Alex Turner

The trailer:

More details about the soundtrack:
A 6-track EP of songs by Alex Turner from the film Submarine, will be released by Domino Records on Monday 14th March 2011. The EP will be available on CD/10" and via digital download.

Tracklisting below:

1. Stuck On The Puzzle(Intro)
2. Hiding Tonight
3. Glass In The Park
4. It's Hard To Get Around The Wind
5. Stuck On The Puzzle
6. Piledriver Waltz

Submarine, the debut film from Richard Ayoade, based on the novel by Joe Dunthorne will be show nationwide in UK cinemas from the 18th March 2011.
arcticmonkeys.com

Preview clips of the Submarine songs:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Submarine-o..._shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298996434&sr=301-1

At an NME after party last week

10xdcfn.jpg

entertainment.ie

^the previews sound great and very promising, thanks for posting!! :flower: I actually want to see the film only because of his music... :ninja::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds a bit reminiscent of George Harrison's solo work, no? I'm quite excited about it. I'd love to know the process behind him writing the songs, how much direction they gave him, etc. I hope it's available digitally in the US on the 14th as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Ayoade gave a few details about the process in an interview with Q Magazine last month. He originally asked Alex to submit cover versions of his choice because he thought it would be a bit rude or presumptuous to ask him to write new stuff but was secretly hoping he would. Alex had a copy of the script and online links to daily rushes when writing the songs.

Interesting, thanks DiamondSea, exactly what I was wondering about.

Longer previews are now floating about..here's a video with everything so far

^Did anyone see it? If, so, is it good?
I really want to revive this thread :blush:

tumblr_llxzpuYrPW1qb7yzoo1_500.jpg

dearhamburg.tumblr.com

^Did anyone see it? If, so, is it good?
I really want to revive this thread :blush:

dearhamburg.tumblr.com

i saw it the other day as my mum is the pianist on the film! i absolutely loved it. so funny, i really enjoyed it and alex's songs are so lovely. seriously good stuff.:D

It's strange to hear all this positivity and excitement surrounding Alex Turner and Arctic Monkeys, they always seem to be regarded in a somewhat resentful manner in Sheffield.

^ why resentful? turner is one of the most talented song writers out there. . . or at least he was, before "suck it and see." :wink:

^I think Suck It and See has good lyrics! For me, it's their second best album lyrically, and FWN is their best.

Thanks for the info m4fh, I have to go and see it.

5-05.tumblr.com

I've been enjoying Miles Kane's album Colour of The Trap, no surprise Alex is a co-writer on all the best songs:

Rearrange
Counting Down The Days
Happenstance
Telepathy
Better Left Invisible
Colour Of The Trap

Here's Alex 'covering' "Colour of The Trap"... both versions are great, just thought y'all might want to hear Alex singing it.

^thanks for posting! :flower: I really like Alex's version too!

I've been listening a lot to Miles' album lately, I didn't know that Alex was a co-writer on so many songs!

^ I'm hoping they're next project together is a Shadow Puppets II album!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rtdrone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->