Alexa Chung and Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys) split

They were a pretty private couple so I dont really see how anyone could possibly say they were mismatched or whatever.

or that they weren't interesting so therefore it's good they broke up...I didn't realise people were in relations so as to entertain random people

As private as they may be, they're in the public eye because of their work, and public personas will always be subject to judgment by other people. Some people may not like it, but it is what it is.

They were together for quite a while. Any breakup is sad. I always thought they were so well matched.

I liked them together but I'm curious to see who she will date next :wink:
And I was reading comments on dailymail, it seems like she's not very loved, I'm surprised I find Alexa adorable..

^ i think people are jealous of her. i know i am: alex turner is the man of my dreams.

Wow, yeah. Just went back and read the comments. Rather nasty towards Alexa. I realize she isn't typical "pretty" but that is the appeal as far as I am concerned. And I like her style and that she seems to have a brain in her head. It would be nice to see her settle into a career, though, whatever that may be. I also like the Arctic Monkeys and Alex's lyrics. He tackles all sorts of topics, including unusual ones. Some songs are narratives and others typical love lyrics. Always think "505" is one of the more wistful love songs about how difficult it is to spend time together and longing for the times it's possible. Probably the song was personal? Anyhow, too bad they split, but both seem like good young people and I am sure they'll meet others. Wish em the best.

i could watch paint dry and be more entertained than listening to Alexa Chung. Epitomie of vapid and bland.

Always think "505" is one of the more wistful love songs about how difficult it is to spend time together and longing for the times it's possible. Probably the song was personal?

Not to sound like an Arctic Monkeys nerd, but I'm pretty sure that song was about Matt's experience. It was pre-Alexa.

I don't think it's fair to say that people hate Alexa because she was dating Alex (as almost every magazine article about her suggests) I don't like her because she seems patronising and a bit pointless. I thought they were mismatched based on Alex's lyrics mocking hipster types. They lasted 4 years though so there must have been a lot of love there.

505 is about Johanna Bennett. If I remember rightly, Alex wrote it on a train on the way to meet her at a New York hotel. He started dating Alexa after FWN was released.

"505" - whomever / whatever it was about (thanks for the input and info ladies :smile: ) my point still stands that it is a wistful love song, and judging by the lyrics it seems to be about longing, wanting to go "back" to a better time. So even though it wasn't about Alexa it seems sort of fitting now, at least to me.

I love the Monkey's music, but I cannot say that I know much about the band members. Read a few articles in Spin, Nylon and online, but that's it.

A lot of people really don't like Alexa, which is fine. I don't know her, obviously, but the clips from "It's On..." that I saw suggested to me that she is an intelligent girl. She didn't come across as vapid at all. However, she does seem to be "floating" as far as 'what-to-do-with-my -life' (jack of all trades master of none? Design, presenter, model, etc). It seems like presently she is trying hardest to get something going in fashion, but personally I think she is more suited to culture in general, maybe music specifically. It seems like she should be a presenter on an interview show, to me. But others will disagree I am sure.

Maybe it was that love of music and interest in English culture that drew her and Alex together in the first place? Maybe others know how they hooked up better. But her entrenchment in the "high" fashion world in recent years seems like a world apart from being in a band on the road? As someone else opined already, surely they initially had a deep connection or how could they've lasted four years? Seems like they've grown apart now though, and hence the split.

This is all such pointless conjecture. How can anyone claim to know what drew them together and split them apart? As for the what is Alexa or Alex going to do now or what have they been doing cos one or the other is better than them... it all seems completely vapid to me. And much more so than anything either of them have ever said or done. I hope you realise that you are talking about actual people here. The lived. They loved. They broke up. Leave them to it. He makes music. She is in the public eye for many valid (and some not so valid) reasons. It doesn't mean they won't read this and it doesn't mean they're not impenetrable.

This is all such pointless conjecture. How can anyone claim to know what drew them together and split them apart? As for the what is Alexa or Alex going to do now or what have they been doing cos one or the other is better than them... it all seems completely vapid to me. And much more so than anything either of them have ever said or done. I hope you realise that you are talking about actual people here. The lived. They loved. They broke up. Leave them to it. He makes music. She is in the public eye for many valid (and some not so valid) reasons. It doesn't mean they won't read this and it doesn't mean they're not impenetrable.

As for my post above, it was indeed conjecture. Hence the question marks. ^_^ Naturally, if a couple is in the public eye, people become curious about them, particularly if they are a fan of what either or both of them does. People will speculate again if they split up; it goes with the curiousity I suppose.

As for whether or not they read the press (or blogs) that may pertain to them who knows? I would think they'd avoid it. I know I would!

As I said before... wish em both the best.

I wasn't really referring to you Not Plain Jane, more so to the people being mean. I understand that naturally people will speculate. I am a fan of both of theirs. This is how I know that Alexa reads stuff about herself on the internet. And I'm not sure if she'll read this but all that horrible stuff being said can't be helping at an already bad time.

sad to hear about it as i'm an alexa fan, but my husband is ecstatic as he too is an alexa fan! :brows: LOL!

Now that you're both single Alexa, get together with Alex Skarsgard, have some beautiful babies and be done with it.:lol:

No really.^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinribs98
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->