The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betina: Not sure which chocolate to get? Foolproof plan: Get Both. Never made me sad:D

I made my purchases for May, finally! I hadn't bought anything this month yet, though I did really like this white waistcoat in Zara, it was really beautiful ... I finally decided against it, because in the summer it will probably be too hot for it (it's quite thick) and I wouldn't end up wearing it. It was beautiful though!

What I ended up purchasing was a pair of boyfriend jeans from ASOS, which I had pondered for a while. I don't normally wear jeans, but I forgot to mention in my previous post that I managed to kick my habit of only wearing skirts! I am now the proud owner of two pairs of trousers, which I actually wear a lot, and I love them. So I decided to order the jeans, if they don't look good on me, they will go back. :wink:

Also got a denim shirt from ASOS as recommended by Betina, and I agree with her - it's very versatile. I think I will wear it a lot, as I did my previous ones (they both bit the dust recently).

Also got a pair of long denim shorts, which I really really like and hope they will fit me. I don't feel confident enough to wear shorter shorts, and I think these are easier to dress up. I plan on pairing them with a blouse and boyfriend blazer, I think it will look great. :heart:

I got two jewelry items, a pair of turquoise earrings (which will add a pop of colour) and some rings, that can be worn on the upper part of the finer (I love that look).

Then I might get two sheer blouses to wear in the summer. You may wonder why I'm shopping so much, but I've decluttered my wardrobe and not much has stayed, plus my weight has shifted and a lot of my favourite clothes don't look so good on me anymore. :( But that's okay!

What I really need now is a pair of summer shoes, possibly one that can transition from day to night, because I really don't want to get two pairs. I would love a nice pair of wedges, but I have yet to find some that I like. If you have any recommendations, please send them my way. :flower:

I made my purchases for May, finally! I hadn't bought anything this month yet, though I did really like this white waistcoat in Zara, it was really beautiful ... I finally decided against it, because in the summer it will probably be too hot for it (it's quite thick) and I wouldn't end up wearing it. It was beautiful though!

What I ended up purchasing was a pair of boyfriend jeans from ASOS, which I had pondered for a while. I don't normally wear jeans, but I forgot to mention in my previous post that I managed to kick my habit of only wearing skirts! I am now the proud owner of two pairs of trousers, which I actually wear a lot, and I love them. So I decided to order the jeans, if they don't look good on me, they will go back. :wink:

Also got a denim shirt from ASOS as recommended by Betina, and I agree with her - it's very versatile. I think I will wear it a lot, as I did my previous ones (they both bit the dust recently).

Also got a pair of long denim shorts, which I really really like and hope they will fit me. I don't feel confident enough to wear shorter shorts, and I think these are easier to dress up. I plan on pairing them with a blouse and boyfriend blazer, I think it will look great. :heart:

I got two jewelry items, a pair of turquoise earrings (which will add a pop of colour) and some rings, that can be worn on the upper part of the finer (I love that look).

Then I might get two sheer blouses to wear in the summer. You may wonder why I'm shopping so much, but I've decluttered my wardrobe and not much has stayed, plus my weight has shifted and a lot of my favourite clothes don't look so good on me anymore. :( But that's okay!

What I really need now is a pair of summer shoes, possibly one that can transition from day to night, because I really don't want to get two pairs. I would love a nice pair of wedges, but I have yet to find some that I like. If you have any recommendations, please send them my way. :flower:

Clever decission regarding the waistcoat. Some items will just not work no matter how badly you want them to.

Congrats on starting to wear trousers again! I am not good at doing that neither. I am really happy about my grey jeans though. Looking forward to hear how you like the boyfriend jeans. Think they will be very nice with a girly blouse and your leather vest.

Generally sounds like you made some good investments. Looking forward to hear how they turn out. And I do not think it is an issue purchasing more items at once as long as you stay focused.

What kind of shoes are you looking for? Sandals? Heeled? Flat? Please let me know and I will come up with a few ideas :smile:

------------------

Looking for boots for Juliette I managed to tempt myself, and I am now considering a pair of Isabel Marant Dicker-like boots. Same colour as the ones shown below or something taupe. I think they would look great with full skirts, e.g. worn with my white broderie anglaise skirt, bare legs and a denim shirt/sweater for summer and a tight dress and a long cardigan for winter.

My only concern is that I am not sure wether I find them to be all that classic. I know I will wear them - I could wear boots all the time. But will I find them to be nice when the hype ends? So, thats what I am pondering about ATM.

570---.IsabelMarant_Dicker.jpg

Pic via lesmads.de

^I think those boots can be very flattering with bare legs in the summer. The Dicker boots have not really been a hype in Norway, but I still think they are beautiful. I wouldn't get a pair myself, because of the rain (suede+rain=:wacko:), and because I walk so much I would wear them out in a few months (no car or bike, and a mile to the nearest buss stop). I know I could replace the sole, but I have heard suede can age badly with excessive wear. If I were to get them, I would probably reserve them for Spring, summer and early fall.

There are a lot of good similar ones on the marked, so you would be paying a lot for the name. How much are they in Denmark? Being in the EU,
they might be cheaper in your country.

Hehe, I know see the downside of the recommendation boards, Betina. Expensive hobby:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
^I think those boots can be very flattering with bare legs in the summer. The Dicker boots have not really been a hype in Norway, but I still think they are beautiful. I wouldn't get a pair myself, because of the rain (suede+rain=:wacko:), and because I walk so much I would wear them out in a few months (no car or bike, and a mile to the nearest buss stop). I know I could replace the sole, but I have heard suede can age badly with excessive wear. If I were to get them, I would probably reserve them for Spring, summer and early fall.

There are a lot of good similar ones on the marked, so you would be paying a lot for the name. How much are they in Denmark? Being in the EU,
they might be cheaper in your country.

Hehe, I know see the downside of the recommendation boards, Betina. Expensive hobby:wink:

Yeah - darn it :wink:

I would not say that they have been hyped in Denmark either. What I was thinking is that I do not find them classic per se. But it would be nice with something else.

I would not get the real deal - I have found a cheaper but still good quality wise alternative. That is also a bit darker.

And we totally aggree on them being slightly impractical compaired to regular leather boots. I would not wear them for winter when there is snow on the ground - just like I do not wear suede ballet flats in summer rain.

I have not heard of suede wearing easier than leather. I know it is harder to clean and mend, but I have not heard anything about it wearing faster. Hm.

^Suede is softer, and therefore more prone to expanding and molding to tour feet I have heard. The Dicker boots, like your Acne boots, tend to expand around the ankle area. I think it is more important that they get to "rest" than regular leather boots.

Are you considering the ones by Ash? I had those pinned on my board back in February, I think. As did Juliette. I removed them because I found a pair of leather boots on sale that I got.

They are not classic the way black pumps are, but neither are your Acne boots, to be fair. I think the fact that they are flattering makes them more classic. To contrast, Birkenstocks were never flattering...

I recently read an article about the hype surrounding many newer french designers, like Marant. They are huge now, and some of their items could become classics. You never know... I am still lusting after the Westwood pirate boots that were surrounded by a hype in the 90s...

^Suede is softer, and therefore more prone to expanding and molding to tour feet I have heard. The Dicker boots, like your Acne boots, tend to expand around the ankle area. I think it is more important that they get to "rest" than regular leather boots.

Are you considering the ones by Ash? I had those pinned on my board back in February, I think. As did Juliette. I removed them because I found a pair of leather boots on sale that I got.

Yeah that is probably right. My pistols expanded quite a lot around the ancles. But they still look nice. I should be able to get them rest since they will be my third pair of boots - and I have loads of summer shoes.

It is the ASH ones, yes. But in the beige colour - not the camel on. I find that beige will go better with my color scheme than camel. Whereas I could really see you working the camel ones. Why did you end up not getting them?

Suede does definitely wear badly - I have a tan suede belt. It had some "carved" motifs. Not only they were totally faded in maybe eight months of constant wear (putting the belt through and taking it out of the loops helped), but in two years I have had to make three extra holes... Going for a fourth soon. It stretched that much :ermm: It was definitely not a great quality belt to begin with, but ehh...

^^^I ended up not getting them because the ones I found were more practical, and cheaper. The boots I found were 70% off, and my size and color. Sign from above:D

I think the beige ones would be much better for you, Betina. I was actually going to comment on the camel color and say it might be too dark for you:P

^^^I ended up not getting them because the ones I found were more practical, and cheaper. The boots I found were 70% off, and my size and color. Sign from above:D

I think the beige ones would be much better for you, Betina. I was actually going to comment on the camel color and say it might be too dark for you:P

Camel was never an option! :D Actually I am going for a pair of taupe ones. I will send you a link in a PM - I am a tad bit scared that they will sell out before I made up my mind.

What brand is yours? What colour did you get and how are they more practical? You know - give me all the dirty details :wink:

They are more practical because they were normal leather. I can't remember where I got them from, one of those high-street Scandinavian shoe stores. "Boots", I think. They were 75% off. They look like your acne boots, but without the tassels. I can only imagine the reason they did not sell out is because most Scandinavians don't have red hair and therefore do not wear tan leather much. I have been dragging them through mud and rain to give them a nice patina:D Imagine doing that to a pair of suede boots:blink::lol:

They are more practical because they were normal leather. I can't remember where I got them from, one of those high-street Scandinavian shoe stores. "Boots", I think. They were 75% off. They look like your acne boots, but without the tassels. I can only imagine the reason they did not sell out is because most Scandinavians don't have red hair and therefore do not wear tan leather much. I have been dragging them through mud and rain to give them a nice patina:D Imagine doing that to a pair of suede boots:blink::lol:

I need a smiley that screams to express how I feel about the bare thought of that :wink:

Sounds like you made the right decission though. Hope I will be able to as well. I guess the boots did not sell out since most scandinavian girls will always go for black (me included :innocent:).

^I told my Bestfriend I was considering getting a black tote like the tan one I use at school and I got a scolding from her about how I was not a "black leather" person ("So don't even think about it!":(lol:

^I told my Bestfriend I was considering getting a black tote like the tan one I use at school and I got a scolding from her about how I was not a "black leather" person ("So don't even think about it!":(lol:

:lol:

I have a girlfriend that is really good at wearing colour and she really does her best to encourage me to do it as well. And although it is not that I do not want to, I guess I am just not a colour-person, to use your friends term.

I will say though that although I love black I found a cognac bag and ditto footwear to go with more colours than black. It looks nice with douche colours like the dress you bought for the wedding, with colours like burgundy and navy AND with black. Black is best for darker colours, grey and with IMO.

^I think being more tanned and having slightly darker hair than I do, you can get away with more black in the daytime than I could. I used to wear a lot of black, but I wear more greys now. I find they go well with my cognac/tan handbag and shoes (and hair:P).

I don't actually wear much colors. I have a wardrobe of greys, camels, some black and dark/deep greens.

What are douche colors?:unsure: Is it something Danish? A color worn by a douche? Auto-correct gone wild?

^I think being more tanned and having slightly darker hair than I do, you can get away with more black in the daytime than I could. I used to wear a lot of black, but I wear more greys now. I find they go well with my cognac/tan handbag and shoes (and hair:P).

I don't actually wear much colors. I have a wardrobe of greys, camels, some black and dark/deep greens.

What are douche colors?:unsure: Is it something Danish? A color worn by a douche? Auto-correct gone wild?

Well I sure hope so, since I wear black quite a lot :P

Well you do more colours than me then. I mostly do dusty pink ATM. And that is it.

No, douche colours would be.. dusty pink, light blue, beige etc. Or so I thought. Googling douche colours appearently darker colours are also considered to be "douche". I am confused.

Not sure if that is the douchebag dresscode :P

Clever decission regarding the waistcoat. Some items will just not work no matter how badly you want them to.

Congrats on starting to wear trousers again! I am not good at doing that neither. I am really happy about my grey jeans though. Looking forward to hear how you like the boyfriend jeans. Think they will be very nice with a girly blouse and your leather vest.

Generally sounds like you made some good investments. Looking forward to hear how they turn out. And I do not think it is an issue purchasing more items at once as long as you stay focused.

What kind of shoes are you looking for? Sandals? Heeled? Flat? Please let me know and I will come up with a few ideas :smile:

Thank you for the encouraging words, Betina :flower:

I do fear I will regret not getting that waistcoat ... It was just too perfect ... But I really have nothing to wear it with! So I guess I did make the best decision.

Thanks! I think I'll love the jeans. I actually made a whole board on what to wear them with, but I made it private so I wouldn't bother all of you with my constant pinning. :blush: Oh, and that is a great suggestion! I already have an outfit in mind!

Well, generally I am looking for a pair of wedges that would go with most of my clothes. I'm not that picky, I like all kinds of wedges ... Like the Aztec/floral print ones from Steve Madden from last year, I like them in nude and black, as well as brown, or more vibrant colours ... I just really need a pair of summer heels! As far as sandals go, I will need those too, I just brought my old ones from the basement and they look really worn out. They can have a small stacked heel, otherwise I would prefer flats. I had some really pretty ones from Miu Miu pinned, but they're sold out now. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :heart:

Oh, and you all had me laughing at those douche colours. :D

Thank you for the encouraging words, Betina :flower:

I do fear I will regret not getting that waistcoat ... It was just too perfect ... But I really have nothing to wear it with! So I guess I did make the best decision.

Thanks! I think I'll love the jeans. I actually made a whole board on what to wear them with, but I made it private so I wouldn't bother all of you with my constant pinning. :blush: Oh, and that is a great suggestion! I already have an outfit in mind!

Well, generally I am looking for a pair of wedges that would go with most of my clothes. I'm not that picky, I like all kinds of wedges ... Like the Aztec/floral print ones from Steve Madden from last year, I like them in nude and black, as well as brown, or more vibrant colours ... I just really need a pair of summer heels! As far as sandals go, I will need those too, I just brought my old ones from the basement and they look really worn out. They can have a small stacked heel, otherwise I would prefer flats. I had some really pretty ones from Miu Miu pinned, but they're sold out now. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :heart:

Oh, and you all had me laughing at those douche colours. :D

As my boyfriend says "better regret not getting an item than regret getting it". Took me some time to really embrace that way of seeing it, but it has really helped me.

I would not mind seeing your styling inspiration board!

Can the wedge be a sandal or do you want a closed wedge AND a pair of flat sandals?

Does the shoebrand Vagabond have retailers in your country? My flat sandals (you can see them on my wardrobe board) is from this brand and they are the best. I bought them in 2008 and they are still not worn in any way, shape or form. Also the price is really good and they are very comfortable even for long walks. This year they are available in black (with a black sole as well), pink and turqoise. And a lot of other colours. I was tempted to buy another pair but I do not wear sandals that often.

Well, Eizhowa can be quite fun :wink: Not sure if wearing douche colours makes me a douchebag?

---------

I recently discovered that the dress I was planning on wearing to the wedding I am going to in October is not very comfortable. Too tight around my arms somehow. So I will probably have to find something else to wear. And I do not think I will be able to pull something from my closet since everything else is black, to informal or too big. So if you see any cocktail dresses you thought I might like please feel free to pin them to my recommandation board. Would make me very happy :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->