Aspiring Fashion Designers Lookbook, Post your Work. (See Post #1 before posting.)

Thank you!!!!

Thanks for the comments people!

We've got a double page in next months Grafik magazine (out end of June) so look out for us then if you can.

Si.

Although i don't have any experience in the fashion biz, i think the best the best thing you can do when your small, is start really simple, too many young designers want to start to doing high end clothes right away. Although i don't like tommy hilfiger, he's actually an inspiration for young designers who want to become successful because he started out selling and practically giving away tee-shirts just to get some recognition, so keep up the good work!!!!!:D

juliana ozol: where is shakespeare????? i don't see him in your collection!!!

hedonist i love the shirt. looks kind of 80's surfer. in a good way! :smile: i can't wait to see the rest of your work.
<3

mizell said:
Hey people,

I have recently put together a new label with a friend, and I'm looking at getting some feedback/opinions on what we have done.

www.souvenirstudio.co.uk

All comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Simon.

I love the presentation! It's very refreshing.
Not to mention the fact you have Changi Airport as your background ^_^

However, the size of the fonts are a little small- I had to enlarge it in Firefox to read the text properly...did anyone else have this problem or is it purely my computer? :unsure:

Aesthetically I can see the appeal of smaller fonts, but it shouldn't interfere with the site experience :flower:

Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum, just about to finish my fashion course in Scotland. These are 2 of my finished designs, any comments are welcome, thanks :smile:
garment1.jpg

thefunkykitten said:
Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum, just about to finish my fashion course in Scotland. These are 2 of my finished designs, any comments are welcome, thanks :smile:
WOW! i love those outfits..great work well done :flower:

I'm only just starting my fashion and textiles course at college, but here are a few sketches(I have made a wedding dress which I will post soon as I get a photo:(
fashion2.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

fashion.jpg

fashin3.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

Hope you like them :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
innovative work Juliana, my faves are the 2nd and 4th dresses, the colour and fabrics you used also perfectly bring out the garments. Maybe if you could introduce a bit of shine, i dunno but its just a thought.
Mizell great site, brilliant work too! the presentation is also off the hoozle!though if you are also targetting people that are not that much artistic or those that dont see things quickly, you may want to increase on the size of the fonts especially the ones for the links at the top and also the ones at the bottom. Or do somethin to them to make them more noticeable. If someone is impatient they may miss some of the words.

love the way you have made those typically militaristic fabrics and colours cute and playful yet sexy funky kitten.
Lucie can't wait for the gown.

hedonist said:
I'm only charging $15 for now to get the name out thee.Once it get's going, I'm going to raise the prices a bit to probably about $25 but you can't really charge that when your company is about 2 months old and virtually unknown.
i think it's hard to go from a low price to a higher one...

Juliana, yr dress are so prettyyyyyyyy! :flower:

mizell....

great site and great tees...
i do agree-the font needs to be a bit bigger imo....
also the 'previous/next' buttons.....would make it easier to browse....

your tags up the top (about souvenir, the collection, lookbook, etc) might be a bit bigger....
have you thought of making them red, perhaps?....or another bold colour....it would go with your simple & striking aesthetic but might make them 'pop' a bit more.....as they sit, i think they look more like insignificant detail than important info about your business.....

i love the photography.....and adore that you have a little blurb on what inspired each design.....
i find that really appealing personally....

keep up the great work!!!....best of luck......:flower:

I'm really impressed by Mizell's website. It's so arty and imaginative. I agree with adorefaith about the blurb. It really adds something. And I love the idea of the Tshirts telling a kind of story despite the designs being deceptively simple. awesome stuff.

mizell - i adore the photographs in your collection..i would love to get a hold of your lookbook

but the font on your site is dreadful...i cant read anything..the text is really small..maybe it's just my comp?

edit: i think the site can be better! =)

im just starting to make my portfolio site

Last edited by a moderator:
tFS Fashion Design Sketches Central

is there a section or thread for fashion students to post their designs (drawing) for others to critic or comment on?

i know there's the fasion illustration thread..but i feel it's more about illustrations instead of the clothes

when i drew some designs..i want to see how people react to them..and see if my experiment worked or not..but i cant find a right place to do this

^you're right...i don't think there is a thread. this can certainly be it. i can rename i and put it in the according spot.:flower:

haha..i was looking for my thread in the feedback section XD but i couldnt find it
thanks pastry!
yay! now i can post my men's wear stuff (that i did for fun and liking for men's wear) and get comments on them XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->