The NY Times T Style Magazine Men's Fall Fashion : Joseph Gordon-Levitt

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
1372943712_bfd3b602f3.jpg

snapshot by MMA from Thursday, September 13th NY Times Style Section

Magazine will be in the Sunday, September 16th NY Times

Preview: Get read for the premiere of the ultra-luxurious looks of the season in the pages
of T Men's Fashion: tony tailoring, handsome couture, fur-trimmed coats, literary-inspired
ensembles, and noir-cool jackets and trenches.

It's time for blokes to get their fashion fix, and for rebellious types to discover the sharp
style of English Beat. Find out more about "slow" fashion, the chic way to get inked, the
world's most expensive beef and an art-world beastie boy. Plus, get inspired by the parka
posse, follow the Style Map to Geneva and much more.

i love him so much..
it's almost embarrassing...

:blush:

discover the sharp style of English Beat.

this sounds HOT!@!...

:brows:...

:P

Last edited by a moderator:
He is certaintly disarming....

Such a fantastic actor, too... :crush:

NY Times style mag is consistently good. I think a subscription is in order...

Thanks, MissMagAddict! :heart:

yes!! he looks great...
thanks mma...i was about to post this in the rumour has it section...

I. Love. Him!
He had an amazing editorial in AnOtherMan a few years ago, I should really scan it. He's a terrific actor, he was so wonderful in Brick.^_^

/gushing over.

I'm guessing it's only available in NY?

this actor is sooooo hot!!!! i remember his editorial in Vogue Italia... he was good good... hummmm....

I really love this boy so much for so many reasons. It'd be embarrassing if he wasn't so damn talented!! I love seeing him get some of the respect he deserves.

Must pick this up. Thank you!!

Yes!I am coining the leagions of people who love this guy,he is just hot in a different way than pretty boys ala Orlando Bloom.

OMG! I loved him so so much in Mysterious Skin! He sure knows how to act perfectly:heart::wub:
Thanks so much MMA!:kiss::heart:

OMG! I loved him so so much in Mysterious Skin! He sure knows how to act perfectly:heart::wub:
Thanks so much MMA!:kiss::heart:

i felt sorry for him in Mysterious Skin, the movie is so horror for me. especially went he gets beat by a customer.

i'w waiting what inside the T-Style,...:P

He looks amazing, I like the cover. Any scans of whats lurking inside?

Styled by Bruce Pask
Grooming by Nathalie Nobs at Artists Paris
Photographed by Jean Baptiste-Mondino

1387958968_09882ef46b_o.jpg

Miu Miu gray wool sweater, $655, and shirt, $295. Sweater at select
Saks Fifth Avenue stores. Shirt in similar styles at select Miu Miu
stores. Band of Outsiders rep tie, about $115. At Barneys New York.

1387062903_9d8bc6d772_o.jpg

Nom de Guerre gray wool blazer, $578. At Nom de Guerre, 640
Broadway. Tim Hamilton blue chambray shirt, $275. At Bergdorf
Goodman. Inhabit cashmere and linen scarf, $295. At Barneys
New York.

1387958610_d38d3acd48_o.jpg

Lanvin black jacket, $1,655, shirt, $843, and leather tie, $283. At
Barneys New York. Jeffrey, 449 West 14th Street. Previous spread,
left: Miu Miu gray wool sweater, $655, and shirt, $295. Sweater at
select Saks Fifth Avenue stores. Shirt in similar styles at select Miu
Miu stores. Band of Outsiders rep tie, about $115. At Barneys NY.

Kid Rock
by Lynn Hirschberg

You have been a working actor since you were 5 years old. When you were that young, how did you know that this was what you wanted to do with your life? I had an epiphany during a performance of “The Wizard of Oz.” It was my first play — an ambitious production for the first grade. I was the scarecrow, and I thought there was some sort of chemistry between me and Dorothy — and I remember the moment. It was the first laugh I ever got. I was walking arm in arm with Dorothy and I fell to my knees. Big laugh. She smiled at me, and that was it. I grew up in L.A., and some of the kids in my class already had managers. They asked if I was interested, and I started going on one or two auditions a day. I instantly loved the work so much, except for commercials. I did a few of those, and you had to behave like you were sky-high on happy drugs.

Did your parents have an opinion about their son becoming a child actor?

My mom repeatedly told me this was something I did not have to do. It was a full-time job for me and a full-time job for her. She really dedicated herself to my career, but it was always my choice.

When you were 13, you were cast on the show “Third Rock From the Sun” as the brainiest of four aliens who arrive on Earth to study the natives.

I was the youngest in the cast, but the oldest in terms of intelligence. I was so happy about that show. It meant I was going to work all the time, and my favorite thing is to work. I did the show and I still went to Van Nuys High School. It was the most responsible time of my life.

Being a TV star must have made you popular in high school.

When people at school would ask me if I was on a show, I would lie. I had all these issues about my work. If someone told me that they saw me, it ruined my day. I was not interested in fame or what they now call “celebrity.” At the time, I was really neurotic. I wanted to believe in the art and craft of acting.

But at the very least, a TV career would get you a lot of dates.

Only with the wrong girls. All I wanted was a cool girlfriend I could make out with and have long conversations with. That was nearly impossible to find.

In the final season of “Third Rock,” you left and went to Columbia for college.

I was studying for the SAT’s and learning lines. I only applied to one school. I loved New York City. I had made “The Juror” here when I was 14. I played Demi Moore’s son, and while a 14-year-old kid is stranded in L.A., unable to drive, in New York I could go everywhere. When I arrived at Columbia, I gave up acting and became interested in all things French. French poetry, French history, French literature. My French classes were all about storytelling.

Did you watch a lot of French films?

I related heavily to “The 400 Blows,” but I was especially attracted to the women in French films, especially Godard’s. There is something about the shape of a woman’s mouth when she speaks French that is extremely erotic.

Maybe you should make a film in French.

I would love that. I have had dreams in French. I wake up and I think I was in a French film. When I was 20, I went to Paris and tried to meet French women. It didn’t work. You can know French, but they speak a whole other language there.

At college, you changed your attitude about acting.

After two years, I regained my interest. It was hard. I then had to reinterest everyone else. I still dislike the cult of “stars.” There’s no royalty in America, so people deify actors. It’s great to admire someone who does something you like. I admire David Bowie and Albert Einstein and ... Brigitte Bardot [he laughs], but not because they are famous. During college I started to miss acting. I started auditioning for movies. That’s how I got the part in “Mysterious Skin.”

In that movie, you play a gay hustler. It was a bold decision to take on that role. Were you nervous?

I find it very strange when people say, “How could you make that movie?” I never had any trepidation. When I read the script, I thought the director, Gregg Araki, would want me for another part, the sensitive boy. He said, “No — I want you to be sexy.” I had not heard that a lot. I was always cast as the friend or the nice guy. It’s really great when someone says, “I want you to be the sexy one.”

In “Stop Loss,” which comes out next year, you play a soldier in the current Iraq war. What was the most interesting thing about playing a soldier?

As the child of two peace activists, I had never considered that I might identify with someone who willingly goes to war. But I started to understand how much courage it takes to be a soldier. These guys lay down their lives for each other. There are nine men in my squad in the film, and I’ll die for them and they’ll die for me. That’s unlike anything I’ve ever known.

It’s interesting that critics consider it riskier from a career standpoint to play a gay hustler than a soldier in an unpopular war, or a psychotic hit man, which you play in your next film, “Killshot.”

As an actor, you have to be open-minded. That’s one of the great aspects of the job. In the real world, people make judgments all the time. But as an actor, you can’t judge. I would rather play someone who is different from me. You can’t be a bigot and be a great actor.

THE LITERARY TYPE
Styled by Robert Rabensteiner
Fashion Assistant: Maria Cristina Petrone
Hair by Giuseppe Moroni
Makeup by Pierre Orlando
Models: Marco de Vito, Marco di Palo, Domenico Mennillo,
Giovanni Pezzella, Szymon Pigula & Massimo Scamarcio
Photographed by Deborah Turbeville
Image Source: nytimes

1388042314_6345c5dd7c_o.jpg

‘One evening, I sat Beauty in my lap.
And I found her bitter.’’ Rimbaud

VALENTINO HERRINGBONE OVERCOAT, $2,460. AT VALENTINO
STORES. THOM BROWNE NEW YORK BLACK TUXEDO, $8,740,
WHITE SHIRT, $370, AND KNIT TIE. AT BARNEYS NEW YORK.
BERGDORF GOODMAN. NEIMAN MARCUS, SAN FRANCISCO.

1387146549_dd196d9935.jpg

‘‘To be natural is such a very difficult pose to keep up.’’ Oscar Wilde
GIANFRANCO FERRÉ GRAY COAT, $2,616. AT GIANFRANCO FERRÉ,
LOS ANGELES. DRIES VAN NOTEN WHITE SHIRT, $291, GRAY SWEATER,
$375, AND BLACK PANTS, $561. SHIRT AND SWEATER AT APARTMENT
NUMBER 9, CHICAGO. PANTS AT BARNEYS NEW YORK. SARTORIA
ARRIGO TIE. CHURCH’S SHOES.

1387146379_430e224df8.jpg

‘‘Since I spend a great deal , I must earn a great deal .’’
Gabriele d’Annunzio

Z ZEGNA GRAY OVERCOAT, $1,595. AT SELECT ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA
STORES. BOTTEGA VENETA GRAY SUIT JACKET, SOLD WITH PANTS
(NOT SHOWN), $3,350, AND GRAY VEST, $780. AT BOTTEGA VENETA,
699 FIFTH AVENUE. YVES SAINT LAURENT WHITE SHIRT, $595. AT
YVES SAINT LAURENT STORES. GIANFRANCO FERRÉ BLACK PANTS,
$850, AND TIE. AT GIANFRANCO FERRÉ, 870 MADISON AVENUE.
VINTAGE SUITCASE.

1387146231_405f99b162.jpg

‘‘Few people have the imagination for reality.’’ Goethe
BRIONI BLACK CAPE, MADE TO ORDER, ABOUT $5,000. AT BRIONI
STORES. NEIMAN MARCUS. SAKS FIFTH AVENUE. BERGDORF GOODMAN.
TSE BLACK COAT, $795. CALL (800) 801-8873. ANN DEMEULEMEESTER
VEST, ABOUT $520, AND SHORTS, ABOUT $475. VEST AT BARNEYS
NEW YORK. SHORTS AT RON HERMAN, LOS ANGELES. SARTORIA
ARRIGO TIE. GUCCI LEG WARMERS. VALENTINO SHOES.

1387146035_62f97dc0e1.jpg

‘‘The greater someone’s spirit, the more frequent, painful and
terrible is the boredom.’’ Giacomo Leopardi

VERSACE BLACK COAT, PRICE ON REQUEST, BLACK JACKET, SOLD
WITH PANTS (NOT SHOWN), $2,480, AND WHITE SHIRT, $980. AT
SELECT VERSACE STORES.CARLO PIGNATELLI BLACK PANTS, PRICE
ON REQUEST. GO TO WWW.CARLOPIGNATELLI.COM. PRADA
UMBRELLA. VALENTINO SHOES. VINTAGE SUITCASE.

1388041290_87b47d7f7b_o.jpg

‘‘Twin sister of religion, selfishness! ’’ Percy Bysshe Shelley
OPPOSITE: BURBERRY PRORSUM GREEN TOPCOAT, $3,395. AT SELECT
BURBERRY STORES. YOHJI YAMAMOTO RED TAILCOAT (UNDER TOPCOAT),
$1,840. AT YOHJI YAMAMOTO, 103 GRAND STREET. DIESEL NAVY JACKET
(UNDER BOTH COATS), $490. AT BLOOMINGDALE’S. NORDSTROM. DIESEL
STORES. PRADA BLACK PANTS, $580. AT SELECT PRADA STORES. OLIVER
PEOPLES GLASSES. DRIES VAN NOTEN SHIRT. GIANFRANCO FERRÉ GLOVES.
VALENTINO BOOTS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LA REGINA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->