job there Simon, thanks for bringing this in

i like the ambiance and the attitude :cool:

Juliana Ozol said:
Hi everyone! :wink:

I`m graduating in fashion in august, and this is my graduation collection...

I`d like a few opinions about it, so I can improve my work!

Tks a lot!!

Fantastic work I'd say, absolutly perfect huni ^_^ it reminds me of chinese culture in a way mixed with british, well done I love it :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelliewillshowuhowitsdone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->