The 'Headphones & Earphones' Thread

headphones because they stay on. My earphones fall out to easily.

Same here.

I have these:

lowridergreenck2.jpg

[skullcandy.com]

well i opened my package of ear-hook phones ...
the music has to be pretty low
or else people outside will hear it :doh:
and i'm not deaf, so the volume was not even that high

Do you guys find that happens too?

It's embarrassing to have people hear what you're listening to :ninja:

i can't return it :rolleyes:

gius - That's too bad, what type of brand did you buy?

I was aware that people could hear what I'm listening to. Maybe that happens to earplugs too?

^ Ack! I meant I wasn't aware that people could hear what I'm listening to :doh:

I don't really care that other people can hear my music, unless you're in a classroom then you should turn it down, other than that it shouldn't matter. I feel it's the same thing as when some obnoxious driver blasts their beats on their "subs" and the whole neighbourhood can hear them as they're driving down the street. If they don't have to turn it down, then you shouldn't either.

recommendations for cheap but good quality earphones?? my ipod earphones have fallen apart, sad really considering how much they cost.

^i think they regularly cost around $15

keroppi said:
gius - That's too bad, what type of brand did you buy?

I was aware that people could hear what I'm listening to. Maybe that happens to earplugs too?
I just got RCA
about $27
it's not bad
but when I took of my earphones, I noticed I could hear it really well even without wearing them :lol:
I remember there were people laughing at me --my taste in music is so bad :rolleyes:
It was actually quite loud... very clear, easy to hear the music without even wearing them on
I think I just don't like it being distractive... I got a lot of looks...

Hm, yeah, I wonder if that happens with earphones

^ Yeah, I agree. I don't like it when people can hear my music. It's not that my choice of music is embarrassing, it's just that I don't like it when they can listen to it.

I'm really interested on buying one of those noise-cancelling earphones (so I don't have to turn up the volume)

noise-cancelling...
can you show some pictures of those kinds?

i haven't heard of one where the music doesn't leak out
only ones that will cancel out outside noise

They look like these:

shure_e4c.jpg

theregister.co.uk

I really want to buy one of these ever since...but these Shure ones cost around $100+...and I'm not about to buy earphones on that price range lol

^ My friend has those, and he sticks them in his earlobes. I've tried them and they're quite painful :shock: But maybe the brand he uses is not very good.

I don't like headphones, they're not really practical if someone's talking to you and you have to take them off right away.. it only takes a shoulder rub against the ear with regular earphones.
I honestly can't remember how many pairs of earphones I've tried in the last year or even brands, I've even had to bought three pairs in less than a week.. I break them, lose them or they're just bad quality... I love hook earphones, they're definitely 'safer' than the others.. the downside is that if you do tend to take them on and off, it gets to a point where the cable twists or something and the quality of the sound doesn't decrease, it just vanishes completely -_- . and I'm not big on repairing earphones and I doubt someone else is. :P

of all the earphones I've used.. JVC ones are my favorites, in terms of durability and quality. :heart:
ignoring quality and focusing entirely on durability, no brand has lasted me more than Apple...they're very resisting, and hard to crash :innocent::blush:.. I'd probably go back to them if I could find a non-white pair.. I hate white earplugs with a passion..

Last edited by a moderator:
^I have a thing for a sort of off-white earplugs :ninja:

Another thing about the ear hook phones I'm using now...
the outside noise does drown out the music
It's only when I'm someplace quiet that I can have the volume at a moderate level and still be able to hear music

Otherwise I have to crank it up :judge:

^here here. yeah, you really need to push them deep into the ear to block all the noise.. and then you do that, and your ear hurts afterwards. I bought a black pair of god knows what brand last year.. I was so happy about their tiny size until my ear started to release some strange liquid I'm too scared to find out what it was. thank god it stopped. but it did worry me for a while. which doesn't mean I stopped using them of course.:ninja:
my mom would be horrified to read this. :mellow:

Earphones since headphones look kind of ridiculous in public, at least on me. I use the normal iPod ones - they've quite improved them since 2004 when I got my first iPod (mind you, those still work!).

I never listen to music in public, only when I'm at home when I know no one is near, so the "Which one is more aesthetically appealing?" debate doesn't apply to me. I just use earphones, though I've misplaced the particular brand.

Headphones seem inconvenient to me, however, as do those clip-on earphones. My newspaper editor always has the latter in her ears, and it seems like such a pain to get them out. Perhaps that's why she never does. :innocent:

I finally invested in Bose earbuds for my iPod and I have to say the sound quality is unmatched. Totally worth the money if you listen to you iPod often.

10032732_h1.jpg

10032728_h1.jpg

anyone tested these? i wanna have them so bad but im not sure about the sound..

credits: zoovillage.se

I am looking forward to buying these beauties! First in blue, and then maybe in green. :smile:

panasonic_rphtx2.jpg
panasonic_rphtx4.jpg

credit: audiocubes.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breemoca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->