The Last Shadow Puppets

Thanks for the info mardybum! I really like Miles' voice. I am betting some of Alex's lyrical genius rubbed off on him.

IMO, The Last Shadow Puppets are much better than Arctic Monkeys. Never been a fan of the latter.

IMO, The Last Shadow Puppets are much better than Arctic Monkeys. Never been a fan of the latter.
Same. I have tried to really figure out why so many people praise AM but I still don't love their music.

^ Agree. Really hope this wasn't a one-time collaboration, they are amazing together.

The ‘This Is Not A Suit’ campaign rolls on, this time adding some faces you may just recognise. These pictures are part of an upcoming exhibition and focus on the ‘captains’ of each industry, whether it be music, film, sports or politics (we shudder at the thought of David Cameron making an appearance). Leap to see the rest of the pictures and don’t forget about their Tumblr. - selecticism

Not exactly the news I was wishing to hear about them (I want another album!) but damn they look amazing, and it's great to see them together again.

oooh, i didn't know there's a thread about TLSP here! i was so obsessed with their album, it's fantastic! :P i really hope they'll do a 2nd one (and a 3rd and a 4th and...)
anyway, great to see them together again, thanks for posting the pictures! :flower:

Kane confirms Shadow Puppets Follow-up

Former Rascals frontman Miles Kane has confirmed that he plans to record a second album with Arctic Monkeys singer Alex Turner.

The two released The Age Of The Understatement in 2008 under the band name The Last Shadow Puppets. Kane revealed that he has already started thinking about a follow-up.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, [we'll] definitely [do another record]," he told NME. "After I've done this stuff I guess, I've got a few things up my sleeve."

It was previously uncertain whether The Last Shadow Puppets would return for another album after Turner claimed earlier this year that both he and Kane might be too busy with other projects.

Kane will release debut solo album Inhaler in early 2011.

digitalspymusic

Nothing concrete, but still good to hear!

oh, i always thought they were definitely going to record a 2nd album but just didn't know when. but it's nice to hear miles confirm it again ^_^ can't wait for his solo stuff as well!!

thanks for posting :flower:

Here's a scan of Miles' NME interview:

30s7io4.png

arcticmonkeyus

The article mentions an acoustic TLSP show in LA this summer - they played at a benefit gig organised by Queens of the Stone Age. A few Sunset Marquis holiday snaps turned up too..

eq2gt0.jpg

jalouse.fr

dx0iz6.jpg

Taken by Sara Nataf (saralovespolaroids.tumblr.com)

^that last pic just cracked me up :rofl:

he did a duet with clemence poesy? i didn't know she sings! i'm very curious to hear that ^_^ he sounds very confident in that interview, almost a little too confident for my taste lol but i definitely can't wait for his album ^_^

Miles always sounds too confident. He's only bearable in Shadow Puppet interviews because Alex reigns him in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has everyone heard Miles Kane's new CD? I am quite impressed. I actually am not a fan of the title track "Inhaler", but adore "Come Closer". He also did another Lee Hazlewood cover like the did on TLSP album, "Rainbow Woman", which is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->