The Hat Thread

Originally posted by Alejandro+Mar 25th, 2004 - 3:48 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Mar 25th, 2004 - 3:48 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-shoe_gal_04@Mar 25th, 2004 - 3:44 pm

:P oo! do you have a pic of the beret that you can post?
If I did I would have posted one :wink:

I have to go to my friend's house and search through their albums, and scan one :doh: [/b][/quote]
hehe oh ok! :wink:

Cheers guys - thanks for the suggestions and Hboogie for the designs. Burger King - I'd have to eat there to get the hat :sick: but could prob stretch to making a paper crown myself. :ninja:

Am liking the beret idea Ale

Komupsumnida - thanks in Korea :flower:

Not satisfied with shoes and handbags, I'm trying my hand at hats...these are all inspired by a sunny afternoon on Brighton beach! I think I got a bit carried away drawing those pebbles!! :P

I love hats, do you guys where hats for just formal occassions or for casual days too?

Attachments

• Hove_beach_hats.jpg
    Hove_beach_hats.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 89
A big cute hat with a bow!

Attachments

• Big_cute_hat.jpg
    Big_cute_hat.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 55
those are just gorgeous, craig, (and the artwork !) especially the last one. :grrr: I love hats - my mum has always collected them, though they generally only come out for formal occassions. :flower:

I love hats, I love to make them and I love to wear them. I'd show you some of my work, but my website is down right now while I am transfering the domain to a new host. I like the looks of your designs and hope you get those hats made and get them out in the public. I think those hats need to be perched on some real heads.

I LOOOOVE hats. I always feel overdressed wearing them though... America sucks. In britain I think its more common.

Thanks Utopia, As You Like It and Oceanharlot, thanks for your nice comments and I'll do my very best to try and get some hats made. I've never made a hat using the materials before, I just love to draw ideas for them, just like I do with handbags and shoes.

I would love to see some of your ideas As You Like It, let me know once you're site is up and running. :wink:

I think they're more popular at formal events yes, and at the races and other posh sporting events. In winter they look good too, with faux fur hats in animal prints and leather styles looking cool. I hope more people wear hats, there are some brilliant designers out there, with some really funky ideas! In London, they're quite popular, probably more so during the day than in the evening. Do they not wear hats much in the US? Apart from the Stetson I guess down in the south.

Utopia, my mum collects hats too, she loves weddings so she has an excuse to go hat shopping in Selfridges!

Here's one I drew yesterday, on Brighton Beach in the sun...I think the sun inspired this crazy swirly hat! Or maybe the refreshing curling waves :P

Attachments

• Lady_Spencer_Green_and_Portia_Spencer_Green.jpg
    Lady_Spencer_Green_and_Portia_Spencer_Green.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 36
Wonderful illustrations.

Hats are very beautiful but not any sort of athletic ones. Isabella Blow, and Anna Piaggi have some sublime hearwear.
Isabella%20BlowZanna.jpg

anna_piaggi-wears-vintage-Ferre-milan-spring-2001-300x429.jpg

Apparently Isabella Blow feels naked without a hat, and always wears one. Even at home.

I am most comfortable when I have something on my head out in public. I wear a bike helmet all the time when I am biking, but if I am walking around, I wear an engineer's hat or a flat cloth cap, mostly, though I have a couple of cute bucket hats and cloches and a silly little 1950s-style pancake hat which is positively hilarious.

mewhimsyredlipstick.jpg

Tell me that isn't one of the silliest hats you have ever seen?

My website is back up and running. The link you see here will take you straight to my hat page!

as you like it, that pancake hat is so witty and adorable :woot:

craig if I ever go to the races at ascot I want you to design me an outrageous hat B) that last swirly hat is simply fantastic

those sketches are so witty. oh how i love the last one. you do great. i love hats and hate how uncommon it is in America, but no one is to get me wrong because i love those doggone baseball caps! :heart:

I live in the US and I wear hats all the time. You just have to be comfortable and confident and you can wear damn near anything you like.

I think hats are getting more popular anyhow. Paris and Nicole practically always had on some kinds of hats during the Simple Life 2, although Paris kept wearing a dreadful baby-blue trucker hat way too often.

Thanks The Sweetest, I bet you look cool in your baseball cap

There are some cool hats appearing on this thread, Incroyable those hats worn by Isabella Blow are fantastic! That green picture with the bed is inspiring, a real fantasy feel to it.

Utopia, I will definitely concept a hat for you! The bigger and swirlier the better.

As You Like It, had a lot of fun reading your website and looking at those cool hats, and cute cat! Yeah I like fantasy and Japanese style too, being involved in the games business I see a lot of it, it's nice to fuse fashion and fantasy:P

Craig :flower: :heart:

Originally posted by As You Like It@Aug 5 2004, 07:52 AM
I live in the US and I wear hats all the time. You just have to be comfortable and confident and you can wear damn near anything you like.

Me too!! I love hats and wear them often. I wore a very simple black hat with white trim and a slim white bow in the back to mass on Sunday and could barely get to the front without folks stopping to tell me I was "wearing that hat!!!" :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->