• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Model Agency Mega Thread (January 2004 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may be in over my head, sorry :blush: :ninja: . To tell the truth I know mostly photographers and makeup artists more than agencies and just made the thread (before knowing about this one) just to try to contribute, but I could go back through the thread and read up, I guess :smile: :ninja: .

Don't know if this is the correct thread for this question but does anyone know about International Talent Showcase in Miami? or the agencies that will be attending? I googled it, but didn't find much info and none on attending agencies.

I have a question:
A girl without motheragency in her country (russia, chile, whatever) wants to be model, and wants to send her pictures to i dont know, IMG. This girl can travel any time to europe, but she cant traver to NY because of her visa.
which IMG agency (milan, paris, ny) would you recommend her to start her career?
Sorry if I have not expressed well, my english is not good.​

I have a question:
A girl without motheragency in her country (russia, chile, whatever) wants to be model, and wants to send her pictures to i dont know, IMG. This girl can travel any time to europe, but she cant traver to NY because of her visa.
which IMG agency (milan, paris, ny) would you recommend her to start her career?
Sorry if I have not expressed well, my english is not good.​

It is the agency who decide of the best way to develop the girl, so let's say IMG is interested, u don't have to worry where ti go first, they decide for you, and the plan they decide depends of many elements.

Just, not all offices of a a network has the same responsability in scouting. For exemple in IMG, it is mainly the Paris office who lead the scouting, for Women it is more their milan office.

not sure if this is the right place to ask but basically, my friend just signed on with union models in london. could anyone tell me if their good or not? also a little more about agencies in general etc thanks!

not sure if this is the right place to ask but basically, my friend just signed on with union models in london. could anyone tell me if their good or not? also a little more about agencies in general etc thanks!

Union Models
is a good agency, not the best though but still good.
They have models such as Angie Schmid (Prada Model), Alla K (opener of YSL and AMQ last season), Juliana Imai (current RL campaign), Marloes Horst (a promising newbie) ....

^Marloes is now with Next London too, if I'm not mistaken.

^^It all depends on your targets. Union is a good all-round agency that will provide their girls with both high-end commercial and high fashion jobs so, if you're looking forward to both they can be the one. They are a rather small, boutique structure and it seems to work well for them.

Though they didn't book Alla themselves for YSL and McQueen, they did a lot of good things for her book (Plastique Magazine etc.).
Union also has a lot of promising new faces we should keep in mind and some girls in development for a little while who seems ready now to see results of their work. Plus the tiny Anna Brewster (5'7) who did some good work for high level magazines with Union too.

i dont know if here's the right place to post this,but im looking for models for unpaid published job....any help?....or get in contact with bookers who can help me..this is for a latin american publication....thanks

I don't know if I'm posting it on a right thread.

WOMENS SHOW CARDS S/S 10 by DNA model management

See Here.

To print individual cards, select a thumbnail and click the Full Size option and print from your browser

^Thank you. If this is not the correct thread, will someone post a link to the correct one. I want to follow the show cards.

Ailanto S/S 10 Madrid FW
???
287eq82.jpg

vogue.es

If you sign a contract with a particular branch of a very large modeling agency, does that mean you are exclusive to that agency and cannot sign with any others in another city if they have an office in that particular city? The contract says it is a business in a particular state but later on it does say exclusive but not where exclusive. This is also not the mother agency.

thanks

Could someone tell me anything about agencies in Czech Republic? Any opinions? :flower: Which are the best? What about PMST?

Could someone tell me anything about agencies in Czech Republic? Any opinions? :flower: Which are the best? What about PMST?

PMST is based in Prague but scouts a lot in Lithuania, also in Czech Republic and neighbour countries. They've got a good eye, good network and most of times are quite efficient.

I'd say best "local" agency in Czech Republic is Elite Prague. Results are quite stunning over years and they keep finding great girls.

Scouteen and Unique One both have several interesting girls (Lenka Paskova and co. for the first, Romana Chuda mostly for the second) but I don't know much about the way they work.

Then you've got PH Models, don't know much about the process as well but seems that they have a few great ones starting to have international results.

If you sign a contract with a particular branch of a very large modeling agency, does that mean you are exclusive to that agency and cannot sign with any others in another city if they have an office in that particular city? The contract says it is a business in a particular state but later on it does say exclusive but not where exclusive. This is also not the mother agency.

thanks

Doesn't sound completely clear but if it's not your mother agency and it says you're with them for a specific area you should be able to sign with other agencies in other areas and you're not forced to stay within that same network. I guess you should re-read the contract and tell about it to your mother agent.

like for aboad agencies, i would say the same rule apply, the best agency depends of the girl, even if there are clearly some which just just better to avoid completly.

In Prague i would say PMST and Elite are great. PMST have their main office their, and it is actualy their main country, as there they scout "by themselves". The lithuanian and polish girls they represent, are actualy from small agencies in these countries with who they have agreement to represent their girls.

Just notice that PMST is really focused on high fashion and are really great for that category of girls, but for sure for a high end commercial girl, Elite has probably more contact at different levels.

also notice that PMST has a big plus, it that they are owner of a top agency in Taiwan, and since recently in china, so beside to develop at top in europe, they can make the gils to earn money there in their own network. it is great for the girls who struglle to make it big in europe, Dodo, sandra and indre twins...have for exemle been recently in asia to make momey in their office there...

Hi, I'm new to the forums and have a ton of questions about working with agencies and getting developed, so sorry for jumping right in...but here it goes!
So I am with an agency in Miami, since that is the major city closest to me, even though my look is more for new york than commercial and swimsuit. I am only 15 too. (I don't want to say who the agency is just for privacy, but it's definitely a very reputable one)
So my questions are...

1. Was it not a smart move to go with someone close but where there is less work, even if they work with their other branches all over?

2. Is it okay to try to sign with international agencies for work in different countries for development, like Japan and Korea? (i know there is a demand for younger, fresh faces there)

3. If I am signed with a mother agent, is it reasonable to try and sign with agencies in other fashion cities, or does this only work when you become established?

4. Do you have a better chance of signing with other agencies once you get more ads and work in your portfolio, or do new faces get signed to many agencies too?

sorry if those were confusing or repetitive....thanks so much for all your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->