The laptop and netbook thread

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 in pink that I got last year. I'm shallow in that I got really excited that I could pick a color! I really like it, though. It's does what it needs to do. I might get an Apple one at some point, but for the past four years I've used Dell. And I like the price tag. I got all kinds of extras and it wasn't even close to $1000.

I've had my Sony for less than two years and had no real complains about it until about a month ago when it just stopped working. Seems the situation is hopeless too as I guess it's something wrong with the system itself and I doubt I'll be able to get it fixed. Ugh. I'm so mad. Last time I got anything Sony. So now I need to get a new laptop for school and I have no money. I think I'm gonna go with Mac this time around though even though I've been a loyal PC customer all these years.

oh that sucks...I remember when mine stopped working, i sent to their headquarters in Brussels..apparently they cant fix it here in the UK they need it sent there...and it took over A MONTH!! and i was at uni during then and lived in halls, where my laptop wasmy main form ofentertainment if i was in..had to rent one :yuk:...which ended up not even able to play dvds etc!!!:cry:probably one of the saddest months of my lifelol

since christmas i have a Dell Inspiron 1525. it has a beautiful design, and i hasnt bring me any problems atm, and my mum is a computing engeneer and she says Dell computers are the best, and as good as they are, they arent really expensive. :flower:
1525blossom.jpg

home.mchsi.com

Hi, well my advice is definately go witha a Mac!
I converted to Mac a couple of years ago and haven't looked back since.
Their laptops are just AMAZING...mine haven't crashed ONCE, no pop-ups, viruses, very light and LOTS of storage space oh and they look awesome. It has been one of the best investments I've made also they're very durable. If you go to the Mac store they'll show you everything and you can pick the right laptop for you.

I'm so suprised to see that this thread is so unsucessful.So everybody at TFS has a Mac ? :( I feel so alone.I personally have an Asus EePc 1005 ha.Like this one :

eee1008ha-thumb-520x325.jpg

(gadgets.boingboing.net)

Except,that mine is all black.I absolutly love it,the battery life is great,almost 10 hours (but you can count on 8 hours really,with the internet,Microsoft Words open,music and bluetooth on).The design is perfect,very MacBook Airesque.And of course it's very easy to use,and fit perfectly is pretty much all of my purses.It's not that heavy.Anyway,it's very pratical.The keyboard is great aswell,the touches are not small,like on some other laptops.There's like 3 USB ports on it too,which is pretty cool.So if you want to invest in a netbook,go and buy this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
iam using Apple MACbook PRO ,, but i really can't forget my TOSHIBA it was PEEERFECT in every aspects and stills.

i use Samsung NC10 : love the sleek look and how small but still somfortable it is . I stopped using my PC when i bought this baby last November. Of course i would love to get Mac 13'' but it is not in my student budget :smile: I use my Samsung all the time , seriously like 24/7, and for now it works very good. I can always take it out to school or some cafe in Old Town :smile:

I have been using my Toshiba for the past 5 years or so now. I dropped it twice and spilled water on the keyboard once and it's still working wonderfully. I also have an Acer netbook that I bring to class. It's convenient to carry around, super light, and does pretty much what any regular laptop does.

I have an IBM Thinkpad I got from my mother a few years ago.

Works pretty well.

Eventually thinking about getting an HP Laptop or check out a Macbook, though I haven't owned a MAC in years.

I just installed Windows 7 last night, and so far, I like it muuuuuuuuuuuch better than crappy Windows Vista. It's less of a resource hog and runs less background processes. And my fan hasn't been going super crazy trying to cool down my laptop. I also really like the taskbar and jump lists. :P

I've decided that if this laptop breaks after warranty, which is up in a year, I'll take the plunge and get a Macbook Pro.

^Have you tried the shake thing? Where you shake a window and all your other tasks will just... hide themselves? I use a macbook, but I still get really curious about what pcs have to offer. Gosh I really want to try out Windows 7!

yea, LOL! it's really cool. I also like the snap option, where you drag a window to the side of your screen, and it snaps to take up half the screen. If you drag it to the top, then the window maximizes.

Bought a Macbook Pro 15 today...I had an ibook before and was very pleased with it! I must say my new one is excellent for watching videos!! I only have some problems with the constant resizing of the text size :blink: but otherwise I think this one is a winner too:smile:

is there a way to change the battery life?

my usual is 1½ hours

i hope there's a way to make it last longer

^ change the battery itself, i suppose. battery life decreases with usage, so in time, you'll probably need to get a new battery.

I'm one of the few without Mac :P (had to use a MiniMac at work though).
My usual laptop is a Dell Inspiron 640m, apart from me ruining two keys (from food drinks...) it has hold up very well...
Then I have an Asus eeePC 901 for skyping and on the go (the Dell is too heavy, 3kg ugh(

^ change the battery itself, i suppose. battery life decreases with usage, so in time, you'll probably need to get a new battery.
thanks ! i'll keep an eye out

it doesn't seem to say you can only use one brand of battery on it
good idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->