The Shins

Reaction score
I did a search and was surprised to find that there wasn't a thread on one of my favourite bands so I decided to make one for everyone else out there who's a fan of the shins. :smile: :wink: My favourite songs from them include 'new slang', 'kissing the lipless', 'caring is creepy', 'pink bullets' and 'girl on the wing'.

(picture credit: frazadelic.com)

Yay! Gonna go see them at All Tomorrow's Parties in May.......... looking forward to it coz they're one of my fave bands!

I love The Shins!!! My favorite songs are: New Slang, Know Your Onion, Kissing The Lipless, Gone For Good, Turn A Square - lots! Love their lyrics. :flower:

Oh, they are wonderful. My favorite is "Those to Come". One of the verses is one of the most beautiful ever written.

Eyeless in the morning sun you were
Pale and mild, a modern girl
Taken with thought, still prone to care
Making tea in your underwear.

:heart:

Shins ahh i love them i first heard them when i saw garden state one of the best movies ever and have been in love sense

Oh I've just heard a few songs of them and I really really like their music. Really want to hear more now....

I'm back in another phase of listening to The Shins again. They will always be a staple in my music library but now is a time when they are on heavy rotation...

jmerc.jpg

jmerc

I love the Shins! I'm not familiar with them, but I really started liking them after I bought the Garden State soundtrack..their music is very soft and soothing..

^^I'm going to their gig at Koko....couldn't scrounge enough money for the ATP festival....

does anyone have a spare ticket (or even two) for the koko show? i'd be eternally grateful!

mazzystar said:
does anyone have a spare ticket (or even two) for the koko show? i'd be eternally grateful!

I did have a couple of days ago but I sold it so i could lat off to the ATP fest which is going to be blatantly wicked though I am more excited about seeing the Kooks and the severly underrated(though not by me) cribs, and spinto band...oh I am sad.

I think it's the weather change.

They're so spring-y. Always put me in a good mood.:flower:

I was listening to them today too. They need something new though!

There's a concert on the NPR site by them. They're sarcastic as hell - they amused me. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->