The Mascara Thread #2

Just wanted to say I really like the Full n' Soft mascara! Thanks to you who suggested it!

It's not near as heavy as most mascaras but still powerful enough to darken and give length. I got it in Brownish Black which is still a bit dark for the natural look but it's a good alternative to black. I was expecting a hint of chocolate brown but this brown is almost olive and I really like that!

I'll keep looking for a mascara with all natural ingredients, not tested on animals etc for the days I'm orthodox but for now I love this mascara :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's everyone's favorite brown mascara? I've always worn black but lately I've been thinking maybe brown will look more natural with my complexion and scandinavian-blonde hair. Has anyone tried the La Roche-Posay mascaras in brown?

I've recently discovered Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara. It is fabulous for a natural look. I wear glasses and have super duper sensitive eyes and I haven't experienced any smudging or irritation. Plus it's the cheapest mascara I have ever bought!

What's everyone's favorite brown mascara? I've always worn black but lately I've been thinking maybe brown will look more natural with my complexion and scandinavian-blonde hair. Has anyone tried the La Roche-Posay mascaras in brown?

Meym, Fabulash from Revlon has good brown mascara with a natural look, but it's not waterproof.

I use Chanel's Sublime Mascara in Deep Brown and I love it!

Thanks for your replies guys! I'm trying Maxfactor 2000 Calorie right now, it's alright but a bit too sticky for my taste. Might go with Chanel next!

My favorite mascara of all time would have to be Max Factor False Lash Effect, highly recommend it if you like big lashes. The other one I tried recently and loved is Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash.

I've recently discovered Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara. It is fabulous for a natural look. I wear glasses and have super duper sensitive eyes and I haven't experienced any smudging or irritation. Plus it's the cheapest mascara I have ever bought!
I like that one too. I suggest you try the Extra Wow Lash version, I like it a bit better than the Extra Super Lash one :flower:

I recently noticed that Maybelline's mascaras tend to smudge more than before- I will not buy Falsies Black Drama anymore because after an hour after application I end up with panda eyes... :(
I switched to Clarins Wonder Perfect mascara that my friend recommended me and I absolutely LOVE it, it makes my lashes sooo long, curly and thick! My current fave!

There's nothing like Hypnose by Lancome.

I bought it again after 5 years and it's pure heaven. It makes my lashes perfect.

Just wanted to say I really like the Full n' Soft mascara! Thanks to you who suggested it!

It's not near as heavy as most mascaras but still powerful enough to darken and give length. I got it in Brownish Black which is still a bit dark for the natural look but it's a good alternative to black. I was expecting a hint of chocolate brown but this brown is almost olive and I really like that!

I'll keep looking for a mascara with all natural ingredients, not tested on animals etc for the days I'm orthodox but for now I love this mascara :innocent:
Never tried Physicians Formula mascaras, but I've heard great things about this one. Not sure how natural it really is, but it claims to be made with natural ingredients. It could be what you're looking for :wink:

I just bought the Lash Lifter Gel Volume Mascara from the new Marc Jacobs Beauty line yesterday and I have to say I'm quite pleased with it so far. It gives me a little less volume than some other volume mascaras I use but it lengthens my lashes very nicely and it's easy to apply.

I had the Lancôme Hypnôse Star mascara before that and wasn't happy with it at all, it smears, becomes clumpy and is itchy; though it definitely gives great volume.

My all-time favorite is still Illamasqua's Masquara ^_^

Forget what I think of her personal and professional choices. But I do have to say that Miley Cyrus's eyelashes lately are perfection. Take the Wrecking Ball video - I love the "wet look" of her eyelashes. Really defined, clumped together in a good way (not spidery or clumpy in the traditional sense) - it looks like she just got out of the pool or the shower, or if she's just had a cry. Anyone know of a mascara that can help me perfect this look?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I bet you can achieve that look with any new mascara, when it's being more wet.

Can someone recommend a mascara that really works as defining your lashes? You know, best defining mascara? I hate all that clumpy, thick unreal look that most mascaras do..

Can someone recommend a mascara that really works as defining your lashes? You know, best defining mascara? I hate all that clumpy, thick unreal look that most mascaras do..

If you're looking for mascara that subtly defines lashes I think you should look for those with non-silicone, straight brushes since they usually give less dramatic effect (from my experience). Here are some of those which look very natural on eyelashes:
- Chanel Sublime de Chanel Mascara
- Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Blacks mascara
- Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara
- Clinique High Impact Mascara (the classic one)
Hope that it helps! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->